The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:45 pm

A lot of lawyers don't care about what is right or wrong...they just want to win their case and get paid but it must be very frustrating for her team to try to defend her against Johnny's deformation claim when she just goes back out and does it all again.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:02 am

Isn’t that the basis of the movie The Marriage Story. The lawyers interference

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:48 am

Lbock wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:02 am
ForeverYoung wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:45 pm
A lot of lawyers don't care about what is right or wrong...they just want to win their case and get paid but it must be very frustrating for her team to try to defend her against Johnny's deformation claim when she just goes back out and does it all again.
Isn’t that the basis of the movie The Marriage Story. The lawyers interference
I never saw the film so I really comment on that but in high profile cases like this one it would have been smart for her to keep her mouth shut, imo, especially when she is on her third attempt to get the case dismissed.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:57 am

Thanks to Lbock’s Twitter page:

"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:06 am

No, it's not about money. He knows she doesn't have that kind of money. He wants her to admit she lied but that's never going to happen which means she will go down in flames and it's her own fault.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:37 am

Just a thought and a question: what will happen if Amber either shows up late or not at all to the actual court case later this year - behaves as she did, when she was supposed to sit for a disposition in connection with the divorce?

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:56 am

JD will not be in the courtroom a lot during this time. The Hollywood Vampires had already scheduled their tour before the judge changed the trial date to August 2020. Arrangements must be made by team Depp to have JD in a courtroom setting(wherever he nay be) so that he can Skype his testimony.

We will have to wait for the outcome, as to a H's speech at the women's March in Los Angeles over the weekend. It is clear that she wants again, has brought up JD into her speech. Even she did not mention him by name, however the media Outlets have already picked it up that she was referring to JD. With that being said I am sure that Adam Waldman and Ben Chew, will have something in writing to Judge White.

By her giving her speech the way she did, the latest entry that Kaplan put into the courtroom for dismissal for the third time, has just lost all its credibility.

Being that Judge White has already issued a warning to team Heard over the information leaked to the press, I am sure that Judge White has about had all of it he is going to take. At this particular moment, Amber Heard has still not signed her HIPPA waiver, released her medical records, metadata, and any other information that was court-ordered and mandated by the judge.

The next court encounter, should be very interesting.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:06 am

In a Civil case I don’t think the plaintiff or defendant have to be there as long as they are legally represented. But I don’t think the jury would be happy giving up their time to hear and judge Johnny’s claims if he couldn’t be bothered to show up himself. If he can’t make time for his own case then why should the jury care. She doesn’t have to testify But she has to sit for depositions

I’m not aware of any rule that Johnny can Skype testimony as a plaintiff in a civil trial. If he doesn't show up irregardless of the tour, then he’s lost the case IMHO. If I was on the jury I’d be pissed.

The judge will know nothing about her appearances and interviews unless Depp team filed a motion or a complaint letter. As she is in California and their rules on free speech and on defamation are much more slack, she feels pretty safe there running her mouth.

We have no idea at this date what she has or hasn’t done regarding her medical records, etc. it’s been a long time since Depp team made that statement and I’m sure there’s been many more documents etc exchanged since then.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:35 am

Agreed to a point. According to a family member who is an attorney, the jury must be informed that JD will be out of the country for a part of this trial. I'm sure that they will make every effort necessary to have him present, his testimony if need be in the courtroom, (scheduling will be necessary.) As far as her speaking ill will during the march in Los Angeles, according to the family member it is still defamation, it does not matter where or what state she is in. The case is still ongoing and she still running her mouth. It can be used against her in the trial in Virginia regardless of how slack the rules are a defamation in the state of California.

True, the judge will not know about anything that she said this past weekend. However, we all know that Adam Waldman and Ben Chew will be putting something in writing, showing that she is still defaming him regardless of where she is. This would be in the best interest for team Depp. This is not helping Kaplan at all. I am sure Kaplan will use the amendment of free speech to try to get out of it. However, many of the media Outlets, across the country, that covered this March have all concluded that Amber Heard was talking about Johnny Depp. That is far more damning.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:43 am

I only saw his music manager comment on IG when someone asked. He said “court dates change all the time. But he should be clear for the first date either way 🙏🏻“. I took that as no guarantee but we are praying he’ll be there (in comment section)

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Unless she is forced to block out the court time by now, I won't be surprised if AH maneuvers some type of work schedule around the time of the trial date in order to skip being in court. The jury truly needs to see Amber Heard in court and on the stand. If she can't or won't be there, I hope, if possible, Mr. Waldman or Mr. Chew will show the deposition tapes of her behavior explaining her side of the story. They need to see her babbling and crumbling under the pressure of perjury.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:23 pm

I think her only defense is to keep delaying the trial. She’ll come up with a fake health reason if nothing else. So then it would be rescheduled after his tour. Just my opinion

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:05 pm

According to the family member, if she was to schedule work at the time of the trial that would be held against her. She is fully aware of the trial date. And JD's situation the tour dates had already been scheduled before the trial date was changed. It will not look good for her. She is still trying to dismiss this for the third time. Let us see what the repercussions will be due to her little speech at the march in LA and the proceedings with the paperwork that Kaplan put in, regarding the defamation suit. I am a firm believer that Waldman and Chew are on top of this and they will be in trial. As we all know she does not have the 50 million dollars. And we also know she will not admit that she's done anything wrong. So let this go 15 rounds in court. Let's believe in JD and his team.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:16 pm

I believe, at the very least, if she were to admit the article was about him, it would be her usual twist on words and blame it on the author of the article and/or the newspaper. Something like "I told the author about my marriage but I never saw the article or authorized it to be printed."

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Fortunately, she cannot. The universal publication guidelines state on the by line. "By Amber Heard", she is the one that receives the authorship credit and is fully responsible for the content of the article.

The Washington Post, issued a statement, that the Op-Ed written in December of 2018, is definitely about JD.

There was another piece that she wrote, concerning medical records. She stated that she felt that the medical records when were to remain private. However she has made sure that she has access to JD's.

She can't get out of that either.