The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:27 pm

This isn’t like last time. She isn’t the plaintiff. She isn’t driving the bus. The only two people who can stop this is the judge or Johnny

Larkwoodgirl

Unread post by Larkwoodgirl » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:31 pm

Granna wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:06 pm
IMO, this will not go to trial. Everything is blowing up in AH's face. Her legal team has been called out by Judge White, already, with a stern warning. Notice, her camp, has been extremely quiet? I truly believe, there will be more incriminating bombs that will be dropped. It won't be from anything that JD has done, it is from the request of documents from her side, that has bitten her in the butt. AH will try to shut this up quickly, particularly if the media outlets, start supporting JD.
I can't see this being settled for anything less than a full public admission by AH that she and her friends perpetrated the entire hoax, that Johnny never abused her, and that she was nothing more than a fraud when she promoted her shameless self as the poster girl for domestic violence. She should also have to issue public apologies to Johnny, his kids, and the real victims of domestic violence.
Last edited by Larkwoodgirl on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:32 pm

To prevent the defamation going to trial, Heard would surely have to admit the truth, apologize and pay Depp's costs.
Johnny does not have to accept her settlement attempts with anything less. He should have learnt from 2016 settlement that Amber won't keep to an agreement if she thinks she can work around it and that a legalese statement will be open to misinterpretation.
Even if the lawyers on both sides can negotiate a settlement, I can't imagine what would be agreeable to Depp would be acceptable to Heard, and vice-versa.
I expect this to proceed to trial unless Heard's lawyers can find a legal reason for dismissal.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:49 pm

There is no way that AH will apologize or admit to anything. What other legal maneuvers can be done to try to get this dismissed? The judge has already called the defense team out for what they have told the media. With that being said the media is not picking up on this and reporting it, still siding with AH and Co.,. The defense is running out of options, with all of this new info coming to light.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:54 am

Chocolat wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:44 pm
ForeverYoung wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:57 pm
Let's not also forget she has another sister.
Gee, I never knew about another sister, other than Whitney. I googled to learn about her but found no information. Can you provide any details, ForeverYoung? Thanks in advance.
IDK but I did a search and her immediate relatives are David, Paige, Whitney, "Kandy" and Tasya. There was a woman who was identified as her other sister when she was out with her crew when she was filming Magic Mike XXL. I really doubt Johnny wasn't in contact with her sisters either and these two could be smoking guns in more evidence.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:14 am

:thanks!: ForeverYoung!
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:31 am

This is very hard for Johnny to relive, but I have faith in him being stubborn (in a very good way) and tough, when it comes to doing the right thing :love:
I just hope his kiddies can handle it, too ...

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:50 pm

For all those who believe a “settlement” or an agreed upon “dismissal” of the lawsuit, accompanied by a meticulously crafted statement in which AH admits all wrongdoing, and everything we could imagine, would go the distance in exonerating Johnny of all allegations, repair his reputation, and restore his career, PLEASE read the following in connection to the infamous joint statement issued with the divorce decree:

">

Short of an outright judicial dismissal of the case, Heard and Kaplan would love nothing more than a statement of some sort to “clarify” into perpetuity.

Thank you to Lbock.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Larkwoodgirl

Unread post by Larkwoodgirl » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:19 pm

justintime wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:50 pm
For all those who believe a “settlement” or an agreed upon “dismissal” of the lawsuit, accompanied by a meticulously crafted statement in which AH admits all wrongdoing, and everything we could imagine, would go the distance in exonerating Johnny of all allegations, repair his reputation, and restore his career, PLEASE read the following in connection to the infamous joint statement issued with the divorce decree:
[...]
Short of an outright judicial dismissal of the case, Heard and Kaplan would love nothing more than a statement of some sort to “clarify” into perpetuity.

Thank you to Lbock.
I was not implying that Johnny would or should settle. I don't think he should. However, I did list the minimum clearly worded conditions that I think would have to be met if any type of settlement were to occur.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:13 pm

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:17 pm

I don’t know how Stephen can get that all together so quick. Even if he was served 12/20 with the holidays...well that’s allot. If Kaplan believes Heard, Stephens texts etc are most important. Johnnys number one trusted Man of everything in his life
Last edited by Lbock on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:26 pm

If you read the new subpoena, to Stephen, it is effective from November of 19' to present. He's already turned over everything else, and Kaplan came up with a zero. That is one of the reasons that Heards' Camp does not want the expert witness to testify as they will show that the text messages supposedly from Steven phone, are not.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:42 pm

Granna wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:26 pm
If you read the new subpoena, to Stephen, it is effective from November of 19' to present. He's already turned over everything else, and Kaplan came up with a zero. That is one of the reasons that Heards' Camp does not want the expert witness to testify as they will show that the text messages supposedly from Steven phone, are not.
Wasn’t Stephen in Paris with Johnny when he was supposed to do his original depo. I think this is a reschedule. And, oh by the way, in addition to what we asked in the November serving, we want all this too. ???

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 pm

Yes, he was in Paris. However, it was quickly rescheduled. I remember reading, that JD has asked everyone and everyone, associated with him, to comply without hesitation, of any subpoenas issued by the other side.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:31 am

LA Court site finally updated. The AH vs TMG hearing has been officially continued to Feb 28. The site still doesn’t say the 12/12 hearing was “held”.

There must have been some discussion to continue it past the original trial date. I was thinking the judge was made aware of the pending demurrer and the trial date had already been changed. No point wasting court time and rule on a case that may get dismissed.

In fact, looking back on the LA court site, Johnny’s team filed their statement and opposition on 11/27. With the time change east to west, that statement could have notified the judge of new trial date and demurrer, of course.