The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:45 am

True but we may never know what was in his backpack. I think the main purpose for Franco's deposition is for him to either admit or deny if he saw her with injuries to her face and what she may or may not have said to him about the alleged abuse.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:23 am

Lbock wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 pm
I agree. But Johnny claimed much of her abuse was drug/alcohol fueled. I feel like him showing up with a huge backpack is significant
My thought on seeing full backpack is that he intended to stay the night, maybe with a change of clothes and toiletries.
Drugs are not my area of expertise but I would expect personal use amounts for a few people to fit in a pocket. Alcohol would take more space.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:02 pm

Alcohol would be in the penthouse. He is also known to "use" as well. I am sure they partied with alcohol, drugs and "rough romp in the hay." Might as well party with notorious bad boy. That's her.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:40 pm

California Judge rules in Johnny’s favor on JD’s request to quash/modify AH’s s 40 subpoenas.

Thanks to Lbock’s Twitter page @ LauraBockov
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:58 pm

:harhar: 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 After she files her redrafts he still has the option to refile motions to quash or modify :lol:

I’m betting the judge didn’t read all of Johnny’s filing which was about 1600 pages. I think on the conference call, she took Depp’s side totally and just told AH to rewrite 😹
Last edited by Lbock on Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:53 pm

I guess if Judge Bowick’s ruling is requiring all the 3rd party subpoenas to be resubmitted/redrafted to “exclude privileged information, narrow the scope and time, and narrow the focus of what they want”, then it seems AH is just being told to stop wasting everyone’s time and money and do what she should have done in the first place if these subpoenas are really necessary.

Good. If AH pulls the same stunt again, perhaps the Judge will force her to pay JD’s costs as well as other restitutions she may deem appropriate. A first concrete step in that direction and primarily just to make a point, but long overdue.
"Stay low." ~ JD

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:53 am

Btw with California having the strongest anti-SLAPP laws, I find the judges ruling very positive

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:24 am

FYI. AH vs TMG original filing from Deadline
https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.co ... na1-wm.pdf

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Poor TMG :biggrin:
To me it sounds like they are squirming, and trying to avoid having to admit out loud, that they lied about Johnny, when claiming that he both abuses people, and then pays hush money afterwards.
That is of course just my theory.
But the fact, that Johnny's lawyer here says, that JD has "no dog in that fight" makes me think, that Johnny knows, there is nothing to find. That the claim about him lacking impulse control was just another smear, TMG tried out during the court case to make him look so bad in the press, that he would back down.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:02 pm

Amber's attorneys need to focus more on the defense of her case rather than these Hail Mary attempts to try and delay the proceedings and/or try to get the case dismissed. Amber is still refusing to do her deposition and her team has yet to file an official answer the complaint against her.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:09 am

Someone on twitter also asked

She’s waiting on the ruling of the demurrer. Her demurrer May be in lieu of answering or she may answer after the judges ruling if he over rules.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 am

Amber is on her third attempt to dismiss. She could have filed an answer after the first and second attempt. She doesn't want to admit and/or deny the counts against her, imo. After this third attempt gets denied she will just file another motion to delay filling her answer.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:24 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 am
Amber is on her third attempt to dismiss. She could have filed an answer after the first and second attempt. She doesn't want to admit and/or deny the counts against her, imo. After this third attempt gets denied she will just file another motion to delay filling her answer.
If she filed an answer then she couldn’t file a demurrer. Yes, if not dismissed and if Johnny won’t settle her only option is to delay delay delay. They will use every dismissal option etc they can come up with. They will bury Johnny in paperwork. Then will come the complaints about discovery not coming in. Having to redo 40 subpoenas and get them approved through LA Court after another round of opposition from Johnny before they are ever re-served. No way this trial is happening in August. He’ll be able to tour, but this lawsuit could hang over him for years.

Don’t forget. One week before Rocky trial, Depp team filed a limine against his expert witness that delayed the trial 7 months. Defense I think has a bit more leeway in filing

And The Sun has pretty much gone in hibernation for the unseeable future. Some say it’s pending this defamation outcome, but I think it should be heard and ruled on its own merits.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:17 am

Not to mention when she does start filing her answer(s) be ready for a TMG style smear campaign. She’ll have lots of discovery to pick tidbits out to make him look guilty. Partial truths out of context. I’m imagining she’ll find a way to countersue but I can’t think on what grounds yet

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:35 pm

Good grief, Lbock! Is this your version of JDZ tough love?

Have to admit, I’ve been thinking along those lines for sometime now - and it makes me very sad and angry. Not a healthy combination. I hope Johnny’s team can find a way to smother them . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD