The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 1660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 am

I think Bruce knows exactly why Johnny left him. And I think it relates to a deposition for TMG lawsuit timing wise. I think Bruce is retaliating in this deposition. He also threw out Joe Perry’s name without need which makes me think there is jealousy there.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 20, 2022 10:27 am

Yesterday, the ex's own agent said in her video that anyone who is accused of abuse is not welcome on a movie set. At that moment, she had just supported JD's claim.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 20, 2022 10:31 am

Judymac wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:04 am
The purpose of rebuttal is not to retry the case, it is to contradict the witnesses who might have damaged Johnny's case. They are not going to bring in a lot of witnesses and go off in a lot of different directions. Rebuttal is supposed to be short and focused. They have plenty of time for rebuttal.

Yesterday's testimony was very boring, I felt sorry for the jurors.


I thought Bruce Witkin's testimony was rather sad. He and Johnny had been friends for many decades. Bruce said he did not know why their friendship had ended, but he thought it was because of his deposition in the UK trial. He gave testimony about Johnny's drug use. Johnny felt that his long time friend stabbed him in the back.

Amber's side called Adam Waldman and they got nothing out him. Elaine looked foolish. She kept asking the same questions. She should have known after the first few questions that he was not going to answer the questions. When a lawyer goes up against another lawyer it is a battle of egos and brains. Adam clearly won. Don't know if anyone noticed that Adam was asked about having contact with people on social media. He mentioned The Real Laura B. :applause2:

The witness who discussed the negative tweets did not help AH and IMO, might have hurt her. Every time he mentioned the words, hoax and fraud, he brought those two concepts into the jurors' minds.

The Disney exec, had nothing. She did not even crack a smile over the question about the money and alpaca's. She did take a sip of water, so maybe she was trying not to laugh. I am sure she was told to be serious, but she came across boring. The jurors might have thought that she was wasting the court's time.
Yesterday the judge said that her side has approx 8 hours left to use but JD's has approx. 18. That's a big difference and her team wasted a lot of time.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

justintime
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Fri May 20, 2022 1:08 pm

Lbock wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 am
I think Bruce knows exactly why Johnny left him. And I think it relates to a deposition for TMG lawsuit timing wise. I think Bruce is retaliating in this deposition. He also threw out Joe Perry’s name without need which makes me think there is jealousy there.
There was mention yesterday afternoon (on one of the two streaming legal sites I’ve been accessing to follow the proceedings) of an unauthorized $4 million loan to Bruce that came out during the vile TMG mess. I also found Bruce’s Joe Perry toss-out sad.

I wouldn’t normally even mention something with such seemingly flimsy reference, but I am so :censored: tired of Johnny being portrayed as a nutcase for having a perfectly human reaction to being taken advantage of. He has been generous light years beyond any existing documentation to the extent he is vulnerable to casual throwaway comments, like Defense entered just a few days ago during the Court proceedings where his relationship with CHOLA was deemed “nonexistent” before AH’s coming on the scene :mad:! Sorry, but this wasn’t the first time EB and AH had done this with CHOLA & JD.

Anyway, I also wanted to comment on the psychiatrist, Dr. Alan Blaustein, also on the depo list yesterday. I don’t know the man from Adam but I have to say I could not dismiss the overall sense of compassion, concern, and genuine care with which he chose to respond to the questions about Johnny. Most importantly, he seemed to have legitimately earned Johnny’s trust. The record, alone, of the number of sessions Johnny attended - all on his own - and the ongoing issues addressed, now woven by the years into the fabric of Johnny’s very being (none diagnosed as “disorders”) seemed to indicate a commitment and ability on Johnny’s part to make it work. I hope with all my heart Johnny can, at long last, deem himself - Johnny Depp - worth the effort.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 20, 2022 1:40 pm

justintime wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:08 pm
Lbock wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 am
I think Bruce knows exactly why Johnny left him. And I think it relates to a deposition for TMG lawsuit timing wise. I think Bruce is retaliating in this deposition. He also threw out Joe Perry’s name without need which makes me think there is jealousy there.
There was mention yesterday afternoon (on one of the two streaming legal sites I’ve been accessing to follow the proceedings) of an unauthorized $4 million loan to Bruce that came out during the vile TMG mess. I also found Bruce’s Joe Perry toss-out sad.

I wouldn’t normally even mention something with such seemingly flimsy reference, but I am so :censored: tired of Johnny being portrayed as a nutcase for having a perfectly human reaction to being taken advantage of. He has been generous light years beyond any existing documentation to the extent he is vulnerable to casual throwaway comments, like Defense entered just a few days ago during the Court proceedings where his relationship with CHOLA was deemed “nonexistent” before AH’s coming on the scene :mad:! Sorry, but this wasn’t the first time EB and AH had done this with CHOLA & JD.

Anyway, I also wanted to comment on the psychiatrist, Dr. Alan Blaustein, also on the depo list yesterday. I don’t know the man from Adam but I have to say I could not dismiss the overall sense of compassion, concern, and genuine care with which he chose to respond to the questions about Johnny. Most importantly, he seemed to have legitimately earned Johnny’s trust. The record, alone, of the number of sessions Johnny attended - all on his own - and the ongoing issues addressed, now woven by the years into the fabric of Johnny’s very being (none diagnosed as “disorders”) seemed to indicate a commitment and ability on Johnny’s part to make it work. I hope with all my heart Johnny can, at long last, deem himself - Johnny Depp - worth the effort.
The way Bruce described meeting Alan seemed to me like Johnny's meeting with Bruce was intended for Alan to show up, whether Bruce knew it or not, and for Alan to find out what kind of dirt Bruce would be able to tell them but Bruce didn't tell him anything. The truth is that we may never know what happened between them and it's sad, because they were friends for a long time.

The live stream channel I watch has different lawyer guests many times and yesterday nobody on the show was impressed with her team. The lawyers think they put her on too soon and with the break and all these boring video deps they did showed week there is a chance the jury will, for the most part, not remember too much of her testimony, even if they did take notes. Right now, the only person she has who says they actually said they witnessed anything is her sister, but their stories don't even match up.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Fri May 20, 2022 3:20 pm

Lbock wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:11 am
I think Bruce knows exactly why Johnny left him. And I think it relates to a deposition for TMG lawsuit timing wise. I think Bruce is retaliating in this deposition. He also threw out Joe Perry’s name without need which makes me think there is jealousy there.
I agree that there was jealousy involved. I also thought it was interesting that Bruce said that Johnny did drugs with Joe Perry. It is interesting because Joe Perry has been clean and sober since the 1980's. We don't know if Joe Perry "fell of the wagon" and did drugs with Johnny. But either way, commenting on Joe Perry's sobriety, was wrong. It made Bruce sound bitter and petty.

It seems that there have been many people in Johnny's life who take as much as they can from him but do not have any problem throwing Johnny under the bus. I put Bruce Witkin in with that group of people. My sadness was for Johnny, not for the loss of the friendship. I wonder how he can trust anybody.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Fri May 20, 2022 3:46 pm

I was thinking about Tracey Jacobs testimony. Tracey Jacobs said that she was getting complaints about Johnny being unprofessional on the set. She said that exec's were complaining to her that he was late all of the time. I was waiting for some horrible accusations. Nobody told Tracey Jacobs that Johnny came to the set drunk or high on drugs, or too hungover to work. The unprofessionalism was that he was chronically late. I am sure that AH's lawyers wanted the jurors to think it was from drinking or drugs, but they could not say that directly. We have all had chronically late coworkers. It is unprofessional and annoying, but I would certainly not jump to the conclusion that it was because of drinking and drugs. I have the feeling that the jurors were probably underwhelmed by that testimony, especially the juror who was late that day.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 20, 2022 4:57 pm

Judymac wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:46 pm
I was thinking about Tracey Jacobs testimony. Tracey Jacobs said that she was getting complaints about Johnny being unprofessional on the set. She said that exec's were complaining to her that he was late all of the time. I was waiting for some horrible accusations. Nobody told Tracey Jacobs that Johnny came to the set drunk or high on drugs, or too hungover to work. The unprofessionalism was that he was chronically late. I am sure that AH's lawyers wanted the jurors to think it was from drinking or drugs, but they could not say that directly. We have all had chronically late coworkers. It is unprofessional and annoying, but I would certainly not jump to the conclusion that it was because of drinking and drugs. I have the feeling that the jurors were probably underwhelmed by that testimony, especially the juror who was late that day.
I think the jurors were probably underwhelmed by a lot of the testimonies from her side. I was falling asleep watching some of them. I can only imagine how they felt having to do that all day.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Scout
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: New York City
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Scout » Fri May 20, 2022 6:44 pm

I too have to wonder how Johnny can ever truly trust another person again. I think he just assumed everyone had the same good and kind heart that he has.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Fri May 20, 2022 7:03 pm

Scout wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:44 pm
I too have to wonder how Johnny can ever truly trust another person again. I think he just assumed everyone had the same good and kind heart that he has.
It is heartbreaking the way people treated him.

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 1660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Fri May 20, 2022 7:29 pm

Bruce throwing out Joe was nasty. Also, saying he saw a bruise on Amber's arm, like he grabbed her. Was BS. The photo doesn't look like a grab mark. And anyone can get bruises. It is those little details he threw out to harm Johnny intentionally.

I read in documents, TMG wanted Johnny to walk away from the record label (Bruce's) because it wasn't making money. Just a money pit.

"Additionally, the dramatic inclusion of sister Christi Dembrowski, nephew William Rassel, personal assistant, Nathan Holmes, Unison Music and friends James Russo, Sal Jenco, and Bruce Witkin to the cross-complaint raises the stakes in what has been a fairly salacious situation ever since Depp first sued TMG in filed a $25 million lawsuit, back in January."

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 55232
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Fri May 20, 2022 7:41 pm

Judymac wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:46 pm
I was thinking about Tracey Jacobs testimony. Tracey Jacobs said that she was getting complaints about Johnny being unprofessional on the set. She said that exec's were complaining to her that he was late all of the time. I was waiting for some horrible accusations. Nobody told Tracey Jacobs that Johnny came to the set drunk or high on drugs, or too hungover to work. The unprofessionalism was that he was chronically late. I am sure that AH's lawyers wanted the jurors to think it was from drinking or drugs, but they could not say that directly. We have all had chronically late coworkers. It is unprofessional and annoying, but I would certainly not jump to the conclusion that it was because of drinking and drugs. I have the feeling that the jurors were probably underwhelmed by that testimony, especially the juror who was late that day.
I wonder how many of those "complaints" came during his relationship with AH? When she was up partying/arguing/drinking/drugging/fighting/cheating on him. She probably wasn't letting him sleep until he did pass out from exhaustion and then took all her pictures. It's possible she was keeping him in a drugged state to make him unreliable, knowing she could use that against him in time.

He was always known to be late on other projects but it never seemed to affect anything until she came along.

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 55232
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Fri May 20, 2022 7:47 pm

Lbock wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:29 pm
Bruce throwing out Joe was nasty. Also, saying he saw a bruise on Amber's arm, like he grabbed her. Was BS. The photo doesn't look like a grab mark. And anyone can get bruises. It is those little details he threw out to harm Johnny intentionally.

I read in documents, TMG wanted Johnny to walk away from the record label (Bruce's) because it wasn't making money. Just a money pit.

"Additionally, the dramatic inclusion of sister Christi Dembrowski, nephew William Rassel, personal assistant, Nathan Holmes, Unison Music and friends James Russo, Sal Jenco, and Bruce Witkin to the cross-complaint raises the stakes in what has been a fairly salacious situation ever since Depp first sued TMG in filed a $25 million lawsuit, back in January."
I, too, wondered what happened between Johnny and Bruce. Suzanne used to take dozens of pics while they both performed with the HVs and other concerts. Plus Bruce helped Johnny record his audition for Sweeney Todd.

Bruce and Suzanne were very anti-AH in the beginning and strongly defended Johnny against her claims. They were also mentioned in AH's "25 named and others to be named" lawsuit when everyone called her a gold digger.

TMG really did a huge smear campaign on Johnny, mentioning friends and family, that he supported for years. I think that caused most of the problems with Tracy, Bruce, and others. It's possible they were all abusing his accounts, but I'm sure we know who abused it the most.

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 55232
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Fri May 20, 2022 8:03 pm


User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 20, 2022 10:12 pm

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."