The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
meeps

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:16 am

:airkiss2:

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:16 am

Marussia on Twitter posted an excerpt of court docs re the Limine rulings in assault case all in favor of Johnny. Not just two. Including a paragraph Rocky wanted kept from the jury that he was rude to others right before

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:43 am

Thank you for the updates. :heartflower:
Happy news, indeed!
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Eye on the Sparrow

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Eye on the Sparrow » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:47 am

:heartflower: Oh I am so happy to hear this news. Glad to be here again and gotta catch up with lots of stuff. Thanks for the regular updates.
Eye on the Sparrow
CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow makes my heart fly!

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:16 pm

New uploaded at LA Court lawsuit site.

GOOD! I found an interesting opinion article against therapists as expert witnesses

And In another article
"the therapist is by definition a biased reporter, and one who has accepted as true everything s/he has been
told by the client." There are two potential witness roles for the psychologist: as an expert witness and as a fact witness. Not having been trained in legal concepts (e.g. rules of evidence, standard of proof, etc.), the treating clinician cannot evaluate the subject in a manner suitable for expert testimony."

10/15/2019 Motion in Limine ([PUBLIC REDACTED] DEFENDANTS' NOTICE OF MOTION AND MOTION IN LIMINE NO. 5 TO EXCLUDE "EXPERT" TESTIMONY BY TERRE BRIDGHAM; DECLARATION OF CAMILLE M. VASQUEZ IN SUPPORT THEREOF)
Filed by John C. Depp (Defendant); Infinitum Nihil (Defendant)

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 pm

This Variety article reads that Rocky wanted to settle and Depp team no way. No comment by Waldman or anyone in Johnny's side

Harris said that Depp’s attorneys have taken a “scorched earth” approach in the assault case, and that it does not seem likely that the case will settle on the eve of trial.

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Thanks Lbock for your research and the update. The Variety article says Johnny is expected to be in court next week for the trial.
Isn't something with the court scheduled for this Friday? Or am I mixing up this lawsuit with the Defamation lawsuit?
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:51 pm

The motion to compel documents from Johnny for Virginia was last Friday. But they have updated the site that it was continued for this a Friday. So that is ongoing

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:30 pm
Thanks Lbock for your research and the update. The Variety article says Johnny is expected to be in court next week for the trial.
Isn't something with the court scheduled for this Friday? Or am I mixing up this lawsuit with the Defamation lawsuit?

The trial was supposed to start next week but it got moved to May 11, 2020. Johnny filed a motion yesterday to exclude "expert" testimony, so it must have pushed the trial back.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:19 pm

I saw Johnny’s motion earlier today. The date just changed. Shocked somehow I don’t think this is what Johnny wanted. I wonder why so long. Because they filed after final status conference ???

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Usually there are deadlines to file motions before a trial. The only reason I can come up with is that some last minute "expert" showed up or something and Johnny did a motion to block the testimony and I guess the judge allowed it. The motion pushed the trial date off the calendar for this month and now the court probably doesn't have any dates available now until May 2020.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:43 pm

“ LIM/NE NO. 5 TO EXCLUDE "EXPERT" TESTIMONY BY TERRE BRIDGHAM; ”
Terre Brigham is Rocky’s family therapist and she was on the jointly agreed to witness list. I don’t know why Depp team filed after the final status meeting. But if that pushed the date it must have been important enough not to withdraw it. Or the judge “punished” them ???

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:03 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:29 pm
Usually there are deadlines to file motions before a trial. The only reason I can come up with is that some last minute "expert" showed up or something and Johnny did a motion to block the testimony and I guess the judge allowed it. The motion pushed the trial date off the calendar for this month and now the court probably doesn't have any dates available now until May 2020.
You are right, Final Conference Minute Order uploaded. Depp knew this would delay

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Lbock wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:43 pm
“ LIM/NE NO. 5 TO EXCLUDE "EXPERT" TESTIMONY BY TERRE BRIDGHAM; ”
Terre Brigham is Rocky’s family therapist and she was on the jointly agreed to witness list. I don’t know why Depp team filed after the final status meeting. But if that pushed the date it must have been important enough not to withdraw it. Or the judge “punished” them ???
Something could have happened at the final status meeting which caused Depp's team to file the motion. I don't know but once a trial date gets pulled the next date is usually scheduled according to the Judge's availability. However, FB3 is supposed to start filming in February so maybe they are working the trial around when he will be available.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Lbock wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 pm
This Variety article reads that Rocky wanted to settle and Depp team no way. No comment by Waldman or anyone in Johnny's side

Harris said that Depp’s attorneys have taken a “scorched earth” approach in the assault case, and that it does not seem likely that the case will settle on the eve of trial.
Article updated with Waldman statements

Adam Waldman, Depp’s attorney, threatens to bring a malicious prosecution claim against Brooks’ lawyers.

“After all the evidence from multiple sworn eyewitness testimony and dozens of contemporaneous photographs taken by the script supervisor, Mr. Brooks has finally found a single witness to support his absurd, delusional claim — his own lawyer,” Waldman said. “As soon as the evidence defeats Mr. Brooks in trial we will immediately launch malicious prosecution claims against his attorneys. What Mr. Brooks lawyer terms ‘scorched earth’ is actually known as ‘Justice.'”