The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:24 pm

I put together an easier list to read
AH issued foreign subpoenas in LA that JD is asking to be QUASHED or MODIFED. He isn’t trying to hide anything. Just these requests were too far reaching, invaded their personal and business privacy and very expensive for third parties, not to mention their legal counsel. Some aren’t necessary at all for a defamation trial.

• BLOOM HERGOTT DIEMER ROSENTHAL LAVIOLETTE FELDMAN SCHENKMAN & GOODMAN,
• JACOB A. BLOOM
• SCHENKMAN & BRECHEEN
• SEPEHR DAGHIGHIAN
• WALT DISNEY MOTION PICTURES GROUP, INC.,
• JERRY BRUCKHEIMER, INC.
• FILM LA
• BRUCKHEIMER FILMS
• MIRAMAX, LLC
• JACK WHIGHAM C/O CREATIVE ARTISTS
• CHRISTIAN CARINO C/O CREATIVE ARTISTS
• STAN COLEMAN
• ROBIN BAUM C/O SLATE PR, LLC
• TRACEY JACOBS C/O UNITED TALENT
• STEPHEN DEUTERS 1 & 2
• CHRISTI DEMBROWSKI C/O DYLAN RUGA, STAWART LAW GROUP; ELISA?S ATTIC, LLC; AND STRATTON FILMS, INC.,
• PREMIER GROUP INTERNATIONAL
• SEAN BETT

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:46 pm

If Kaplan is willing to "leak" to the Blast, that's a dangerous move. Judge White issued the statement, as to why the trial date was moved with a warning, to Team Heard.

Kaplan/Heard are getting so desperate, they are being stupid.

If Franco, admits there were "no bruises", things would wrap up quickly. Why is he so concerned? Afraid of Heard and her father? Franco's request makes Heard and company look even more guilty.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Obviously Franco has no intention of lying and he is afraid of what will get leaked. Well, it's too late now. He never should have hooked up with her in the first place. :smh: :facepalm: :dunce:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:40 pm

True. I am sure there are A LOT of people, who wish they never got involved with her, in any shape or form.

I don't think it will be long now, before we see a massive cave in- by Heard. She won't admit to anything, but I think her hand will be forced.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Whitney Heard needs to be subpoenaed. She is one of the main witnesses. :waiting:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:15 pm

Franco seems to think he has the option of complying with the subpoena under his terms. If he doesn't agree now then Depp's team will just get a court order anyway.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:05 pm

justintime wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Doesn’t matter what rag/tabloid the leak was printed in, none of them - not a one - has had any longstanding allegiance to the truth or Johnny. The Blast has proven itself to be, substantively, no more on JD’s side than any other; that being the case, I can see Kaplan “cleverly” going with superficial appearances and using The Blast for her and her client’s own ends by leaking this story to them (The Blast).
Keep in mind that anything printed about JD and AH by The Blast is posted as EXCLUSIVE. My guess here is that means that The Blast is fed exclusive information by one of the PR teams. All along I guessed it was via Adam Waldman when he would issue his bombshell statements. However, with this news from James Franco, I'm uncertain where The Blast got this exclusive from.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:28 pm

AH does NOT want sister, depo'd. Reason: Whitney became a mom. Doesn't want her involved.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 pm

Granna wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:28 pm
AH does NOT want sister, depo'd. Reason: Whitney became a mom. Doesn't want her involved.
Yeah, I get that but Amber cannot stop Johnny's team from issuing a subpoena for Whitney Heard's deposition and they should. Waldman said they have a video of Whitney pretending to punch Amber in the face with Raquel there and they were all laughing. Amber admitted to punching Johnny in the face to "protect" Whitney so let's see what Whitney has to say about all of this alleged abuse.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:34 pm

It’s hard to depose family members like parents and sisters. They have the statements by the condo people. She should call Whitney to dispute and then Depp team can cross

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:17 am

The video of Whitney pretending to punch Amber was overwritten.
We know it existed because building staff and manager testified that they saw it. They also testified that they were advised not to help the lawyers who came to search the security camera video and so did not tell the lawyers where to look and that video was not saved.
The multiple people who saw the video are eye witnesses even though the video no longer exists.

There was mention of Depp having text messages from Whitney in May 2016. Heard has asked for all text messages so if Depp kept the ones from Whitney (as he did the ones from Heard parents), then they will be evidence. Whitney could be subpoenaed to explain the messages.

Amber doesn't want Whitney to testify because Whitney knows Amber, her aggression and lies.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:28 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Franco seems to think he has the option of complying with the subpoena under his terms. If he doesn't agree now then Depp's team will just get a court order anyway.
So James Franco, and perhaps also Elon Musk, can't just shrug, and say, that this is Johnny's own problem, and they don't want to show up, and testify under oath?

So sorry, if that seems a dumb question to you. But I am not American, and what I know about American law practice is cleaned from TV series and movies, so I don't expect that to be fully accurate :biggrin:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:05 am

meeps wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:28 am
ForeverYoung wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:15 pm
So James Franco, and perhaps also Elon Musk, can't just shrug, and say, that this is Johnny's own problem, and they don't want to show up, and testify under oath?

So sorry, if that seems a dumb question to you. But I am not American, and what I know about American law practice is cleaned from TV series and movies, so I don't expect that to be fully accurate :biggrin:
If they refuse to show up for their subpoenaed deposition Johnny's team can ask the Judge for a court order demanding them to appear. However, this didn't stop Amber from refusing three times but eventually she had to do it.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 am

Thanks a lot for explaining :airkiss2:

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:14 am

meeps wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 am
Thanks a lot for explaining :airkiss2:
meeps, I am American and I don't understand every detail of our law! :lol: So any clear cut explanation is greatly appreciated from me as well. :thanks!:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.