The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:02 pm

:thankyou: for the upcoming court dates in this matter, Lbock! :hope: Johnny's case doesn't get dismissed. I won't be watching any POTC without Johnny in it.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:59 pm

On November 7 he has a status conference for Buckley LLC (lawyers suing him) and a large motion hearing for Bloom. On November 21 he also has a motion hearing for Rocky. So 5 court appearances in November

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Thank you for all the dates, Lbock. I have a Dec 2nd trial date start for the Bloom case. They're all ganging up on Johnny since he dared to defend his reputation and livelihood. Creeps.

thiefcat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by thiefcat » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:55 am

I read that Amber Heard refused to submit the time stamp of her photographs, of those "moving bruises" with regards to the abuse she claimed to suffer in May 2016, during the divorce proceedings. If that was the case, why Johnny Depp's laywer is not filing motion to compel her to submit time stamp of those photographs to prove she's lying since the court also ordered him to submit so much documents now.

I saw in many places that says she has no evidences and witnesses. So instead of waiting her to do that on a voluntarily basis, why aren't his lawyers requesting it proactively. Sorry if I sound naive here as I have no absolutely idea how it works in court. Wouldnt that prove she is lying already if indeed the dates do not match.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:12 am

I wonder if the VPA realizes that she has no pictures with dates and time stamps. Seems they want to support her only because they are afraid for their jobs.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... -brief.pdf
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:56 am

It's so obvious to me and many others that it all boils down to time stamped photographs and witnesses to support abuse claims by Amber Heard. If she can't or won't supply them to the court to back up her words (which is all she has), then she has nothing to validate she was ever abused. That makes her OpEd personal experience a lie and pointing to defamation. Complicating her claims with adding these organizations in order to wiggle out of a trial is taking up unnecessary court time. Johnny is keeping it simple and to the point. If I was a juror on this case, I would want to cut to the chase and look at evidence and facts, not some off shoot reasons that muddle up common sense.
By the way, regarding her photos, she supposedly has a photo of her hair she claims was pulled out by JD, however, my understanding is that when Kevin, the building manager, was shown the photo and then the actual hair on the floor, he wasn't convinced that they matched. In fact, the hair looked cut and staged.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Just verifying my upcoming dates:

Bloom
11/4 Motions and Post Mediation Status
11/18 Final Status Conference
12/2 Jury Trial

Defamation
11/8 Motion on Amending Response
11/22 If accepted, Demurrer to Dismiss and/or Plea In Bar

Buckley LL
11/21 Status Conference

Rocky
11/21 Motion Hearing

meeps

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Poor Johnny ...
Even if he wins everything this is so not what he want to spend his time doing, I am sure :-/

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Johnny doesn't need to appear at any of these events except for trial. He can go on doing his thing :guitar: while the lawyers make their arguments.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:16 pm

Anybody remember that lawsuit back in 2012 where a drunken woman got dragged out of an Iggy Pop concert because she got into Johnny's VIP section, got hold of Johnny's belt and refused to go when security asked her to leave? Well, guess who did a subpoena for those documents? The woman never alleged that Johnny touched her in any way. When security was dragging her away her pants came down and she said that she got some bruises, maybe where the sun don't shine. She sued Johnny, his security, the Hollywood Palladium and many others.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 8-2019.pdf

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:26 pm

Thank you ever so much, Lbock, for providing us with an organized calendar for Johnny’s upcoming legal events. He may not have to make an appearance, but I’m sure the long term implications attached to the outcome of each is an unabating source of stress. It is truly an unbelievable agenda.

ForeverYoung: I guess this is just the start of the fallout from the documents/records win. This request doesn’t seem to fall under the umbrella of medical records, or documents re: arrests, or drug/alcohol abuse. And Johnny’s kids were with him! You know, maybe this is a good start: with all the latitude she was given, her first request is still beyond the broad parameters established.

Has Johnny’s team requested any of AH’s records? Maybe they already have what they need . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:29 am

Forever Young: I recall the lawsuit about the Palladium incident at the Iggy Pop concert Johnny was attending with Vanessa and the kids in Dec 2011. TMZ has at least 4 articles about it. Thanks for the notification that this was added to the Fairfax site.

Interesting that Heard's team chose Jane Doe vs Depp because that was dismissed. The court said there was no reason for Robin Eckert to file anonymously. She later filed again and settled with Depp, the Palladium and others.

I remember reading comments by people who claimed to have witnessed it that the woman was drunk and kept approaching Johnny, at one point grabbing him, and ignored warnings to stop bothering him. When she left the VIP area but then tried to return later is when several security (only 2 of them were Johnny's) dragged her away.

TMZ articles:
December 4, 2011 Johnny DEPP
Bodyguards Accused Of
Tackling Disabled Woman

....Eckert's assistant tells TMZ, Robin and her party had been drinking during the evening. Law enforcement sources tell us, Robin appeared wasted when she made the report....
April 16, 2012 Johnny DEPP SUED
Over Alleged Concert Attack --
Your Thugs Ripped My Pants Off

....Doe is suing for unspecified damages.
TMZ broke the story ... the woman had filed a report with the L.A.P.D. immediately following the incident ... and identified herself as Robin Eckert. Law enforcement sources tell us Eckert appeared intoxicated at the time she made the report.

We're told the case is still under investigation -- but law enforcement sources tell us the alleged victim has been less than cooperative.
August 9, 2012 Johnny DEPP
Disabled-Lady-Butt-Flash
Lawsuit DISMISSED

Robin filed the lawsuit anonymously -- under the name "Jane Doe" -- though it's unclear why ... because she provided her name when she filed a police report back in December.

Now a judge has dismissed the case -- finding Robin had no justification for filing anonymously.
Jan 3, 2014: Johnny DEPP SETTLES UP IN 'CONCERT BRAWL' LAWSUIT
Johnny Depp decided it's better to pay a little cash to rid himself of a woman who claims the actor's bodyguard beat the crap out of her ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Depp was at an Iggy Pop concert in L.A. in 2011 when a woman sitting next to him claims she got up and danced a little too close to him ... and she says the bodyguards unloaded on her ... allegedly dragging her to the ground, causing her pants to slip down to her ankles and "exposing her buttocks to other Hollywood Palladium Theater patrons."

She claimed severe injuries and filed a police report, but cops never bought her story and law enforcement sources told us she was just plain wasted. She subsequently sued Depp and others.

Now we've learned the woman -- Robin Eckert, who claims to be a professor of medicine at U.C. Irvine -- has settled her lawsuit.

We don't know how much Eckert got, but we're told the various defendants, including Depp, all anted up something to get her out of their hair.

RumLover

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by RumLover » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:12 am

I don't see why a judge would allow the concert case as being relevant to defamation & DV.
While Depp could be considered financially liable for the actions of his employees (body guards), this does not seem relevant to claims that Depp was personally violent when intoxicated.

To me (not a lawyer) this subpoena and the Musk one do not seem to be issued by the judge or court ordered. So the attorneys for those sent subpoenas can object or negotiate the request,

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:14 am

The only angle I can consider is that he stood by and did nothing to help her when she was being “assaulted” by his people , according to her. So implied he condones that treatment to a woman. He stated “he never harmed a woman”. It’s a stretch meant to embarrass him and run up his legal bills

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:15 am

From what I recall this woman was a professor on disability who was drunk, dancing around and refusing to leave the VIP section where she got through security. She grabbed Johnny's belt at one point and Lily Rose started to cry. This subpoena is just another pathetic attempt by Amber Heard and her team of sleezbag lawyers for a smear campaign.