The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Inquiring Minds

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:21 pm

A very informative link thanks ForeverYoung,
Looking through the tables supplied and incorporating their explanations of Fidelity and Vanguard, these are not just owned by him, he is using them as a tax dodge and to mask where he directs funds. Maybe this is why he is avoiding the subpoena? Does Amber have something financial over him, maybe something with his use of these payment anonymising vehicles?

And knowing now how he is using these facade-charities, who else has benefited from their generosity (and why)?

I also note donations made directly, in his name, to the LAPD ($10K apiece) in 2014 and 2015. Anything happen around then (asking for a friend)?

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Granna wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:27 pm
AdeleAgain: As we know, AH will do "whatever it takes" to stay relevant in the media (legal, questionable or otherwise).

AH has had no problem being bold and blatant on her accusations about JD - look at what she claimed. I think if she could get away with it she would do just about anything. And that is one of the reasons she is a little nervous. I wonder if she has done something that is illegal with the IRS.

If she lied about the donations - what else is she lied about? Tax returns?
You are right, anyone who would lie about giving charity donations to a children's hospital is capable of anything. She does not believe in right and wrong, she believes that whatever she does is justified.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:10 pm

Elon Musk will eventually get served his subpoena. He can not avoid it forever, it is a legal document. If a judge thinks that he is intentionally avoiding being served, the judge can find him in contempt of court. The judge can have an arrest warrant issued for him. Nobody would ever appear in court if it was as easy as just avoiding being served. That's why they have protections in place to make sure that people can not avoid being served. Also, he can be served anywhere, the grocery store, outside his house, one of his businesses, standing on the street, anywhere. If a process server attempts to give him a subpoena and he refuses to take it, he is in contempt of court. If he takes it and drops it on the ground, he is considered served. I would not think that it would be that hard to "find" him. He is a public figure. He has appeared on television during SpaceX launches and also given interviews with regard to Tesla. A good process server also has a detective mind. The process server does not get paid until the serve the subpoena, so many of then are pretty aggressive when it comes to serving someone. I don't know why he has not been served yet, but he will eventually be served, he can not avoid it.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:23 pm

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:21 pm
A very informative link thanks ForeverYoung,
Looking through the tables supplied and incorporating their explanations of Fidelity and Vanguard, these are not just owned by him, he is using them as a tax dodge and to mask where he directs funds. Maybe this is why he is avoiding the subpoena? Does Amber have something financial over him, maybe something with his use of these payment anonymising vehicles?

And knowing now how he is using these facade-charities, who else has benefited from their generosity (and why)?

I also note donations made directly, in his name, to the LAPD ($10K apiece) in 2014 and 2015. Anything happen around then (asking for a friend)?
They can only ask Elon Musk about his charity donations or tax write off's as they relate to Amber Heard. Elon Musk is not on trial so they can not question him about all of his business or charity dealings that have nothing to do with Amber Heard. I agree that Amber might have some financial dirt on him that she is using to blackmail him. That would be for another court.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Judymac: Question - with Musk being the "richest man", can he legally throw money at his situation with AH & court - to make it "go away?" Contempt of court, doesn't seem to worry him. If he has nothing to hide, it would be sensible to get this over with and move on. I do believe AH has a "little black book (secret recordings, perhaps?)" of dark secrets to hold over people for her to get what she wants. I wouldn't put it past her (IMHO).

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:26 pm

Granna wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:34 pm
Judymac: Question - with Musk being the "richest man", can he legally throw money at his situation with AH & court - to make it "go away?" Contempt of court, doesn't seem to worry him. If he has nothing to hide, it would be sensible to get this over with and move on. I do believe AH has a "little black book (secret recordings, perhaps?)" of dark secrets to hold over people for her to get what she wants. I wouldn't put it past her (IMHO).
No, he can not throw money at this case to make it go away. If the judge accepted a bribe to throw the case out of court, than the judge could get into legal trouble. The only other person who could decide to end the case would be the plaintiff, because it is his case. Johnny would have to agree to a settlement. A defendant can not end a case, because it is not their case. I hope that makes sense. Amber only has the power to end the case that she has against Johnny, she can not end the case that Johnny has against her. I do think Elon Musk is arrogant enough to think that he is above the law. Someday, he will encounter an aggressive process server who doesn't care if he is the richest man. I know there are process servers who would love the challenge of serving the richest man.

I hope I did not overexplain this to the point of making it confusing.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Judymac: No, you didn't over explain it.

It just seems to me that AH & Co., are getting away with murder. Due to her connections with Musky.

This is such an unholy cluster. :sad:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Amber and Elon were texting the day after the alleged incident in May 2016 but she didn't seem to want to talk about it, saying it was "irrelevent." What she wanted to talk about was something that happened between her and Elon. I have no doubt in my mind that Amber was having an affair with him.

https://theblast.com/c/amber-heard-john ... ou-twitter
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:56 pm

What happened the night of May 21st, 2016, was irrelevant because it never happened. However, she was concerned about setting up everything with her next "meal ticket ". Moving up the chain, to make sure the money was there, to keep her in the lifestyle she wanted.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:11 pm

Johnny Did get the tax deductions for the $200K he sent ACLU/CHLA as noted in the divorce agreement

Bottom Page 251 https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 1_2019.pdf

My understanding is the Charity Groups Elon (Musk Foundation) used can be used by anyone. He designates where and when the money is to be donated. In addition, the money held there is invested and expected to grow. The proceeds continue to be donated again he can claim that as a tax deduction too. Also, much of what Elon put into Vanguard & Fidelity was stock from Tesla - not cash.
https://www.vanguardcharitable.org/?gcl ... pMQAvD_BwE
What is a donor-advised fund?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving account designed exclusively to invest, grow, and give assets to charities for meaningful and lasting impact. Here's how it works: You donate assets into a DAF and recommend how those assets should be invested. Your contribution is tax-deductible and the assets in the DAF grow tax-free. When you're ready, recommend a grant to a charity you care about, and we take care of the rest. Some people call it a giving vehicle. Others call it a philanthropic fund. We call it the most convenient, tax-efficient way to give back.
https://chiefmomofficer.org/2017/12/18/ ... sed-funds/
With a donor advised fund, you don’t need to just have the cash sitting around to open the account. With Fidelity, for example, you can donate appreciated stock, privately held business interests like IPO shares, real estate, and more. Vanguard also allows publicly traded securities, mutual funds, and complex assets on a case-by-case basis (there are higher minimums for the complex assets). If you donate an appreciated asset, you not only avoid paying taxes on the appreciation, but you can also get a tax deduction for the amount of your contribution when you make it. Your contribution then grows tax-free until you choose to disburse it in the form of a charitable gift. At Fidelity, you can even have third parties make contributions to the account too – so if you’re tired of, say, Christmas materialism and want instead to make a difference, you can ask others to contribute to your donor advised fund.
Re Musk Foundation (which uses Vanguard and Fidelity too). https://qz.com/1911485/elon-musks-chari ... tax-haven/
Between 2002 and 2015, the foundation gave away an average of $493,801 per year, with assets dropping to $57,000 in 2015. But the balance increased dramatically the next year with Musk’s contribution of 1.2 million shares of Tesla stock, kicking off a string of substantial donations—most of them to financial institutions that began managing his philanthropy.
https://qz.com/1911485/elon-musks-chari ... tax-haven/
2017 Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund $12,431,640 Donor advised fund For Public Charity Support
2016 Vanguard Charitable $37,798,322 Donor advised fund For Public Charity Support

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Sorry my point about JD's tax reductions is that in 2016 I remember a tax attorney being quoted as saying that JD would get the same tax reductions on the money he had to pay as part of the settlement -whether he gave them to AH or to a charity to satisfy the divorce agreement - no different to him. But that was not widely reported.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:53 pm

Granna wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:31 pm
Judymac: No, you didn't over explain it.

It just seems to me that AH & Co., are getting away with murder. Due to her connections with Musky.

This is such an unholy cluster. :sad:
What exactly do you mean that they are getting away with murder? I do not see this as a cluster at all. Delays are not unusual for US courts, that's the way they work. Elon Musk is not a defendant in this trial so any part of his finances or business dealings that does not have to do with Amber Heard will not be allowed. That is not getting away with anything it is the law. Amber Heard's side can not bring in things that Marilyn Manson has allegedly done to his ex girlfriend in order to try to damage Johnny. In the eyes of the law the are the exact same thing. The courts only go by laws and by facts. Please explain what you mean that "they" are getting away with murder.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Elon Musk is a board member of The Sun. He could be asking Murdoch to control the media against JD and in favor of the ex. I mean, how can she admit to starting physical fights and throwing objects at JD in recordings and not be crucified by the media??? Maybe she still has a secret thing going on with Musk to help her pay her legal bills and he doesn't want Grimes to find out which could be why he is avoiding the subpoenas, imo.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:40 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:28 pm
Elon Musk is a board member of The Sun. He could be asking Murdoch to control the media against JD and in favor of the ex. I mean, how can she admit to starting physical fights and throwing objects at JD in recordings and not be crucified by the media??? Maybe she still has a secret thing going on with Musk to help her pay her legal bills and he doesn't want Grimes to find out which could be why he is avoiding the subpoenas, imo.
Do you have a source for saying Elon Musk is a board member for the Sun?
It doesn't really sound like his thing - newspapers being "old" technology. He is not board member for News Corp.

Murdoch could have his own reasons for wanting to destroy Depp.

rufusindigo

Unread post by rufusindigo » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:55 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:28 pm
Isn't it the other way around?? James Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch's son, is on the board of Tesla, Elon Musk's company.