The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
gipsyblues

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by gipsyblues » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:29 am

I think if James Franco is involved, he will have the same devilish character as Scamber. How can he only look in the mirror every day? I want to prejudge him until he comments on these incredible Scamber lies. He can prove if he is a good person or a devil.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Reasons to be more concerned than ever about those seven months before February 3, 2020:

Don’t know if this belongs here, but we have confirmation of AH’s casting in The Stand despite all the recent court documentation, and almost daily new and verified negative publicity, etc for this vile creature. The director, Josh Boone, has apparently been deleting all critical instagrams.

This is beyond the pale. CBS, Stephen King, and Boone are either a crew of horrendous cowards, have some pretty ugly skeletons in their own closets that someone/some entity is threatening to bring to light, or were all made offers they couldn’t refuse.

Where are Johnny’s new projects? Haven’t read of a single one. Even WB has kept its head down and done nothing to seal the deal for Johnny re: FB3. If all the stuff that’s out there now isn’t enough for some major doors to start being re-opened for Johnny, or at least for AH to have doors slammed in her face, I’m getting more nervous than ever about what Johnny is really up against in all the remaining lawsuits.

https://twitter.com/fantasticleak16/sta ... 3257627648
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:45 pm

justintime wrote:Reasons to be more concerned than ever about those seven months before February 3, 2020:

Don’t know if this belongs here, but we have confirmation of AH’s casting in The Stand despite all the recent court documentation, and almost daily new and verified negative publicity, etc for this vile creature. The director, Josh Boone, has apparently been deleting all critical instagrams.

This is beyond the pale. CBS, Stephen King, and Boone are either a crew of horrendous cowards, have some pretty ugly skeletons in their own closets that someone/some entity is threatening to bring to light, or were all made offers they couldn’t refuse.

Where are Johnny’s new projects? Haven’t read of a single one. Even WB has kept its head down and done nothing to seal the deal for Johnny re: FB3. If all the stuff that’s out there now isn’t enough for some major doors to start being re-opened for Johnny, or at least for AH to have doors slammed in her face, I’m getting more nervous than ever about what Johnny is really up against in all the remaining lawsuits.

I get the impression that Johnny is concentrating on his music right now. I think he is doing what he wants to do. Also, we do not know what is going to happen in the future. Amber Heard was hired to be in the Stand. That's good she will make more money to pay Johnny. Who knows what will happen to Amber after this trial. I am taking a deep breath and letting things play out.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:25 pm

justintime wrote:Reasons to be more concerned than ever about those seven months before February 3, 2020:

Have faith. So she's still getting work. Who knows how or why she got this part but my gut feeling is that she's accepting any part for less money these days. (she has legal fees to pay) Hollywood knows she's not the first choice as a leading actress but she's been controversial and that will draw attention to any project, even if she just gets by in film. In essence, she's click bait and if she brings in viewers Hollywood will overlook protests. According to IMDB, The Stand is a 10 episode mini series. You know how many episodes Scamber is in? ONE!
She's pushing her agent to get her anything. This is a TV mini series, not some blockbuster movie. I understand the consensus is that we'd like to see her get kicked out of Hollywood but realistically, that probably won't happen, no matter how vigorous we take to social media and protest our displeasure. Yes, she a thorn but let her be her. That will eventually be her downfall.

Johnny will be fine. He's doing very well now, much healthier and happily doing what he loves. Since he took on more filming last year, he may be going back to his usual two/three films a year for 2019, then leaving time open for his musical career. I recently read a bit from Alice Cooper where he mentioned that the Hollywood Vampires would be doing more gigs later because he has a tour with his own band coming up and Johnny would be working on a film and, of course, Joe has the residency in Las Vegas with Aerosmith.
In time, we'll be learning of Johnny's new projects.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:10 pm

Thank you both, Judymac and Chocolat, voices of reason: she will have money to be garnished, even if only one episode (didn’t know about the mere one episode deal), and yes, Johnny is healthy and hopefully, happy. :bouquet:

Maybe we’ll have some good news on the defamation suit by Monday . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:14 pm

Quin55 wrote:I don't have any faith that Franco will tell the truth. If he's with her, he's as sleazy as she is and that doesn't bode well for our side. Dear God, I hope I'm wrong.
Lying to the court (perjury) is a very serious crime, with serious consequences. A person could go to prison and face a monetary fine for perjury. It is a serious crime because the court system does not want people to lie. Judges get very angry when they catch a person committing perjury. I don't know James Franco, so I don't know if he would lie. But, what I am saying is he would be risking a lot if he perjured himself. I just don't think he would do that. Amber's friend Samantha decided to tell the truth. She was probably afraid of the consequences of committing perjury. Also, James is not the only person testifying. Johnny has plenty of people testifying for him and plenty of evidence. Even if James lied, his testimony would not be enough to sway a judge or jury. I think Amber Heard will commit perjury because I think Amber believes her own lies.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Judymac totally agree and well argued.

Is Scamber really only in one episode - if that's true I am feeling less pissed off.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Ade-ele wrote:Judymac totally agree and well argued.

Is Scamber really only in one episode - if that's true I am feeling less pissed off.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:04 pm

:lilyrose:
Thanks for making me feel better Chocolat!
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:24 pm

myfave wrote::lilyrose:
Thanks for making me feel better Chocolat!
:namaste:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

Quin55

Unread post by Quin55 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:17 am

I'd like to say thanks too, for all of you easing my mind with your wise and helpful comments. Looking forward to February when Johnny will hopefully be able to declare his own Independence Day from all this nonsense.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:36 am

Quin55 wrote:I'd like to say thanks too, for all of you easing my mind with your wise and helpful comments. Looking forward to February when Johnny will hopefully be able to declare his own Independence Day from all this nonsense.
Well said and on that day, we will hoist the colors :jollyroger: and shout Hallelujah!
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:51 am

FYI, I just learned this.

The Stand mini series will be on a CBS STREAMING SERVICE (CBS All Access) a subscription service.
In other words, if you want to watch The Stand, you would have to pay/subscribe to do so.

So much for AH getting network exposure. :whistle:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:44 am

Now this is interesting.
Nadine Cross was a major character in the novel, so if Heard is only in one episode it seems very likely that they might of recast her.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:53 am

I love Josh Boone, everything I've seen of him points to him being a really good guy but I am puzzled by this. Either he doesn't know or he figures she fits the character (who is not a good person). I was surprised to see mostly good comments on his IG post when he announced her official casting. I chimed in and sort of said "she shouldn't be getting roles", someone answered, condescendingly telling me once again that she was innocent :lol: . And then those comments were gone and by the next day, you could no longer comment on this particular post. So it's not like he was erasing specifically negative comments because mine was the only one.

After all, there are several actors who are pieces of :censored: and keep working, look at Terrence Howard, he admitted to beating up several of his partners and yet, Lee Daniels even said something like "oh poor Terrence" when he was being criticized, :lol: .

They start shooting in September, so there's still time to recast. Also, she obviously won't be in just one episode because as said above, Nadine Cross is a sizable character in the novel and Boone being a huge fan of The Stand and having worked on it for years, will try to stick as close as possible to the novel. Several of the actors on the IMDB listing are listed for only one as well and will obviously be in the whole thing.