Johnny Depp Signs With Global Artist Management

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 pm

MUSIC

10:34 AM PDT 6/12/2019 by Rebecca Sun
The Hollywood Reporter

CAA will continue to represent him in film.

Johnny Depp has signed with Global Artist Management, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. GAM's Paul Geary and Steve Wood will manage all aspects of Depp's career except for film, which continues to be represented by CAA.

Geary and Wood launched GAM last year, and its roster includes rockers including Godsmack, Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry and Hoobastank. Depp, Perry and Alice Cooper's supergroup Hollywood Vampires is co-managed by GAM and Shep Gordon.

Hollywood Vampires will make its television debut on June 19, performing their new single "Heroes" (featuring Depp on lead vocals) on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! in advance of the June 21 release of the band's second album, Rise. Hollywood Vampires recently performed at Wembley Arena in London as well as a seven-city North American tour, including a sell-out show at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.

As an actor, Depp has been nominated for three Oscars and 10 Golden Globes, winning one of the latter for his lead performance in 2007's Sweeney Todd.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Johnny Depp Inks With Global Artist Management, CAA To Still Rep Actor On Film Side

By Anthony D'Alessandro
Editorial Director/Box Office Editor
Deadline.com

EXCLUSIVE: Deadline has learned that Johnny Depp has joined the roster at Global Artist Management.

Veteran artist manager Paul Geary, along with business partner Steve Wood, will handle all avenues of Depp’s career outside of film, which is currently handled by CAA.

GAM’s other clients include multi-platinum rockers Godsmack, legendary Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry, 3x Grammy nominated Hoobastank, and rock super group Hollywood Vampires (co-managed by Shep Gordon) which features Johnny Depp, Joe Perry and Alice Cooper.

Hollywood Vampires is releasing their second album Rise on June 21st which features Depp on lead vocals on the recently released single “Heroes”, a cover the David Bowie track. The band recently completed a triumphant seven-city North American tour which included a sell-out show at the famous Greek Theatre in Los Angeles and were voted “best performance” of 2018 at London’s Wembley Arena. Depp is embarking on a PR tour with the Hollywood Vampires and will be performing “Heroes” with the band on Jimmy Kimmel Live on June 19.

Depp signed with CAA in October 2016 after a three decade run at UTA.

Depp counts $10.7 billion at the global box office, fueled by such franchises as Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean, and most recently the Harry Potter prequel Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Depp was nominated for three Best Actor Oscars for Sweeney Todd, Finding Neverland and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Depp has directed several shorts, music videos and features, including 1997’s The Brave which made its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival. He is the star and producer of the upcoming Infinitum Nihil/Metalworks movie Minamata about War photographer W. Eugene Smith who travels back to Japan where he documents the devastating effect of mercury poisoning in coastal communities.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Very interesting.

Thanks for posting, Joni!

Sweeney Todd

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:36 pm

So exciting! Congratulations, Johnny. :applause:
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:40 pm

:bounce: :bounce:
Thanks Joni
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:56 am

I see recently that GAM have been announcing that Johnny will have an official Instagram account in the near future, after the excited reaction by fans and being pushed they're now saying they 'hope' it will happen this year. I'm not sure if this is GAM pushing Johnny to open one or Johnny's idea, we all know his aversion to social media.
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:51 am

In-too-Depp wrote:I see recently that GAM have been announcing that Johnny will have an official Instagram account in the near future, after the excited reaction by fans and being pushed they're now saying they 'hope' it will happen this year. I'm not sure if this is GAM pushing Johnny to open one or Johnny's idea, we all know his aversion to social media.

I saw that report over the weekend. Wish people wouldn't jump the gun with their "iffy" reports.
I, for one, also hope that Johnny remains invisible.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:04 am

Chocolat wrote:
In-too-Depp wrote:I see recently that GAM have been announcing that Johnny will have an official Instagram account in the near future, after the excited reaction by fans and being pushed they're now saying they 'hope' it will happen this year. I'm not sure if this is GAM pushing Johnny to open one or Johnny's idea, we all know his aversion to social media.

I saw that report over the weekend. Wish people wouldn't jump the gun with their "iffy" reports.
I, for one, also hope that Johnny remains invisible.
I, also, read comments about Johnny, GAM, and the Instagram fiasco (I read a lot on Twitter but don’t have any social media accounts). Couldn’t believe what I was reading - not the signing with GAM, but what appears to be GAM immediately taking that signing as authorization to almost immediately make some very fundamental changes in Johnny’s public persona interaction.

IMAO, the social media arena is a no-holds-barred cesspool that Johnny has wisely managed to steer clear of all these years. He is a man of many talents and endeavors. There would inevitably be social commentary spillover from his acting, producing, art, etc. projects and who would then run interference? A nightmare in the making. I hope GAM gets to know their new multi-faceted client a lot better before throwing him to the wolves.

I agree with you, Chocolat. I, too, hope Johnny can, if not “remain” invisible, perhaps recover some of what's helped him survive all these years given the astounding levels of recognition he has garnered world wide.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:13 pm

I don't think this is Johnny's idea. This Instagram account will probably be maintained by someone from Global Artist Management. It is an official account because he is their client and they are speaking on his behalf. He has said that he dislikes social media. I am thinking this will be public relations pictures and behind the scenes pictures. They will post the same kind of pictures that we are already seeing but they will do it from an Instagram account. I doubt if they are going to post anything too personal.