The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
RumLover
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:02 am
Location: Sydney, AUS
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by RumLover » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Personal Insurance won't pay for criminal acts committed by the policy holder.
Professional Insurance may pay for criminal acts committed by an employee (eg theft from clients) but that doesn't seem applicable and would not pay the criminal.
As yet, there is no criminal case against Heard but an insurance company is not going to pay millions in legal fees or damages if they can find a reason to not pay.

So Heard can't expect her insurance company to pay for her misdeeds. She will have to think of another plan.

User avatar
Chocolat
Posts: 10091
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:23 pm

FYI, Entertainment Tonight will be covering the recent news (with gurney pic) of Johnny on their program tonight.
I just saw a promo for it . CBS 7:30pm EDT.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

User avatar
Moonbeam
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm
Location: Neverland
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Moonbeam » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Chocolat wrote:FYI, Entertainment Tonight will be covering the recent news (with gurney pic) of Johnny on their program tonight.
I just saw a promo for it . CBS 7:30pm EDT.
This may be it. I just watched it. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:




:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- Johnny Depp..."The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

User avatar
Ruby Begonia
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:31 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:29 pm

Moonbeam wrote:
Chocolat wrote:FYI, Entertainment Tonight will be covering the recent news (with gurney pic) of Johnny on their program tonight.
I just saw a promo for it . CBS 7:30pm EDT.
This may be it. I just watched it. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:




:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:
Thanks for the info! Glad to see ET fairly telling his side, although they do also follow up with her attorney's denial. Can't help but think that extremely private Johnny must be upset that, in order to defend his reputation, he has to reveal all this extremely personal and sometimes embarrassing info to the world. It's like further abuse, but unfortunately it needs to be done thanks to her.

Weird that during their 12/29 fight, she would scream and lunge at him, then she'd calm down and they'd hug, and then he'd say he was leaving for a while, at which she'd get hysterical again, and this happened multiple times per Tara. Amber was obviously having some sort of "episode."

Quin55
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Quin55 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:34 pm

I am just sick after reading these accounts of how she tortured him and hurt him. It's so disgusting. His poor kids, knowing how horrible she was to their Dad. Whatever is wrong with her, I don't know. But how he put up with her nonsense and cruelty is amazing to me. Most people would have chucked her into the ocean. Seriously, she needs to be admitted to a psychiatric facility after the court case.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1239
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Quin55 wrote:I am just sick after reading these accounts of how she tortured him and hurt him. It's so disgusting. His poor kids, knowing how horrible she was to their Dad. Whatever is wrong with her, I don't know. But how he put up with her nonsense and cruelty is amazing to me. Most people would have chucked her into the ocean. Seriously, she needs to be admitted to a psychiatric facility after the court case.
Funny you brought that up because I have a feeling she will check into some sort of mental wellness hospital to delay the trial but blame it on Johnny.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Ruby Begonia
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:31 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:29 pm

I'm a little confused: Tara said Johnny's nose was gashed by Heard throwing a lacquer thinner can on 12/29/15. Now I'm seeing Twitter comments saying Heard admitted to this in a deposition, but the deposition Brian and others are citing is the one where Heard admits she hit him with a paint thinner can on 12/15/15 (day before Corden show). So, were there 2 incidents of her hitting him in the head with paint thinner cans? I can't imagine the attorney got the date wrong.

User avatar
reindeermoon
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by reindeermoon » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:07 am

I suppose there were a lot of similar incidents. It seems she liked to throw things or punching someone. She thinks she can do whatever she wants and the others have to do what she wants.

User avatar
RumLover
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:02 am
Location: Sydney, AUS
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by RumLover » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:28 am

Ruby Begonia wrote:I'm a little confused: Tara said Johnny's nose was gashed by Heard throwing a lacquer thinner can on 12/29/15. Now I'm seeing Twitter comments saying Heard admitted to this in a deposition, but the deposition Brian and others are citing is the one where Heard admits she hit him with a paint thinner can on 12/15/15 (day before Corden show). So, were there 2 incidents of her hitting him in the head with paint thinner cans? I can't imagine the attorney got the date wrong.
Yes Blair Berk did get the date wrong during the deposition.
Berk asked "Did you throw on May 15 -- I'm Sorry - December 30, 2015 a can of paint thinner while on the island of Exuma at Johnny Depp and hit him in the head?"
then there was a number of objections from Heard's lawyer until Berk asked "Did you or did you not throw a can at Johnny Depp on December 15,2015?"
Witness (Heard) "No".

This was clearly a mistake by Blair Berk that allowed Heard to truthfully answer no when she realised the date was wrong.

Earlier in the deposition there is an audio tape where Depp says "But punching me in the jaw you did?" Heard replies "I OK I'm sorry".
This is as close to an admission that she hit him that I can see.

15 December 2015 was in LA when Heard claimed Depp pulled out her hair and broke her nose.

User avatar
Ruby Begonia
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:31 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:30 am

:thanks!: RumLover! Very helpful. I need to look again into the docs because I missed that last part.

justintime
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:36 pm

RumLover wrote:
Ruby Begonia wrote:I'm a little confused: Tara said Johnny's nose was gashed by Heard throwing a lacquer thinner can on 12/29/15. Now I'm seeing Twitter comments saying Heard admitted to this in a deposition, but the deposition Brian and others are citing is the one where Heard admits she hit him with a paint thinner can on 12/15/15 (day before Corden show). So, were there 2 incidents of her hitting him in the head with paint thinner cans? I can't imagine the attorney got the date wrong.
Yes Blair Berk did get the date wrong during the deposition.
Berk asked "Did you throw on May 15 -- I'm Sorry - December 30, 2015 a can of paint thinner while on the island of Exuma at Johnny Depp and hit him in the head?"
then there was a number of objections from Heard's lawyer until Berk asked "Did you or did you not throw a can at Johnny Depp on December 15,2015?"
Witness (Heard) "No".

This was clearly a mistake by Blair Berk that allowed Heard to truthfully answer no when she realised the date was wrong. Earlier in the deposition there is an audio tape where Depp says "But punching me in the jaw you did?" Heard replies "I OK I'm sorry".
This is as close to an admission that she hit him that I can see.

15 December 2015 was in LA when Heard claimed Depp pulled out her hair and broke her nose.
Could there have been two separate incidents of two different “paint” cans - one lacquer and the other thinner - being thrown and hitting Johnny? One incident in LA and the other at his island? Johnny painted in both locations.

In this sworn AH deposition - appears to be Exhibit A of Johnny’s filing - the question references December 15, 2015. Perhaps this is part of what really happened on that date, only Berk got the locations wrong not the dates. If not, what is this Exhibit A? Who are the two employees present who witnessed the December 15th incident?

https://twitter.com/itfansofdepp/status ... 8185793539
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
RumLover
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:02 am
Location: Sydney, AUS
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by RumLover » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 pm

justintime wrote:
RumLover wrote:
Ruby Begonia wrote:I'm a little confused: Tara said Johnny's nose was gashed by Heard throwing a lacquer thinner can on 12/29/15. Now I'm seeing Twitter comments saying Heard admitted to this in a deposition, but the deposition Brian and others are citing is the one where Heard admits she hit him with a paint thinner can on 12/15/15 (day before Corden show). So, were there 2 incidents of her hitting him in the head with paint thinner cans? I can't imagine the attorney got the date wrong.
Yes Blair Berk did get the date wrong during the deposition.
Berk asked "Did you throw on May 15 -- I'm Sorry - December 30, 2015 a can of paint thinner while on the island of Exuma at Johnny Depp and hit him in the head?"
then there was a number of objections from Heard's lawyer until Berk asked "Did you or did you not throw a can at Johnny Depp on December 15,2015?"
Witness (Heard) "No".

This was clearly a mistake by Blair Berk that allowed Heard to truthfully answer no when she realised the date was wrong. Earlier in the deposition there is an audio tape where Depp says "But punching me in the jaw you did?" Heard replies "I OK I'm sorry".
This is as close to an admission that she hit him that I can see.

15 December 2015 was in LA when Heard claimed Depp pulled out her hair and broke her nose.
Could there have been two separate incidents of two different “paint” cans - one lacquer and the other thinner - being thrown and hitting Johnny? One incident in LA and the other at his island? Johnny painted in both locations.

In this sworn AH deposition - appears to be Exhibit A of Johnny’s filing - the question references December 15, 2015. Perhaps this is part of what really happened on that date, only Berk got the locations wrong not the dates. If not, what is this Exhibit A? Who are the two employees present who witnessed the December 15th incident?

https://twitter.com/itfansofdepp/status ... 8185793539
I have read the Johnny's filing and Exhibit A. Pages 65-67 is the part of Heard deposition transcript I am referring to
I really think Blair Berk said the wrong date. When she first asked the question, she said May 15 then corrected herself to December 30. In the following interruptions and objections, it is not hard to think she misspoke when the asked the question again.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 pm

justintime wrote:
RumLover wrote:
Ruby Begonia wrote:I'm a little confused: Tara said Johnny's nose was gashed by Heard throwing a lacquer thinner can on 12/29/15. Now I'm seeing Twitter comments saying Heard admitted to this in a deposition, but the deposition Brian and others are citing is the one where Heard admits she hit him with a paint thinner can on 12/15/15 (day before Corden show). So, were there 2 incidents of her hitting him in the head with paint thinner cans? I can't imagine the attorney got the date wrong.
Yes Blair Berk did get the date wrong during the deposition.
Berk asked "Did you throw on May 15 -- I'm Sorry - December 30, 2015 a can of paint thinner while on the island of Exuma at Johnny Depp and hit him in the head?"
then there was a number of objections from Heard's lawyer until Berk asked "Did you or did you not throw a can at Johnny Depp on December 15,2015?"
Witness (Heard) "No".

This was clearly a mistake by Blair Berk that allowed Heard to truthfully answer no when she realised the date was wrong. Earlier in the deposition there is an audio tape where Depp says "But punching me in the jaw you did?" Heard replies "I OK I'm sorry".
This is as close to an admission that she hit him that I can see.

15 December 2015 was in LA when Heard claimed Depp pulled out her hair and broke her nose.
Could there have been two separate incidents of two different “paint” cans - one lacquer and the other thinner - being thrown and hitting Johnny? One incident in LA and the other at his island? Johnny painted in both locations.

In this sworn AH deposition - appears to be Exhibit A of Johnny’s filing - the question references December 15, 2015. Perhaps this is part of what really happened on that date, only Berk got the locations wrong not the dates. If not, what is this Exhibit A? Who are the two employees present who witnessed the December 15th incident?

https://twitter.com/itfansofdepp/status ... 8185793539
The dates for this incident (and other incidents) seem confusing. I hope the lawyers get the dates of the incidents straightened out before court. Towards the end of Tara's statement she talks about Johnny, Amber and nurse Debbie Lloyd being on the island from August to December of 2014. I had to go back and read it again to make sure it said 2014. It is really confusing because the incidents don't seem to be in the order of the date they happened.

The terms paint thinner and paint lacquer can be used for the same thing. They are not the same thing but they are both used to thin paint. One person might call it lacquer and someone else might call it thinner.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1239
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 pm

When she was first asked about December 30, 2015 (after the lawyer corrected herself) she said that there was an incident the last time they were on the island about something that allegedly happened in a closet, and she said that she "pushed him or picked up something to get away. I-I-I or at what point I picked something up but I have thrown something on the island at him while I was running from the closet where this started to the door to get out." So essentially she admitted it but in a sleezey round about way. Later the lawyer brought up Dec. 15 in error.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1239
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:18 pm

Johnny's declaration says that on December 15, 2015, (the night before the James Cordon show) three photographs (Exhibit C) were taken of him with scratches on his cheek, chin and nose from an incident that took place but he doesn't go into detail.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."