The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 pm

As bad and humiliating as it is for any man to find himself trapped in such a horrific situation, I can’t even begin to imagine the level of torment, confusion, and isolation abused male celebrities - especially those gentle souls such as Johnny who have garnered all sorts of unsolicited labels and awards, worldwide, some based solely on their physical appearance - must endure. And in Johnny’s case, being so incredibly and justifiably worried about his children as well, not to mention other supportive loved ones and friends who may have been snared in the “threatened” net.

On and on we can go, years of this hideous existence, of which we have been privy to only the tip of the iceberg. He has lost some of the best years of his life. Now, the justice systems on both sides of the pond - in which Johnny has placed enormous trust - must rise to the occasion and make him whole to whatever extent they possibly can. I hope prison for the perpetrator is a very real part of that mix.

Johnny’s perseverance and courage throughout all of this has been truly inspirational.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

justintime
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:42 pm

hollyberry wrote: . . . . And that's what's so horrible....they only pick on the decent ones because they are too gentlemanly to hit them back.
And remember....Amber was arrested for abusing on of her exes, she only avoided a trial because her ex dropped the charges . . .
I don’t mean to be rude, hollyberry, but I believe AH only avoided a trial because both she and her ex were out-of-state residents. The case was suspended and she was given two years probation. Tasya never dropped the charges nor did she do anything to have them mitigated at that time (which was quite telling in itself); it was only when AH tried to have the record expunged years later (when Johnny entered the picture) that she tried to change the story - and that’s when the police officer who’d arrested AH spoke up and set the record straight: it happened exactly as she’d said originally.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
Joni
JDZ Global Moderator
Posts: 24686
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:08 pm
Location: Canada
Status: Online

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Joni » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Please keep this thread on topic. Let's keep focused on Johnny's case, not other actors or other people's similar problems.

Thank you.

hollyberry
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:01 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:55 pm

justintime wrote:
hollyberry wrote: . . . . And that's what's so horrible....they only pick on the decent ones because they are too gentlemanly to hit them back.
And remember....Amber was arrested for abusing on of her exes, she only avoided a trial because her ex dropped the charges . . .
I don’t mean to be rude, hollyberry, but I believe AH only avoided a trial because both she and her ex were out-of-state residents. The case was suspended and she was given two years probation. Tasya never dropped the charges nor did she do anything to have them mitigated at that time (which was quite telling in itself); it was only when AH tried to have the record expunged years later (when Johnny entered the picture) that she tried to change the story - and that’s when the police officer who’d arrested AH spoke up and set the record straight: it happened exactly as she’d said originally.
My God....I didn't know that.

justintime
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:42 pm

hollyberry wrote:
justintime wrote:
hollyberry wrote: . . . . And that's what's so horrible....they only pick on the decent ones because they are too gentlemanly to hit them back.
And remember....Amber was arrested for abusing on of her exes, she only avoided a trial because her ex dropped the charges . . .
I don’t mean to be rude, hollyberry, but I believe AH only avoided a trial because both she and her ex were out-of-state residents. The case was suspended and she was given two years probation. Tasya never dropped the charges nor did she do anything to have them mitigated at that time (which was quite telling in itself); it was only when AH tried to have the record expunged years later (when Johnny entered the picture) that she tried to change the story - and that’s when the police officer who’d arrested AH spoke up and set the record straight: it happened exactly as she’d said originally.
My God....I didn't know that.
Here’s a link, hollyberry, that explains it all more accurately than I:

https://www.tmz.com/2016/06/07/amber-he ... a-van-ree/
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

justintime
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Here is a link to a portion of the court document filed by Johnny in his suit against AH. Bits and pieces are elsewhere, but these are the first ten pages, easy to read, complete and sequential. By “easy to read” I am referring to presentation only; some of the content will take your breath away.

https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uplo ... signed.pdf
Last edited by justintime on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:00 pm

justintime wrote:Here is a link to the court document filed by Johnny in his suit against AH. Bits and pieces are elsewhere but these are ten easy to read, complete and sequential pages. By “easy to read” I am referring to presentation only; some of the content will take your breath away.

https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uplo ... signed.pdf
Wow A.H's conduct was outrageous.

User avatar
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 3310
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: under a pile of books
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:11 pm

Thank you for the opportunity to read this document. It is indeed very clear and almost very devastating. I hope it receives wide coverage. The existence of documentation and witnesses is so important, and Johnny and his legal team have done an incredible job. To think of what he was going through it pretty upsetting. I am so glad that we have stood strong behind him for several years now, and we will continue to have his back until this entire matter is finalized.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

User avatar
Chocolat
Posts: 9714
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Sleepy Hollow
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Despite personal struggles, clearly, Johnny has privately thought all of this through and with the aid of his top notch legal team, has finally shared the complete truth. His timing to bring on the fight may have been long overdo, but I salute his steadfast determination and strength. No doubt there will always be negativity from those who remain narrow minded or choose to avoid truth when it is right in front of them. Yet, in the end, bravery is a compelling force when being accused of wrong doing and bravery is what makes Johnny Depp our champion.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

hollyberry
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:01 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:48 am

Heard has shot herself in the foot with this. Instead of going on with life, enjoying the success Aquaman brought her, and looking to the future she couldn't resist one last twist of the knife, and now it's going to back fire on her spectacularly. The can of worms is open.
Johnny I think, is going to survive this, once he's got rid of the snakes in the grass investing his personal circle it'll be a fresh start. His real friends have stuck by him through it, and the success of Grindelwald I'm sure has been a boost financially and emotionally.
Best of luck for the future Johnny! :giveflower:

gipsyblues
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:36 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by gipsyblues » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 am

:agreesign: fireflydances :myheart:

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3221
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:47 am

justintime wrote:Here is a link to a portion of the court document filed by Johnny in his suit against AH. Bits and pieces are elsewhere, but these are the first ten pages, easy to read, complete and sequential. By “easy to read” I am referring to presentation only; some of the content will take your breath away.

https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uplo ... signed.pdf
I would so much like to read this, but am not allowed :sad: :tear: :bawl:
OK, I will behave :blush: But I am not allowed to access the page. Am I the only one?
One possible reason could be, that I am in Europe, and radaronline is one of those American sites, who doesn't want to bother with the reasonably strict rules, the EU has concerning the Internet. But can anybody help, so I, and perhaps others, can have a look, too?
Pretty please :) ?

User avatar
Sweeney Todd
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:38 am

:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

justintime
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am

Many thanks, Sweeney Todd! Knew it had to be more than 10 pages - that’s why I changed my post to “a portion of” - but didn’t have a clue how to find the rest.

Again, thank you!
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3221
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:09 am

Yes, thank you ever so very much, my dear barber - ehm, Sweeney Todd :smiliewithhearts: :myheart: :smiliewithhearts:
That I can access and read perfectly fine :loveshower: