The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:16 pm

I believe, at the very least, if she were to admit the article was about him, it would be her usual twist on words and blame it on the author of the article and/or the newspaper. Something like "I told the author about my marriage but I never saw the article or authorized it to be printed."
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Fortunately, she cannot. The universal publication guidelines state on the by line. "By Amber Heard", she is the one that receives the authorship credit and is fully responsible for the content of the article.

The Washington Post, issued a statement, that the Op-Ed written in December of 2018, is definitely about JD.

There was another piece that she wrote, concerning medical records. She stated that she felt that the medical records when were to remain private. However she has made sure that she has access to JD's.

She can't get out of that either.

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:12 pm
The jury truly needs to see Amber Heard in court and on the stand. If she can't or won't be there, I hope, if possible, Mr. Waldman or Mr. Chew will show the deposition tapes of her behavior explaining her side of the story. They need to see her babbling and crumbling under the pressure of perjury.
I think you’ve made a good point, Chocolat: An in-person, rambling AH subject to cross-examination vs those damning depo tapes . . . Perjury looms either way.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

meeps

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:01 am

Yes, and I would also think, that the same would be true about Amber as said about Johnny. Yes, he sued her, so in a way it is his case. But if she can't take it seriously, or whatever one may call it, and show up at least for the main part of the actual proceedings, then why should the jury and judge take her claims seriously?
But that is just my perhaps old fashioned sense of fairness talking. The justice system in America might look at it differently, and think that if just her lawyers are there, then that will be enough ...
She doesn't actually have to deign to honour Johnny with her presence.
Yes, that was sarcasm. And I definitely think she should be there, be forced to look at him, and then we will see if she has the gall to keep on lying. And lying under oath, to boot!

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:16 am

Here is an amazing review on AH women’s march speech. Breaking it down to being all about Johnny, again and again
http://kawazaki.co.uk/pages/amber_heard ... _2020.html

what exactly is the self-declared ‘heart wrenchingly lonely battle’ Heard is referring to here? It couldn’t possibly be her brief marriage to Johnny Depp …because isn't Heard is right in the middle of fighting a defamation case on the very premise that her 2018 Op-Ed (in which she talks of her domestic abuse ordeal) was absolutely not about Mr Edward Scissorhands? In fact, isn't she’s so adamant it’s not Depp who abused her that she’s currently on her fourth attempt to have the defamation suit dismissed on the very basis that the story has nothing to do with him?

Whoa. Hang on a minute there, Little Miss-Can’t-Keep-Her-Story-Straight, so you ARE referring to your marriage (and aftermath thereafter) of a certain Mr J.C. Depp in this 2020 speech? It’s difficult to imagine that Heard might be referring to any other time in her life before she met Depp – certainly the critically acclaimed cinematic masterpiece ‘She Smells’, my apologies, ‘Her Smell’, wasn’t the catalyst for her ‘privileged life’ in the ‘entertainment industry’ with all its ‘tremendous luxuries’. What other period of Heard’s existence, outside of her relationship with Depp, could be described as such a thing?

‘Male dominated power structure’, ‘endless life of relentless struggle’ – less than half way though her appearance, Heard had well and truly cemented the idea that this speech was most definitely referencing her relationship with Johnny Depp. It was with horrified disbelief that Heard’s legal team must have watched this debacle that unequivocally proves not only is she continuing to build her career on the foundations of Depp abusing her, but also demonstrates she has absolutely zero self control; not a characteristic one would wish to publicly exhibit if they are vehemently maintaining they are a victim and not a perpetrator of violent conduct.

Thinking about it, it actually might have been better if Heard had sank a few glasses of Merlot before walking on stage - the ordeal certainly would have been over quicker for the audience and she might not have handed Depp’s legal team solid gold evidence of her ongoing defamation of him; but then you’d have to consider the new girlfriend who was loyally waiting in the wings, and everything she’d have had to endure that night when a drunken, incoherent Heard inevitably lost her temper…

Blink twice if you need rescue, Bianca.

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am

BRAVO! Well said.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 am

Granna wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am
BRAVO! Well said.
The article is a scathingly great read 😂😂😂

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:41 pm

Thanks for sharing the article with us, Lbock. :ok:
It pretty much sums up how we feel.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:10 pm

WOW! That's a great read and so true. :lolsign: :rotflmao: :applause2: :ok: :yahoo:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 am

Thank you, Lbock, not only for the link to that review, but for pulling out some of the most not-to-be-missed bits including: “.... she might (not) have handed Depp’s legal team solid gold evidence of her ongoing defamation of him; …”
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:24 am

Thank you. I hope Waldman and Chew can benefit ❤️😢

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Johnnys lawyers cited this case. See link in tweet or screen shots in thread

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:03 pm

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:25 am

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:29 am

AH team also issued more subpoenas. Depositions only. And notice they are both issued via the same attorney. Hmmmm. Wonder who’s paying for her

01/22/2020 Foreign Subpoena for Lauren Shapiro for Jan 24

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 2-2020.pdf

01/21/2020 Foreign Subpoena for Brandon McCulloch for Jan 23

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 1-2020.pdf