The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Anya Goldstein is a partner @ Summa LLP, on the list of “Super Lawyers”, and is a seasoned criminal defense attorney.

No idea who is footing her bill.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:00 pm

So that Lauren Shapiro (who works for James Corden) is super close friends with IO, his girlfriend and Bianca Butti and others in his group. She’s tagged in lots of those party pics at Joshua tree
Check her tagged feed
https://instagram.com/annalauren27?igshid=16fumnxm0uzze

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Sorry, out of it, too much family drama. Who is Goldstein? Which side?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:19 pm

Granna wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 pm
Sorry, out of it, too much family drama. Who is Goldstein? Which side?
Lawyer for both Brandon McCulloch and Lauren Shapiro

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:13 am

:) AH issued another subpoena to Kelly Milano. Don’t know who she is but she is using the same lawyer also as Brandon and Lauren. Interesting that AH must think they are important enough to provide the same lawyer for all of them Speculating

Kelly is a writer. Graphic novels. https://instagram.com/kellysuesays?igshid=1ncglm2vqmgxs
Brandon follows her in IG and she and Raquel follow each other. Several AH fans follow her. So she has a connection to AH at some point. Just speculating here she may be the anonymous person IO called to call 911. Maybe they’ve had a falling out since like Raquel Just speculation

Update: there is twitter speculation that Lauren maybe the anonymous 911 caller. Some are mentioning an IO tweet he mentioned a Laura or Lauren in the midst of his 911 Twitter rant months ago but quickly deleted that text
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 5-2020.pdf

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:58 am

Apologies, as stated previously there's been too much family drama, so I'm sort of out of things. It is interesting that they all are using the same attorney, but seasoned criminal attorney? Something doesn't sound quite right? Or am I reading too much into this?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:13 pm

It seems Kelly May be out of the loop like Raquel but she celebrated AH birthday April 22 2018. Cant really tell. She could have deleted posts a year ago or just now when she got subpoena. This was reposted by an AH fan and Kelly has since removed it

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:05 pm

OH, Puleeeeeze!! A supernova was born!! COME ON!! (from the Instagram post)

More like a Red Giant, a dying star! Or a Death Star!!
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- Johnny Depp..."The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:23 pm

The Blast is reporting that James Franco wants his deposition kept private from the public.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:00 am

Yeah, and one wonders why, if Franco just accidentally met his neighbour (going down earlier in bare feet, nightgown and a coat) in the elevator ...
He is a really brave fellow, ain't he? Practically a knight in shining armour coming to rescue the fair lady from the big bad monster :biggrin:
That last bit was sarcasm, if anybody is in any doubt :)

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:12 am

I thought Adam Waldman, proved that James Franco did not live in the building? The lawsuit that James Franco is facing, has it anything to do with Amber Heard?

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 am

No, as far as we know Franco doesn't live - or lived - in the building. But that's Ms Heard's explanation for why she was in the elevator with him the night after she claims, that Johnny threw her phone at her ... Just neighbors accidently meeting in an elevator, you know, as one does :bigwink:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am

That statement came from AH lawyer who is no longer with her :lol:

Franco is under investigation in multiple claims. Makes sense her want this secret and sealed for his cooperation to give a deposition.

We’ve also seen that AH is suing for unlimited damages to get business records and communication that were sealed in a court protective order in a settlement

I think Franco wanted his very act of giving a depo secret to avoid his other accusers doing the same

But someone leaked this. So I don't know who. I think it benefits AH to keep Franco from giving a deposition. Without his terms he can just plead the 5th. The judge could be pissed over leak and order a blanket protective order or even a gag order which AH definitely wants

I don’t know what to think

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:11 pm

So in Virginia they use foreign subpoenas for people resident in other states.

She issued a ton of these to people in California. TMG refuses. She sued them to comply against a protective order. She sued in LA because that is were the subpoena was served.

So now Johnny is using her court case to piggy back to quash or modify all the la subpoenas she filed?
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO BLOOM HERGOTT DIEMER ROSENTHAL LAVIOLETTE FELDMAN SCHENKMAN & GOODMAN, LLP IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
Filed by John C. Depp, II (Non-Party)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement ( REGARDING SUBPOENA TO JACOB A. BLOOM IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO GOODMAN SCHENKMAN & BRECHEEN LLP IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement ( REGARDING SUBPOENA TO SEPEHR DAGHIGHIAN IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS)
01/21/2020 Petition (to Quash Subpoenas to Third Party Deponents)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO WALT DISNEY MOTION PICTURES GROUP, INC., IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO JERRY BRUCKHEIMER, INC. IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO FILM LA IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO BRUCKHEIMER FILMS IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement ( REGARDING SUBPOENA TO MIRAMAX, LLC, IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH, OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO JACK WHIGHAM C/O CREATIVE ARTISTS AGENCY IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO CHRISTIAN CARINO C/O CREATIVE ARTISTS AGENCY IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO STAN COLEMAN IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO ROBIN BAUM C/O SLATE PR, LLC IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO TRACEY JACOBS C/O UNITED TALENT AGENCY IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING FIRST SUBPOENA TO STEPHEN DEUTERS IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENAS TO CHRISTI DEMBROWSKI C/O DYLAN RUGA, STAWART LAW GROUP; ELISA?S ATTIC, LLC; AND STRATTON FILMS, INC., IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SECOND SUBPOENA TO STEPHEN DEUTERS IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO PREMIER GROUP INTERNATIONAL IN SUPPORT OF PLAINTIFF JOHN C. DEPP, II?S OMNIBUS PETITION TO QUASH , OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)
01/21/2020 Separate Statement (REGARDING SUBPOENA TO SEAN BETT IN SUPPORT OF PETITION TO QUASH, OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO MODIFY SUBPOENAS TO THIRD PARTY DEPONENTS:)

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Lbock wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am
. . . . I think Franco wanted his very act of giving a depo secret to avoid his other accusers doing the same

But someone leaked this. So I don't know who. I think it benefits AH to keep Franco from giving a deposition. Without his terms he can just plead the 5th. The judge could be pissed over leak and order a blanket protective order or even a gag order which AH definitely wants . . .
I have to trust The Court has become a lot more savvy wrt the tactics employed by the Defense attorneys and their client in this case. If in doubt, all the Court must do is the simple analysis you spelled out above, Lbock:

Q. Who benefits most from a blanket protective order or a gag order?
A. The defendant, AH, of course.

Doesn’t matter what rag/tabloid the leak was printed in, none of them - not a one - has had any longstanding allegiance to the truth or Johnny. The Blast has proven itself to be, substantively, no more on JD’s side than any other; that being the case, I can see Kaplan “cleverly” going with superficial appearances and using The Blast for her and her client’s own ends by leaking this story to them (The Blast).
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot