Rolling Stone Interview, June 21

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
meeps

Unread post by meeps » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Joni wrote:Thanks for finding this article justintime! :thanks!:

Yes, thank you ever so very much :airkiss2: I love it :cloud9:

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Finnish women are strong like this journalist. And they know a lot of abuse. I suppose she recognised AH as what she really was.
I love it.
In a German tabloid they also have written about some of Johnnys answers as sarcastic.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Joni wrote:Thanks for finding this article justintime! :thanks!:
The thanks come from me, Joni, for taking the time to post the whole piece. I never get beyond the link - and even that I mess up several times before pushing “submit”.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Cesar'sSusie

Unread post by Cesar'sSusie » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm not familiar with 'Sebby' , but I love her :bounce: ! Everything she said, I pretty much agree with! She knows 'our' dude :truefan: !. Thanks, again justintime, great find! My heart goes out to Johnny and his kids having to go through this :grr: . I'm sending out love vibes to All and many blessings for a perfect outcome to this whole mess. :angel:
"He's that and a whole lot more," said his driver. "He's a wonderful guy. I'll tell
you firsthand, he's a great man."
. . .and the Golden Globe goes to . . .
Johnny DEPP, for Sweeney Todd-The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:23 pm

:thankyou: justintime for sharing this article with us. An excellent read.
I was especially moved by the paragraph on HONESTY.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Q

Unread post by Q » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:50 am

Nice to see an article sticking up for him and pointing out the misconceptions of the RS writer. One thing bothers me, though, and that is her references to his sister Christi. In her defense, isn't it possible that JD himself may have actually told her "my money is your money", after all the years she worked with him, long before the blockbusters came? And I think she's earned any perks she has gotten due to the fact that she has dedicated her career years to being that someone he could trust, reading scripts, arranging meetings, taking care of details, etc..., helping him survive in a crazy, stressful business. The other siblings, however, seem to be just playing the family "card", living easy and financially secure without having to put in the work that Christi has done. The lawyers and accountants and management firm, on the other hand, are notorious for doing this stuff to people.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:28 am

QUOTE: Also, he has an unwise ideal of trusting people against his own better judgment. He believes, it is prejudice and a sign of his bad character, to doubt someone without a reasonable cause, based on nothing but a “bad feeling”.

Yeah, and him being a sweetie like that helped AH no end :tear:

I agree with you about Christie, Q.
And I also see Johnny as this very generous person, so when he has money his friends and family have too. So he might at one point have said to his whole family something like "My money is your money" - then it is of course up to those friends and that family not to take advantage of him. But no all can handle controlling themselves and avoid that in such a situation, I'm afraid.

denise

Unread post by denise » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:10 am

Everything I'm reading about Johnny imitates RS. Poor Johnny. :grouphug:
denise

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:47 pm

"I have such a love affair with his brain." Love that sentence, it completely and utterly describes me. Ah, Deppheads united.

I think I do get frustrated by longish steady Johnny folks who throw down the gauntlet and state --this is it, I am gone-- when some article comes out that describes him in the worst of terms. He's through and through himself the same man, the same mumbler, off-topic conversationalist, paralyzed in public and shy unto wordlessness guy that he has always been. Rough, up the holler childhood, fascinated by things that some of us might back off from -- big bugs, Hunter Thompson's cannon, tracking along a scaffold outside a window. Is it all healthy? That question is probably besides the point.

Anyway, that was a superb little article and I thank the author.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:07 am

Depphead forever , in bad and good times !!! :worldhug:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:45 pm

fireflydances wrote:"I have such a love affair with his brain." Love that sentence, it completely and utterly describes me. Ah, Deppheads united.

I think I do get frustrated by longish steady Johnny folks who throw down the gauntlet and state --this is it, I am gone-- when some article comes out that describes him in the worst of terms. He's through and through himself the same man, the same mumbler, off-topic conversationalist, paralyzed in public and shy unto wordlessness guy that he has always been. Rough, up the holler childhood, fascinated by things that some of us might back off from -- big bugs, Hunter Thompson's cannon, tracking along a scaffold outside a window. Is it all healthy? That question is probably besides the point.

Anyway, that was a superb little article and I thank the author.
I love what you’ve written here, fireflydances, and have to say I’ve felt that same frustration - and sadness - several times recently. I don’t have any social media accounts and am not currently registered on other Johnny sites, but I do read what some places, blogs, etc., leave open for visitor perusal. That is enough. I’m not pie-in-the-sky delusional. I’ve been reading about, and been free to draw conclusions about, this enigmatic man for decades. Abandon Johnny now? Why? Can't imagine anything pushing me over that cliff.
My only hope for him is that he can continue to get, and then stay, happy and healthy in body and spirit, and that he can maintain the personal support and muster the sterling legal resources (not too comfortable with what we’ve been privy to thus far) necessary to vanquish - with no doubt left - the very real vultures swarming overhead. Johnny has been very strong, for a very long time. Not without consequence; certainly not the time for me to cut and run. . .
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Thank you for finding something in what I wrote that fits you, too. Yeah, he is complicated man and has always been such. I can't imagine turning my back on him. Ever.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:00 pm

How could he be such a wonderful actor if he would be just a plain boring character? He is complicated and shy and loves to help and as Helena Bonham Carter once said he has no idea of him beeing so beautiful. And we love him for what he is. :heartflower:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:29 pm

reindeermoon wrote:How could he be such a wonderful actor if he would be just a plain boring character? He is complicated and shy and loves to help and as Helena Bonham Carter once said he has no idea of him beeing so beautiful. And we love him for what he is. :heartflower:
I 100 percent agree - how can anyone think that the guy who created all of these wonderful, eccentric, different characters, be some normal guy who works 9 to 5 and goes home to a TV dinner and a box set. Come on! Of course he's weird. Of course his mind doesn't think like a 'normal person'. Of course he has extremes and vices. My favourite comment from the whole Rolling Stone thing was a colleague of mine saying "wow - Johnny Depp smokes pot and is a bit weird. Who knew?"

Ediecolt88

Unread post by Ediecolt88 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 am

The smear campaign against Johnny Depp by TMG is deplorable. The Management Group aka TMG aka The Mendel Company may have even more names.
It appears they are con artists that are playing dumb while they swindle away the property that others have earned.
It's outlandish for TMG to not do their job and then blame Johnny Depp. Johnny paid them to do something he didn't want to, or couldn't, do. They didn't do it. They are guilty.
The IRS, the SEC, and the Dept of Justice were probing TMG. Hopefully they still are.
The Lionheart business in Michigan should be sifted through as well as anybody connected with it. TMG likely invested Johnny's money wisely but for themselves rather than him, and now they're probably hiding it.
They belong in jail. They're so unprofessional I'd be surprised if any of their credentials are even real.