The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
FlowerBySea
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 pm
Location: Germany
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by FlowerBySea » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Judge Nicol is 100% on top of things, in my opinion. He asks the right questions, he always knows what's going on, who's who, he's fair and balanced. I think he sees things exactly as we do.

I feel like today was loaded with snark. Just little bits here and there, like:

[EL Quoting from Whitney's witness statement]: "He was rambling about a friend of Amber's called Marie de Villepin." Have I said that correctly?
Whitney: I actually cannot pronounce her last name either.
EL: You do not know; right.


"You talked about this person lots of times, are recollecting Johnny rambling about her, but no idea about how to say her name. Riiiight."
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

Stellastar
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:34 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Stellastar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Where is the photo referred to that Whitney sent Johnny via text about cocaine?

AdeleAgain
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Whitney's testimony is well worth reading through - what an absolute muddle they have got themselves into over the Keith Richards incident and the paintings. Ludicrous of Whitney to try and pretend they didn't collude.

Same delusion - looking at a picture of unharmed AH and says "well I can see some swelling"......

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1339
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:50 pm
Whitney's testimony is well worth reading through - what an absolute muddle they have got themselves into over the Keith Richards incident and the paintings. Ludicrous of Whitney to try and pretend they didn't collude.

Same delusion - looking at a picture of unharmed AH and says "well I can see some swelling"......
I loved when Whitney said she didn't know about something Amber testified to because she wasn't "glued" to the case. So what was she doing when she was sitting there in the courtroom??? Somehow I get the feeling there is distension between them even now. They don't seem to be on the same page, imo
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Stellastar wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:15 pm
Where is the photo referred to that Whitney sent Johnny via text about cocaine?
I think this is what you are looking for.


User avatar
RumLover
Posts: 1478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:02 am
Location: Sydney, AUS
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by RumLover » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Judymac wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:52 am
One thing that I wish Ms. Law would have done is pointed out that Johnny is not almost twice as big as Amber. There is a picture of then getting off the plane when they are coming back to Australia. Both are casually dressed, so she can not say that she was wearing high heels. You can see that they are close to the same height. She was also not a skinny little waif. The idea that back then she was a tiny little helpless woman getting beat up by a huge monster, just goes to her lack of credibility. I wish that Johnny's team would have emphasized the lie that he was almost twice as big as poor little Amber.
Ms Laws doesn't need to point this out to the judge.
The judge can see with his own eyes the size of JD & AH. They have both been in the witness stand for days.

Frickadelia
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:48 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Frickadelia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 pm

I can't find the picture Whitney sent to Depp.. but I saw it on twitter. It was the text itself which said something like
"Look what came into my possesion at the office, dont know what it is.. should I try to smell it?" The picture was a desk with coke, and the tampong applicator. And license.

It was posted by a journalist who tweeted from the case..

Frickadelia
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:48 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Frickadelia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:22 pm

Found it..
The journalist is Sarah Greenhalgh:



I think it is obvious that it proves Whitney lies about what she feels about using drugs, and that she "brags" about it to Johnny shows she is not afraid of influencing him. Ergo, she can not be afraid he will beat her sister in a socalled drug rage.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:08 am

RumLover wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:36 pm
Judymac wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:52 am
One thing that I wish Ms. Law would have done is pointed out that Johnny is not almost twice as big as Amber. There is a picture of then getting off the plane when they are coming back to Australia. Both are casually dressed, so she can not say that she was wearing high heels. You can see that they are close to the same height. She was also not a skinny little waif. The idea that back then she was a tiny little helpless woman getting beat up by a huge monster, just goes to her lack of credibility. I wish that Johnny's team would have emphasized the lie that he was almost twice as big as poor little Amber.
Ms Laws doesn't need to point this out to the judge.
The judge can see with his own eyes the size of JD & AH. They have both been in the witness stand for days.

I know, but it is just so infuriating to hear repeating the same lie over and over, that he is almost twice as big as she is. I would have liked it if Ms Law would have called her out on this lie.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:12 am

FlowerBySea wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:01 pm
Judge Nicol is 100% on top of things, in my opinion. He asks the right questions, he always knows what's going on, who's who, he's fair and balanced. I think he sees things exactly as we do.

I feel like today was loaded with snark. Just little bits here and there, like:

[EL Quoting from Whitney's witness statement]: "He was rambling about a friend of Amber's called Marie de Villepin." Have I said that correctly?
Whitney: I actually cannot pronounce her last name either.
EL: You do not know; right.


"You talked about this person lots of times, are recollecting Johnny rambling about her, but no idea about how to say her name. Riiiight."
:lol: :harhar: :biglaugh:

AdeleAgain
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:51 am

This is a useful thread on AH's flip flops on the finger incident in Australia. I think they have also missed one out - on AH's second day on the stand didn't she say something to the effect of 'I don't know I wasn't there'. And this doesn't take account of all the changes to the story from when it first came out.



Credibility HAS to be shot to pieces right? Between this and the Keith Richards and the paintings fiasco.

I am imagining Keith Richards happily chilling on his Caribbean argument - so glad to have been of service to his dear friend.

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3430
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:39 am

Sorry to come back to something discussed quite a while back. But why on earth did AH state the make of the fridge instead of just saying "the fridge" ???
As already said 'Keep your lies vague'
Or Adam might come after you. The devil is in the details :biggrin:

User avatar
FlowerBySea
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 pm
Location: Germany
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by FlowerBySea » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:21 am

Yup, just like Whitney, who has the "Red Bull" detail drilled into her head (it's been stated several times that Johnny drinks Red Bull - I found that odd all the while, it's so irrelevant). Yesterday:

MS. LAWS: She was throwing things at him, was she not?
THE WITNESS: Not true.
Q. Including a can of something and a purse?
A. Not true. She did not have those things on her. She was in her PJs. She was nowhere near any of her belongings, she was in her little office (unclear), she does not even drink Red Bull.
MR. JUSTICE NICOL: Just a minute. Yes


I think we all know what he jotted down there...

She repeated what Amber said on Tuesday, even though Laws had purposefully omitted the Red Bull from her question. She went right into her trap!

Amber's quote:

Q. Threw a can of Red Bull at him?
A. I do not even drink Red Bull. No.


Amber reminds me more and more of myself in high school when I wanted to skip a day. I'd put on red eyeliner and cough a little, telling everyone how terribly sick I was and thinking that the more detail I add, the more believable I sound. I really think she believes these minute details make her stories more credible. Maybe she was inspired by Secret Window with the squirrel moment.

I'd just like to add this, made me chuckle:

Ms Laws: So you knew that it was important for to you get important details or sometimes not important details, about what happened during that incident down on paper?
Whitney: The important details are important, yes.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

User avatar
Newt
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Newt » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 am

I expected a trainwreck from the Heard camp but this is even more glorious than I hoped for. Just wow. Judge is going to have a field day with this.

AdeleAgain
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:45 am

We need Nick!

Wow just wow. Trying not to be too hopeful. AH always seems to get away with stuff.

Whitney was asked if her sister ever hurt her/if she was afraid of her - and she clearly (ref video/what we think) lied. So if Whitney gets into trouble for perjury that seems to unfair to me. She was abused and is then in legal difficulty. Come one Whitney just tell the truth. When all this is done you'd be much better off in JD's camp than AH's!