Johnny Depp Launches NFT Collection

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:53 am

:thanks!: ForeverYoung for posting this, love to hear Johnny's voice and I love how he really thinks about what he's saying. He was so sweet to thank those that asked questions or paid him compliments. He is so thoughtful and considerate to those that interact with him. Looking forward to more of these. :goodvibes:
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:26 pm

Thank you so much, ForeverYoung :-) :daisyforyou

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:31 pm

My pleasure! :dillingerhello:

There were supposed to be more last night but the announcement was never made. The admin. said he was doing this during a "break" in filming, which left a lot of people confused because he isn't filming in France until the summer. I will let you know when he does more. When they said "filming" I thought they meant he was filming the responses so people could see him but it seems he just did it on audio.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:57 pm

I was getting a chuckle waiting for JD to start responding to the questions. Over 900 of them were submitted so him and his crew were sorting out which ones he would answer but that deadline to submit the questions was last week. When he was only 15 min late people were panicking and freaking out. Obviously, some of them know nothing about JD. He came on 1/2 hour late and I was impressed with that! :grin: :lol: :rotflmao:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:55 pm

f.y.i. to anyone who owns a NFT. Not really sure what happened here..I don't own any but on Discord in the chat there is news about something happening with the market and people are suggesting and owners of NFT's disconnect their wallets. This is sad because e-mails were released today to some of the owners who were able to get the chance of purchasing an NFT from the second batch being released tomorrow. As of this afternoon, JD made $3.1 million, not counting what is going to his charities.

Hey ya'll I'm sure you heard the news spreading around about the OpenSea exploit and possibly x2y2. This related to OpenSea/x2y2 themselves and not a Loveless issue.

What to do for now:
1. If on desktop: Go to MetaMask, click the 3 dots, then click on connected sites. Click the trashcan to remove connections to everything.

2. If mobile: Click the 3 lines on the top left, settings, experimental then view sessions. Hold down the name of each connection and it will pop up to remove.

3. Next, go to https://etherscan.io/tokenapprovalchecker and revoke access to anything opensea or x2y2 related. Make sure to go through all token types in the different tabs.

4. You can also use debank.com if etherscan is down

It's suggested to not interact with OpenSea in anyway right now. "

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:28 pm

Posting on twitter from Never Fear Truth

"We are actively investigating rumors of an exploit associated with OpenSea related smart contracts. This appears to be a phishing attack originating outside of OpenSea's website. Do not click links outside of http://opensea.io."

SdubLU

Unread post by SdubLU » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:42 am

Anybody here already holding one? Or planing to? :)

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:07 am

SdubLU wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:42 am
Anybody here already holding one? Or planing to? :)
Sorry but no. I can't afford it and even if I could, I don't trust these crypto banks and the hackers that are out there but I wish everyone well and to stay safe with their wallets. Hope you enjoy the digital prints or if you're lucky enough to be able to get an original hand painted piece of art from JD.

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:42 am

Judging from what I've read this morning the problem is actually OpenSea itself and not outside their operations. Many people have had their collection stolen and OpenSea are being deliberately vague. One person actually checked and the code was incorrect on the OpenSea site which caused the mistake and left people open to having their wallets raided and some have lost everything. They're now calling for OpenSea to reimburse them for what they've lost. :-/
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

SdubLU

Unread post by SdubLU » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:59 am

Yeah I'm also not into cryptos but I minted one today. Because of the phishing and hacking it should be safest to just disconnect the wallet from everything if you do not need any connection and as I am not planning on starting trading but just wanted to hold this NFT and see how the project goes I hope that way it is at least halfway safe...

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:51 am

SdubLU wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:59 am
Yeah I'm also not into cryptos but I minted one today. Because of the phishing and hacking it should be safest to just disconnect the wallet from everything if you do not need any connection and as I am not planning on starting trading but just wanted to hold this NFT and see how the project goes I hope that way it is at least halfway safe...
Congrats and good luck! Today they announced if you hold a "Bunny Man" NFT (if you bought early on when this first started) you can be eligible to submit a sketch of a carrot to JD and he will put it into one of his paintings which he will be selling in London later this year in an art sale. He will put his Bunny Man picture on it in gold paint. Some people say it's a portrait of himself. IDK, but the name came from something Jack did when he was 5 years old and they called it Bunny Man and now it's a big thing on Discord for people to post carrots. One of his paintings for sale will be Bunny Man and he also posts under this name when he comes on, but that is very rare.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:34 pm

JD was supposed to continue answering written questions on Monday but he could not attend. He was also supposed to appear today but again he could not. He is supposed to be there tomorrow but we shall see what happens with that.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:16 am

It's a really nifty project but so, so complicated. I just wish his portraits were available to simply buy as prints (not the originals obviously) for us all mere mortals who want to own them and not this :grin2:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:26 pm

I agree! The instructions to join, and once you are 'sort of' there the confusion of how to proceed are really frustrating. I did see something nice on YouTube today about Johnny's NFT project, by 'nice' I mean actually fairly easy to understand. I would love to have had the confidence to actually purchase one of these thingies, but now the scare that people are losing stuff. :ohno: I really do like the art and as you say, I would love to purchase a straight up poster. In any case, I assume that one of the reasons JD is doing this is to make money, and thus it is a brilliant idea.

Here's the link to the overview of Johnny's NTF project:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:40 pm

From what I can tell is that most of the NFT's are for digital prints. There are some "raffles" go on such as if you own a Bunny Man NFT from when the site opened, you can apply to buy use it and if you are selected, you can send him a personal pic where he will make a painting out of it and send it to you. I wish I could afford one but it's more than a mortgage payment for me and I really don't know enough about this crypto currency to get involved in hooking up my wallet to a digital bank.