The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1651
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Online

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57 pm

Waldman has been Johnny's lawyer for some time so I will give him that much in believing there is a personal connection there but you're right - most lawyers don't really care about their clients as much as they care about winning their cases and in high profile cases probably more. Waldman is doing a great job, imo, but Kaplan doesn't show me much except a lot of underhanded things that come back to bite her where the sun don't shine.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3483
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:05 am

Judymac wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:53 pm
California is a two party consent state. That means both parties have to give consent to record a conversation. I quickly found this:
California's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. California makes it a crime to record or eavesdrop on any confidential communication, including a private conversation or telephone call, without the consent of all parties to the conversation. See Cal. Penal Code § 632.
She will probably cry and say she did not know, but it took me a second to Google this. I hope she gets into a lot of trouble over this too. :harhar:

Can Johnny then get in trouble for the second audio tape released?
The one from that meeting Ms Heard persuaded him to come to after she had accused him of abuse. Did she agree to have that taped?

Granny576
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granny576 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:42 am

AH was in charge of those recordings for those talking sessions. Listen very carefully. He asks for a tape to be sent to him so that he may listen again and suggests she do the same. She then goes on a tyraid. A few places let you know she is the holder of those tapes.

AdeleAgain
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 am

I think Meeps might mean the second tape of the phone call - where she says no one will believe you. That seemed to me like his recording (because we can hear him when it disconnects).

It's all a bit confusing but it seems odd to me that if she didn't know about the call being recorded - she would have made a complaint by now.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:39 am

Granna wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:35 pm
It sounds like she picks some real winners for her legal battles, doesn't she?

I guess they play together. AH believes they will clear her name. I think they all know she is guilty
(MHO) but they are in it for the money. Not to mention getting publicity, even when they lose.
Amber Heard is not going to make money off of this. The publicity makes her look horrible, the trial will make her look even more horrible. Just because she has not been fired by L"Oreal or Warner Brothers does not mean she will not be fired in the future. Please be patient.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:40 am

AdeleAgain wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 am
I think Meeps might mean the second tape of the phone call - where she says no one will believe you. That seemed to me like his recording (because we can hear him when it disconnects).

It's all a bit confusing but it seems odd to me that if she didn't know about the call being recorded - she would have made a complaint by now.
Is there a link to this?

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:46 am

Judymac wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:40 am
Is there a link to this?
Here is Brian’s video on the phone call

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:48 am

Judymac wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:39 am
Granna wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:35 pm
It sounds like she picks some real winners for her legal battles, doesn't she?

I guess they play together. AH believes they will clear her name. I think they all know she is guilty
(MHO) but they are in it for the money. Not to mention getting publicity, even when they lose.
Amber Heard is not going to make money off of this. The publicity makes her look horrible, the trial will make her look even more horrible. Just because she has not been fired by L"Oreal or Warner Brothers does not mean she will not be fired in the future. Please be patient.
I don’t know how much to read into this but the link announcing AH as the L’Oréal Ambassador is “broken”. Coincidence?

https://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/inside-l ... mber-heard


User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1651
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Online

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:26 am

The first recording that was released was with the consent of both parties. It was some kind of therapy session. The second recording on the phone was most likely consented to also or else Kaplan would have been throwing that in his face.

However, I believe that the recording with the interior decorator and friend, Laura D., was not by consent. Amber knew Laura had met with Adam Waldman and asked her to come over so that she could find out what happened at that meeting. Whether or not Laura was "bullied" into signing her declaration, we may never know. The fact is that when you sign a declaration, you certify at the end that the facts stated are true and correct and nobody has to sign one without being given the opportunity for an attorney to review it first.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:40 am

I agree with you ForeverYoung. They were recording their discussions (arguments) as part of a therapy session. I thought they had mentioned the therapy sessions in the recording but I am not sure. I should probably listen to them again. I felt sad listening to them because they were a couple who were supposed to be in love. She sounded like a crazy :censored:. Wasn't the second phone call initiated by Amber Heard? I thought that is what Brian McPherson said.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1651
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Online

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:01 pm

These were absolutely therapy sessions between the two of them and there are more recordings also because Johnny said "go back and listen to the tapes, that's what they're there for" and he also asked "send me the tapes." The second recording doesn't being with anyone making the call so I really don't know who initiated it. Johnny was trying so hard to be patient with her and it breaks my heart to hear the sadness and disbelief in his voice when he says "You're a :censored: thing I make up in my head and I can't believe you're doing this to me...I can't believe it."
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:12 pm

I believe his lawyer instructed him to record that phone call. He was on tour with HW and talking with her was in violation of the TRO. The recording was to protect him from her falsely claiming any violation or verbal abuse on that call.

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3483
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:43 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 am
I think Meeps might mean the second tape of the phone call - where she says no one will believe you. That seemed to me like his recording (because we can hear him when it disconnects).

It's all a bit confusing but it seems odd to me that if she didn't know about the call being recorded - she would have made a complaint by now.
I do mean the second one, as you say, Adele. But I also agree, that any sensible grownup would expect Johnny to tape their conversation to protect himself. The problem is that Ms Heard seems neither sensible nor grownup ...

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1651
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Online

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:19 pm

I just listened to the second video again. Amber she said that she had "time stamped validated photos" to support her claims but she never produced even one with a date and time stamp including the fake bruise she sold to the media. In my opinion, Amber set up her family and friends that she knew would support her and she played them like a piano. Amber reminds me of the character in the film Basic Instinct that Sharon Stone played except Amber isn't that smart. :dunce:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Moonbeam
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm
Location: Neverland
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Moonbeam » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:12 pm

Brian McPherson has a new video which says it contains new evidence. I am going to watch it now!

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp