The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:14 pm

Judymac wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:25 pm
ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:50 am
If he is awarded a sum of money and the judge files the order against her then she has to pay and if she doesn't then the lawyers will go after her not for Johnny but so that they can get paid. The lawyers take their contingency fees before the client gets the check.

If she gets a judgement against her, the lawyers can garnish a percentage of her wages, or she can be ordered to pay a certain amount of money every month. This is a court ordered judgement. She can not just get out of paying because she does not have it or does not want to pay it. It does not matter that she will not have the full amount, she will be forced to pay it off on time.
I was just wondering how they plan to do that when she has no work coming in except for these minor bits she is doing. I believe the lawyers will get their fee, that's for sure, but I'm not so sure Johnny will leave her out in the street even though she deserve to be there.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:38 pm

Judymac wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:02 pm
Moonbeam wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:27 pm
Granna wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:11 pm
AH should come clean, admit the hoax, lies and extortion attempt, serve her jail time and move on.
I truly believe AH to be a narcissistic sociopath. They will do anything to squirm out of admitting that they are wrong or have done anything wrong. She needs to be prosecuted and jailed for perjury, at the very least.
There are numerous videos on the subject of narcissistic and sociopathic narcissistic abuse on YouTube and elsewhere. It all sounds so familiar.
For your reading pleasure, here are 2 articles that describe this person to a tee.

Unfortunately the only reason she could go to jail in the U.S. would be perjury. The statute of limitations has expired on the domestic violence events. She could not be prosecuted in a criminal trial for domestic violence.
Maybe she still be charged with Fraud or extortion?
A quick google says California statute of limitations for criminal fraud is 4 years.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:09 pm

I think Johnny only really cares his legal bills are paid.

The court is limited in garnishing wages for judgements. It only really matters is that lawyers get paid

In Virginia he could claim all personal property including cars, jewelry etc.

“ A creditor can also garnish wages, but the amount is limited to the lesser of :
25% of debtor’s disposal earnings (after required deductions); or
the amount that debtor’s weekly disposal earnings exceed forty times the national minimum wage, which is currently $290 ($7.25 is the federal and Virginia minimum wage x 40).“

https://www.stevenkriegerlaw.com/blog/h ... n-virginia

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:02 pm

Either way, one thing is for sure...she is toast in Hollywood and that's good enough for me. I hope Warner Brothers makes the decision to toss Mera into the depths of the ocean. Nobody will miss her. :bluewave:

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:49 pm

It would be great to believe she is "toast" in Hollywood. However, companies like LOreal, STILL have her as their representative. Her other glory- hound connections, are still damming true victims of DV, as well.

Until, they realize what Heard is and remove her from such fame-seeking titles and events, that they are also "laughing" at DV victims and survivors, our stance, equality or however you wish to call it, is far from over. Heard is still there.

We also should continue to remind everyone of Heards' so called "partners in crime" They should also face severe consequences for their part, of humiliating victins and the attempted crucifixion of JD.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Don’t know how reliable this may be, but it seems a bit less couched in “might be’s” than most reports of this ilk.
From Laura B’s Twitter page:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/hollywood ... admission/

Until I read something from WB, however, I’ll reserve celebration.
Last edited by justintime on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:11 pm

:applause2: :cheers:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:48 pm

justintime wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:00 pm
Don’t know how reliable this may be, but it seems a bit less couched in “might be’s” than most reports of this ilk.
From Laura B’s Twitter page:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/hollywood ... admission/

Until I read something from WB, however, I’ll reserve celebration.
I can’t think it’s real to depend on. Seems too early to have to make this decision. Either they recast her or tell a different story.

After the audios, how can they keep her in a family movie. Petition hit 400k

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Lbock wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:09 pm
I think Johnny only really cares his legal bills are paid.

The court is limited in garnishing wages for judgements. It only really matters is that lawyers get paid

In Virginia he could claim all personal property including cars, jewelry etc.

“ A creditor can also garnish wages, but the amount is limited to the lesser of :
25% of debtor’s disposal earnings (after required deductions); or
the amount that debtor’s weekly disposal earnings exceed forty times the national minimum wage, which is currently $290 ($7.25 is the federal and Virginia minimum wage x 40).“

https://www.stevenkriegerlaw.com/blog/h ... n-virginia

It is difficult but not impossible to collect judgements. You have to take that blog in the context that it was written. This blog was written for the average person who does not have a lot of money or assets, or a powerful attorney who knows how to collect. I am not saying that he would get all of the money that is awarded to him. I do not expect the judge to award him what he is asking because they do not usually do that. The winning side asks for a huge amount of money, the losing side asks to pay almost nothing and the judge decides somewhere in between. I do think the will get more than legal fees. This is just an opinion, I could be wrong or I could be right, time will tell.

nebraska

Unread post by nebraska » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:11 pm

And what happens when Ms Heard claims she is mentally ill (which she obviously is)?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Rocky case delayed to 2021. Ben Chew will officially be joining the case

Granny576

Unread post by Granny576 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:19 pm

Thank you. Spending so much on this. I got a bit anxious.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:41 pm

Granny576 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:19 pm
Thank you. Spending so much on this. I got a bit anxious.
I think Johnny should win this. Jury’s can be unpredictable and award a few bucks and make it look like something went down. I think his group wants this forgotten and def after the AH trial. IMHO. It’s a pesky fly that needs to be swatted

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:45 pm

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Lbock wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:45 pm
This is interesting. Let's see what she has to say now...