The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
hollyberry

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Just seen two comments on Quora supporting Johnny. :loveshower:

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Judge White agreed to the protective order, and it was signed by Johnny's and Heard's attorneys. I guess both sides saw a benefit.
to case documents; click on high-profile case search.

The order states submission of discovery, depositions, etc., are to be made via an electronic file sharing service. Does that stop details from being published by The Blast and downloadable from the Court's listing of motions and orders filed? The past documents are still visible at the Court site.

I just hope we don't see Heard's media friends reporting this as "Judge in Depp defamation lawsuit grants protective order on behalf of Amber Heard."

We understand that this order concerns protection of private information (documents, personal contact info), but most people think "abuse" when they hear "protective order." I doubt Heard's side will do anything to prevent or correct the perception that poor, powerless, abuse victim Amber is being physically, mentally and financially harassed by her rich, white, powerful ex-husband.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:36 pm

I’m not a lawyer but I read that document as merely an agreement to file electronically instead of snail mail or in person to the court. And file motions between parties. They also will send interrogatories needing responses in Word to make responding easier. I think this is because so many are out of state I don’t think this agreement has anything to do with a protective order. I don’t think Depp will agree to a blanket order. I think they’ll reach some agreement on a stipulated agreement with specific guidelines. I could be wrong

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Lbock wrote:I’m not a lawyer but I read that document as merely an agreement to file electronically instead of snail mail or in person to the court. And file motions between parties. They also will send interrogatories needing responses in Word to make responding easier. I think this is because so many are out of state I don’t think this agreement has anything to do with a protective order. I don’t think Depp will agree to a blanket order. I think they’ll reach some agreement on a stipulated agreement with specific guidelines. I could be wrong
I, too, read it as an agreement about the process to file electronically that is unrelated to the request for secrecy. Filing electronically will make it easier and quicker for the court site to publish documents as they won't have to scan paper documents and then upload the scans. Photos should be clearer.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 pm

Direct link to the signed agreement :

"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:55 pm

Brian has given us another excellent new video.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:51 am

:thanks!: Chocolat!

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:45 am

Thank you so much, Chocolat !!! Brian videos are well researched and honest . :ok:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 am

Another fine analysis from Mr. McPherson! Thanks so much, Chocolat, for the link.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:53 am

justintime wrote:Another fine analysis from Mr. McPherson! Thanks so much, Chocolat, for the link.
You're welcome, justintime. Brian's devotion to investigating the truth is time well spent.
His never before seen video clips in the elevator of Amber Heard and friends is a huge eye opener, especially for new viewers who were not aware of her secrets. I'm curious on how he obtained those clips when in the past it was The Blast who brought them to the public, via Johnny's legal team.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Chocolat wrote:Brian has given us another excellent new video.

Thank you for the link.

Amber has said that Johnny was always drunk and or high. Amber tries to act like she is a saint. She was definitely drunk or high in the one elevator video. I also love the way he documents the lack of facial bruises.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:51 pm

RumLover wrote:
Lbock wrote:I’m not a lawyer but I read that document as merely an agreement to file electronically instead of snail mail or in person to the court. And file motions between parties. They also will send interrogatories needing responses in Word to make responding easier. I think this is because so many are out of state I don’t think this agreement has anything to do with a protective order. I don’t think Depp will agree to a blanket order. I think they’ll reach some agreement on a stipulated agreement with specific guidelines. I could be wrong
I, too, read it as an agreement about the process to file electronically that is unrelated to the request for secrecy. Filing electronically will make it easier and quicker for the court site to publish documents as they won't have to scan paper documents and then upload the scans. Photos should be clearer.
Electronic filing is a conversion that the courts in the US are going through right now. After a certain date when the court is all set up on line, all lawyers must file their documents this way. This would include complaints, responses to complaints, letters to the court, motions, exhibits to motions and other pleadings with the court. Discovery such as interrogatories (a big list of questions) are exchanged between the attorneys and not something that gets filed with the court. Attorneys ask for interrogatories in Word because it makes it easier to respond with out the need to convert a PDF to Word format and they can send it to their clients to review and fill in the answers that the lawyers do not have. Interrogatories and Request for Documents only get sent to the plaintiffs and defendants. The witnesses do not get served these documents.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:59 pm

The agreement is mostly that both parties give their permission to serve each other with discovery requests by e-mail instead of regular mail. With so much hacking going on these days, I guess they wanted to put it on the record in case something got leaked.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:22 am

One last thing...let's not forget there are people she is trying to protect with this request for the protective order, like her sister who is in the videos and whom she said she was "protecting" from being hit but never gave any statements and was never listed as a witness in the dv charge. There is also her friend Amanda de Cadenet who was in one of the surveilance videos and supports Amber through her work doing stupid interviews. She was never listed as a witness either.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:29 am

Lots of subpoenas issued by Depp team and her side. Her side wants daily production reports from last Pirates and a few days of City of Lies corresponding to Rocky accusations

I’m guessing they are looking for reasons for Disney to fire him other than her claims of DV or her defamation resulting in bad PR

08/22/2019 Foreign Subpoena for Raquel Pennington View
08/22/2019 Foreign Subpoena for Melanie Inglessis View
08/22/2019 Foreign Subpoena for Joshua Drew View
08/22/2019 Foreign Subpoena for Jodi Gottlieb View
08/22/2019 Foreign Subpoena for Elizabeth Marz

Example of production report.