The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:23 am

So I think Franco was cooperating with the depo but needed secrecy because of all his other lawsuits. Let’s face it, if he had anything like seeing her bruise, AH team would have dropped his declaration as soon as Johnny filed.

He does have allot of control. They can force him to sit for a depo and he can plead the 5th to allot of questions that could damage AH but also himself. Seems he is willing if secret and sealed. He’s got dirt for sure to go to these lengths

Both lawyers have to agree to terms and date, etc. so AH team definitely are aware of the sealed and secrecy request. No doubt about that.

I’m not sure all is lost. The letter was leaked but not that he is actually going to sit for a depo, where or when.

Answer to Justintime:
So who has the most to gain to leak this and shut Franco up—has to be AH team. Johnny wouldn’t have subpoenaed him if he had any fear of his statements. And AH never did. They looked guilty as hell and up to no good in that late night elevator visit 😂😂

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:14 am
meeps wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 am
Thanks a lot for explaining :airkiss2:
meeps, I am American and I don't understand every detail of our law! :lol: So any clear cut explanation is greatly appreciated from me as well. :thanks!:
:truefan:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Another brilliant article

“ Amber Heard knows something you don’t know…and Little Miss Porky Pies is desperately attempting some Pre-Damage-Limitation before you find out. Heard’s little posts are going to increase in their desperation and concentrate more and more on female bodies and the shaming thereof. They’re going to start including how women are bullied and slutshamed for ‘being attractive’, they’ll no doubt start including references to sexual assault and rape but more specifically, how women can be pressurised into having sex against their will, how women are targetted by men when they are vulnerable, fragile and so on...“
http://kawazaki.co.uk/pages/amber_heard ... _2020.html

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:35 pm

For those of us that happened to have a half an ounce of common intelligence, will see this for what it is.

AH considers herself, a "super model." With that being said, exposing (her breast) to John Q Public, comes with territory.

From photos, it appears that AH likes to "play rough." That being said, it would be easy to scream "sexual assault." However, unfortunately, that happens to men as well.

She is not a good choice, to speak on anything like this, it is a pathetic as her "speech" at the march in L. A.

Lbock - please post this on twitter, let's beat her to the punchline.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:53 pm

Done

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:18 pm

James Franco cannot call the shots. He can ask whatever he wants but it doesn't mean he will get it.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:50 am

The only “power” Franco has since he is involved with so many other accusations is he could plead the 5th to questions. If he brought or they did drugs. Or even if they had sex AH team could twist it he took advantage of her in her “state”. The main question is if he saw the bruise.

That new article I posted earlier made an interesting point on that.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:46 pm

If Franco wants his deposition sealed he should be asking the judge for the order. JD's team cannot be held responsible if AH's team or anyone in the courthouse leaks the information, for whatever reason.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:04 pm

We all assumed the letter was to Depp lawyers only. Maybe it was the request for the judge to approve. Maybe that was filed with his response to the subpoena. Once the letter got filed in court, that could be how The Blast got it

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:52 pm

Lbock wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:04 pm
We all assumed the letter was to Depp lawyers only. Maybe it was the request for the judge to approve. Maybe that was filed with his response to the subpoena. Once the letter got filed in court, that could be how The Blast got it
From The Blast
"Franco's attorney sent a letter to Johnny Depp's team saying that prior to him agreeing to appear for his deposition, he wants a document put in place to protect any information he provides during questioning."

We don't know at this point if Franco's lawyer was giving a heads up to JD's team that he will be filing papers in court or not but, no way can JD's team be held responsible or sanctioned if someone else leaks the deposition info and no way would any lawyer ever agree to those terms. Who doe he thinks he is??? If he "agrees" for the depo." WTF? If he doesn't agree and the judge issues an order he has no other choice but to appear whether he gets his way or not about it being sealed.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:00 pm

I’m thinking only the judge can put a protective order in place or have a deposition sealed. So my point is that the letter may have been sent to Johnny. Then they’d have to negotiate with Franco attorneys and Heard attorneys would have to agree. Then it would have been submitted to the judge to be ruled on. Guessing anyway.

I would think they’d submit it marked confidential. But after the last protective order ruling, maybe it wasn’t. Since the letter doesn’t include what they agreed to (or if) and no location or date of depo, the court didn’t think they were violating his terms.

Another possibility is Depp team rejected his request outright🤷🏻‍♀️ They’re on record against secrecy

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Yes, only the Judge can enter an Order. An order cannot be filed without the judge granting it even if both parties agree. However, the whole point of discovery (including depositions) is to use some of that information in trial briefs and testimony so I don't see how he can get it completely sealed.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:32 pm
Yes, only the Judge can enter an Order. An order cannot be filed without the judge granting it even if both parties agree. However, the whole point of discovery (including depositions) is to use some of that information in trial briefs and testimony so I don't see how he can get it completely sealed.
Somehow the jury gets to know. But I guess in a closed court. The transcript portion is sealed or redacted

“ If a proceeding is sealed, often referred to as closed, it is
not open to the public. Usually that means that any transcript made of the proceeding will be regarded as a sealed record. Clerks of court traditionally protected sealed filings and re- cords by storing them separately from the public case file in a secure room or vault. As court records have become more elec- tronic in form, electronic methods of security have been devel- oped.”
https://www.fjc.gov/sites/default/files ... _Guide.pdf

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 pm

Well, let's wait and see what happens. We all know Franco was with her that night and we all know the testimony from people who saw her up close. Franco is no different than anyone else who saw her up close and he can't pick and choose the terms of his deposition. Best he can do is ask a judge to decide if his testimony can be sealed and omitted from the trial briefs and JD's team can oppose his request.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 pm

I agree. But Johnny claimed much of her abuse was drug/alcohol fueled. I feel like him showing up with a huge backpack is significant