Johnny in Star Wars X?

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Ruby Begonia

Johnny in Star Wars X?

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:07 pm

Remember this article from 1 month ago?

How Captain Jack Sparrow character was a key in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening at Disneyland in just a few days and we couldn’t be more excited! As we eagerly wait for this new land to premiere at the world-famous Disney Park, we can’t help but wonder about the inter-workings of the new land and some of the inspiration Disney drew from in their design. And according to a new report, it seems Disney tested one part of this new land several years ago with the help of Captain Jack Sparrow from Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean.”

When trying to achieve a new level of immersion, where guests can interact with rebel spies and bounty hunters, Disney wanted to find a way to present meet-and-greet characters in the park without having them wait in a line. In an attempt to test their theory, Walt Disney Imagineering decided to have Jack Sparrow walk around Magic Kingdom and interact with guests.
That may have been laying the groundwork for this youtube video, which claims Disney is trying to recruit Johnny Depp for a minor or major role in the 4th Star Wars trilogy, starting with the 10th film (currently referred to as "Star Wars X").

I don't know where the video guy got his information, as I didn't find a news piece about it. I guess we can consider it a rumor or one of those leaks designed to gauge fan reaction. He does go on and on about JD's use of makeup, however, while showing pictures of his characters without heavy makeup :perplexed3:

I can see him as a bounty hunter character along the lines of Han Solo when we first met him, who to me is reminiscent of Agent Sands. Sands took a taxi and his sidekick was the boy in the yellow shirt, while Solo drove a taxi with Chewbaca as his sidekick.

I'm for it if Johnny wants it and the part is good. It will be a lot of work for me to get up to speed on the Star Wars saga, since I lost interest in Star Wars after III (Empire Strikes Back). These superstars should really be more considerate :lol:
Last edited by Ruby Begonia on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ade3

Johnny in Star Wars X?

Unread post by Ade3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 pm

Please don't do this to me. I could barely take Johnny being in the Harry Potter world. I cannot function in normal life if he is in Star Wars.

justintime

Johnny in Star Wars X?

Unread post by justintime » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:01 pm

Ruby Begonia wrote: I can see him as a bounty hunter character along the lines of Han Solo when we first met him, who to me is reminiscent of Agent Sands. Sands took a taxi and his sidekick was the boy in the yellow shirt, while Solo drove a taxi with Chewbaca as his sidekick.

I'm for it if Johnny wants it and the part is good. It will be a lot of work for me to get up to speed on the Star Wars saga, since I lost interest in Star Wars after III (Empire Strikes Back). These superstars should really be more considerate :lol:
I do remember reading some rather convoluted bit about Johnny and a minor/major Star Wars X role (I, too, lost interest after the original trilogy), but it seemed to be nothing more than what you’ve suggested here: a CYA fishing expedition on Disney’s part before doing what would amount to an admission they’d made a huge, mea culpa-deserving-gaff in “dumping” JD (as the media has rudely and often referenced the move) from Pirates. I like the bounty hunter scenario - the kind of minimum-makeup role Johnny could easily make as low key or scene stealing (shhhh) as he’d want . . .

Can’t even imagine what would go into Johnny’s decision-making process on this one if a proposal does actually materialize from Disney. After being treated to The Professor , whatever Johnny has a good vibe for at this point in his career, I’m there, along with millions of others I’m sure :heart2:
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

hollyberry

Johnny in Star Wars X?

Unread post by hollyberry » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Huge Star Wars fan. Huge Johnny fan.

Maybe it's just a dream.....
But it's a good one! :applause:

RamblinRebel

Johnny in Star Wars X?

Unread post by RamblinRebel » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Ever since Disney bought the rights to Star Wars I've wanted nothing more than for Han Solo and Captain Jack to share a drink in the Mos Eisley Cantina. Of course they'd need to incorporate some time travel to make it happen, but can't you just imagine the banter between everyone's favorite pirate and the original space pirate? The two characters really are so similar, they'd either be instant best friends or start one heck of a bar fight. Or both. :harhar: And to see Captain Jack's reaction to all those space creatures? It'd be priceless.

meeps

Johnny in Star Wars X?

Unread post by meeps » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 am

Yes please :yahoo: I want to see that, too :biglaugh: