Johnny's among The Top-Grossing Actors Of 2017

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Sweeney Todd

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:12 pm

:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:26 am

Yay :applause2: :loveshower: :applause: :cloud9: :yahoo:

marija

Unread post by marija » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:47 am

:yes2: ... and there is more to come :agree:
...it's not easy, to be different..."

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:11 pm

This could be a little misleading.
True, the movies did well...but how much Johnny actually made or will make from residuals depends on his contracts. And I'm not sure if any media source has the details on contracts and payouts.

However, the fact that his movies did well should make all the lawyers and other interested parties happy. The more he makes, the more he can afford his legal/financial battles and the more the others may sue him for. :soapbox:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:32 pm

This is a great statistic - studios care about box office and this is really good news. And in a year of just relentless negativity from the press as well, what we should take from this is just how much he is still loved. He remains a global super star. And add onto this what he is doing for Dior sales .........

Sweeney Todd

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Ade wrote:This is a great statistic - studios care about box office and this is really good news. And in a year of just relentless negativity from the press as well, what we should take from this is just how much he is still loved. He remains a global super star. And add onto this what he is doing for Dior sales .........
It's even more impressive when you take into consideration the fact both movies didn't receive "fresh" scores on Rotten Tomatoes.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

CryBaby

Unread post by CryBaby » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Good for him! He is so cool, the way he takes his own advice, "Just keep moving forward" etc, etc. It can't be easy for him to rise above the fray, but he does it. He stays focused on his work and it pays off. Even if the films had not done as well he would still have shown that his professionalism and integrity are intact. He remains a great artist and a great person. I predict he will continue to have a very interesting career path, and I hope for a long, long time. It is so much fun loving him and being part of his fandom! :rose: :loveshower:

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:00 am

:thankyou: CryBaby !!! Oh .... you said it so well and I agree with you ! :hug2: :smiliewithhearts:

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Sorry. I know it's 2018 but wasn't sure where to add this and hope it's okay to add the link to some happy news from a recent reddit box office article I came across.

To summarize, Johnny is #3 on their list of Top 20 Lead Actors with $9,640,184,918 worldwide box office from 49 films. Many, like Chris Pratt and the Harry Potter threesome , are on here based on a few films ftom franchises that were box office monsters. Pirates aside (Bloom & Barbossa aren't on the list after all), I'd say Johnny matches up with Tom Hanks, who's a little lower down on this list with approx same # of films made and overall avg box office at $196 million per film. :popcorn: :pirategunshot:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks for that link, Ruby Begonia. Interesting list. Wonder what projects warranted inclusion in the 49?

A brief digression: Amazing how Robert Downey Jr. has so completely turned his life around - I admire him a lot. And then I think of Johnny, standing alone on that ComicCon stage, at this precarious juncture in his life, and “admire” just doesn’t come close anymore . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot