The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Jackslady wrote:Prior to Amber Johnny had been in other long term relationships and there had never been any suggestion that he was anything other than a loving and respectful partner. Yes, he was always something of a wild child and was open about enjoying a drink and other things but there’s a huge leap between that and abusing a woman. Amber has a lot to answer for and I fully support him in taking out a lawsuit against her.Her accusations are so serious they are for certain affecting his career and of course his reputation and he has every right to defend himself. That he is prepared to take this action seems to indicate that he has solid evidence against her that will stand up in court - it makes no sense for him to proceed without it.
Johnny has not filed a lawsuit against “her”. That would be violating the NDA. He had to wait a long time for one of those vile tabloids to actually label him a wifebeater in print, but the SUN finally did. Perhaps he needed to wait also to get emotionally stronger himself to where he felt he could really see himself following a suit like this through an actual trial if need be. Hence, I believe, the defamation/libel (I know there is a somewhat subtle difference) suit that has opened the door for Johnny. In the process of taking the SUN to task, he is fully within his rights to submit whatever evidence he may have that can demonstrate he may not have been the abusive partner in their relationship and thereby suggest his innocence all along.

I don’t think AH did admit she punched Johnny - the reference is to the Latin legal phrase that says Johnny agrees an incident occurred that evening after her party, BUT not the way she may have told it. The rest is his side of how that interaction played out.

Just my opinions from what I’ve read and sort of pieced together. As usual, social media and the horrid tabloids are cutting corners in what they say/write and now we have another circus.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Thank you Justintime - I don't want to embarrass myself getting it wrong - it somehow didn't feel quite right. And I like sticking to the facts about this.

Jackslady

Unread post by Jackslady » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:40 pm

justintime wrote:
Jackslady wrote:Prior to Amber Johnny had been in other long term relationships and there had never been any suggestion that he was anything other than a loving and respectful partner. Yes, he was always something of a wild child and was open about enjoying a drink and other things but there’s a huge leap between that and abusing a woman. Amber has a lot to answer for and I fully support him in taking out a lawsuit against her.Her accusations are so serious they are for certain affecting his career and of course his reputation and he has every right to defend himself. That he is prepared to take this action seems to indicate that he has solid evidence against her that will stand up in court - it makes no sense for him to proceed without it.
Johnny has not filed a lawsuit against “her”. That would be violating the NDA. He had to wait a long time for one of those vile tabloids to actually label him a wifebeater in print, but the SUN finally did. Perhaps he needed to wait also to get emotionally stronger himself to where he felt he could really see himself following a suit like this through an actual trial if need be. Hence, I believe, the defamation/libel (I know there is a somewhat subtle difference) suit that has opened the door for Johnny. In the process of taking the SUN to task, he is fully within his rights to submit whatever evidence he may have that can demonstrate he may not have been the abusive partner in their relationship and thereby suggest his innocence all along.

I don’t think AH did admit she punched Johnny - the reference is to the Latin legal phrase that says Johnny agrees an incident occurred that evening after her party, BUT not the way she may have told it. The rest is his side of how that interaction played out.

Just my opinions from what I’ve read and sort of pieced together. As usual, social media and the horrid tabloids are cutting corners in what they say/write and now we have another circus.
Thanks justintime, I posted incorrectly. I apologise to the Zone for inaccurate information.
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Well, Jackslady, I posted misleadingly, too, or at least should have elaborated: They can sue each other as long as they don’t try to revisit the complaints/terms of their final divorce decree. They both agreed to them, with prejudice - including that ridiculous, open to interpretation, “joint statement”. Done deal. But the evidence lists are another story. The information found there can be used to support or undermine a separate issue, which the SUN case is, barely.

And Ade: You know, are any of us privy to “the facts”? What are the facts? So very little is available, as it should be, but even that little bit has already been ripped out of context leading to blatant speculation and misinterpretation. So now we have three pools of info, some overlapping, for three legal matters (the divorce, TMG, and the SUN). Can you imagine how our heads will be spinning by the time the rest of the still pending issues make it to settlement or court and all THOSE bits and pieces start fluttering into our “thought space”?

Maybe the best thing we can do at this point is just show support in small ways. You know, take a corner of a page out of Johnny’s “How To Be Brave” manifesto. Johnny has always been so genuinely touched by fan support. I have no suggestions, but I think I will just do some gardening this weekend while wearing my new Lumos T-shirt, due to arrive on Saturday! Maybe some neighbors will ask me about it and I can enlighten them about this wonderful, courageous, kindhearted fella I’ve been reading about lately. Not too sure the “s—-t” will be appreciated but at 68+ I’m granted a little leeway here and there. Guess that won’t do much to boost Johnny’s spirits, but it will make me happy. I’ve said it before, I truly don’t know how this man is still standing . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

humiliatedgrape

Unread post by humiliatedgrape » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm happy to say he's been getting overwhelming support on social media. For a while yesterday on Twitter, #johnnydeppisinnocent was the #1 trending hashtag.
I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.

5/7/2011☆6/22/2013

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:49 pm

Yay :truefan:

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:54 pm

:lovehearts: I love it :flashingheart: , so proud for all deppheads !!!! :worldhug:

Cesar'sSusie

Unread post by Cesar'sSusie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks to everyone with the updated information on the lawsuit situation. All I can do for Johnny is to continue to support him and his exciting work. From all I have read about him through the years, 1988-now, I still find him an honest, hard working, generous, considerate, and loving individual who deserves the benefit of the doubt for all this heresay, and accusations from people who are out to get him. People can be 'small' minded and jealous and don't want others to succeed. My blessings to All who seek the truth and care about others. :namaste: :angel:
"He's that and a whole lot more," said his driver. "He's a wonderful guy. I'll tell
you firsthand, he's a great man."
. . .and the Golden Globe goes to . . .
Johnny DEPP, for Sweeney Todd-The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:07 am

Justintime you are so right about facts - but there is one fact no even she can dispute. She pleaded guilty in a court of law to domestic violence.

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Ade wrote:...one fact no even she can dispute. She pleaded guilty in a court of law to domestic violence.
:thankyou: Ade!

Not to mention in Nov 2011 she requested Washington police erase the record of Amber. Van Ree's 2009 arrest for domestic violence against Tasya Van Ree. The Depp-Paradis split was published in People Jan 2012.

And pleaded guilty in April 2016 to lying to immigration re the dogs in Australia. (WHEW! Lucky break for her that she waited for Johnny's Mom to die almost simultaneously with the Alice 2 premiere in May 2016 to file for divorce since he no doubt footed the bills for the high- priced attorneys to get her out of a 10- yr prison sentence.)

And has a 2003 mugshot for an arrest in Austin, TX.

And has sealed court records in TX with drivers license suspension as a juvenile in TX.

Not that he should care, but I don't like everything Johnny says or does, although selfishly I wish he'd do whatever he can to stick around as long as possible to continue to brighten my life. He never asked anyone to admire him or put him on a pedestal. He came to LA to become a rockstar and fell into acting to pay. the bills. I'm sure it never dawned on him that he'd have a 30- yr career, with 3 Oscar noms. a SAG win and be known worldwide. He could have gotten many roles for a while just based on looks, but he worked hard with the help of talented directors and classes/ books.

Through all this and of course knowledge gained from traveling the world and learning that the acting industry is shady, he's remained pretty much the same rock- loving, guitar- playing hippy who likes to have fun and hangs out with the musicians. He's definitely achieved more than I ever will, has survived and risen above the Hollywood machine for 30 years, and is exhibiting tremendous strength and courage through the ongoing, painful SCAMber nightmare. Many have offed themselves over less. Glad to see the support for him and hope things continue to get better for him and his loved ones.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:03 pm

There has been a long period of time between the filming of Aquaman and the upcoming release. AH has been forgotton. She needs attention and this is her way of getting it.

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:58 pm

And there is still the LF lawsuit, where she tried to drag Johnny in as a coulpable. (I hope I did get that sentence right.)

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:15 pm

Since London Fields is supposed to be releasing soon, would that mean they settled the lawsuit( s)? :perplexed3: Her performance received dreadful reviews from the handful of critics who saw the original cut at TIFF a couple years ago.

If the trailer I very reluctantly watched before Mission Impossible 6 is an accurate representation of her performance in Aquaman, I don't expect positive reviews for Queen Mera's monotone, expressionless, amateur acting. Dullsville.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:18 pm

In light of the recent lawsuit and information regarding Amber Heard's domestic abuse toward Johnny, there's been outright repercussions she's experiencing. The backlash from comments on her Instagram affected her current L'Oreal mention pic, "advertising" L'Oreal's new makeup line, Les Chocolats. Inconsistent with Instagram's practice, all of the comments were wiped clean on the L'Oreal mention pic with no click button for any additional comments. It's only speculation on my part, but my guess is that it didn't sit well with her new affiliation with L'Oreal execs when they learned Depp fans are using social media to boycott their products if they continue to use Amber Heard as a spokes person.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Judymac wrote:There has been a long period of time between the filming of Aquaman and the upcoming release. AH has been forgotton. She needs attention and this is her way of getting it.
She was at Comic Con with the rest of the Aquaman cast.
The Aquaman panel was held shortly after the FB panel with Johnny.