The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
SnoopyDances

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:05 pm

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:24 pm

I have never heard of her but just reading the reaction on twitter I am excited, and have downloaded a show on Netflix with her in.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:19 am

Kathleen Zellner is one fireball, to be sure. She has the reputation for winning millions upon millions of dollars from wrongful convictions, civil rights and medical malpractice lawsuits. I'm very pleased to know she's on Johnny's legal team.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:29 am

:agreesign: Chocolat, really good news, i am happy. :applause2:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:12 pm

Johnny Depp hires famed attorney Kathleen Zellner in Amber Heard battle

Johnny Depp has armed himself with a major weapon in his epic legal battle against ex-wife Amber Heard.

Prominent “Making A Murderer” attorney Kathleen Zellner, who has famously worked to overturn wrongful convictions, has joined Depp’s legal team

The move comes after the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star lost his sensational libel suit in London against a newspaper columnist who labeled him a “wife-beater.” In March, Depp was refused permission to appeal against the ruling.

But Depp is also still suing Heard in the US, over a newspaper article in which she described being a victim of domestic abuse.

Zellner has confirmed she has joined Depp’s legal team for his US battle against Heard, and exclusively told Page Six in a statement, “I have spent the last 30 plus years defending individuals who have been falsely accused of wrongdoing.

“I welcome adding Johnny Depp to that list and joining his dream team who share this view and have so effectively been advocating for him.”

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/13/Johnny-d ... ber-heard/

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Please move this to a more appropriate place but I just have to write something. Amidst the pictures of JD today in Belgrave - the news that JD's producers/backers are producing a film with AH in. My eyes are still hurting from reading that but a few thoughts come to me:

This puts a lie to so many things.

1. JD is not stopping her getting work - in contrast to her lobbying Warner Bros and attempting to speak to JK Rowling.
2. These guys have an established relationship with JD - if AH was really abused, why would she make a film with her abuser's backers?
3. So painful that this was announced today - but that may not have been intentional - I mean it would have been intentional on AH's part but she may have jumped the gun and so a comment had to be made.
4. We simply don't know what else is going on. Might they be working with her to undermine her own claims?
5. Or it is possible I suppose that the dastardly EM has thrown a huge load of money at this.

One thing I simply do not understand is how anyone thinks she will make them money. She cannot act. She does not have a significant fan base.

I also think that she will never stop hounding him. It doesn't matter if he wins in Virginia, if the UK and or Australia bring charges of perjury. She will never let up as he once said.

So he will have to find peace and happiness regardless of her constantly trying to hurt him.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:30 pm

I think we should sit back and wait. There is other elements now in the works. Hiring Zellner is a big plus. AH may be set to oblivion by Zellner. If it was intentional from the backers, it is just another one to boycott.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:21 pm

You are right Granna - JD has been trending all day full of positivity for him and negativity for her - then she has just started trending - with everyone piling on with a WTF?

But as you say let's wait and see - because nothing with her is quite how it seems.

And we have another ninja lawyer onside.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:22 pm

PS if you haven't - listen to the most recent episode of Lbock's podcast because it is fascinating and I guarantee there will be so much you do not know about. Just brilliant Lbock thank you for the explanations.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:32 pm

That woman is so predictable. You can lay bets now that any time JD gets attention she will do something to try and get it taken away from him and put it on her. It's a sure winner!!! Anyone would be crazy to bet against that. She does this type of thing all the time. It's really pathetic. :dunce: :hypnotic: :smh:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:53 pm

First things first: congrats for JD today!

On a sidenote: I agree that he has hopefully found his way to deal with AHs manouvers, (aka ignore her) because she won't stop trying to get his attention. Will she try to turn to films made outside Hollywood like JD? You can bet on it in my opinion.

I only wish some of JDs latest films were shown in my country - I would like to support them and the cinemas showing them.

Kathleen Zellner: wow! Can we assume she will cross-examine AH and her "witnesses"? Or is it too little time to prepare her with all the details of the case?

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:44 pm

Someareborn: I truly believe that Zellner has unofficially been part of the Depp dream team for awhile. Now was the time to drop their first bomb. Elaine must be prepared for the worse. I bet this was planned.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:03 am

Spotted in the Australian press today (Murdoch's news.com.au).

Ioan Gruffudd is in the middle of divorce proceedings and has received threatening texts from his ex:
In a declaration attached to the restraining order, obtained by MailOnline and People, Gruffudd accused Evans, 53, of threatening to do to him “what Amber Heard did to Johnny Depp” when he told her he wanted a divorce in August 2020.

“Alice told me verbally multiple times that she would do to me what Amber Heard did to Johnny Depp,” Gruffudd wrote in the document, as he requested Evans stay 100m away from him at all times.

“Alice threatened to tell people I had abused her and our daughters; she threatened to call the police on me if I did not comply with her demands.

“She threatened to tell people I am a drug addict and put me in prison; she threatened to write a fake diary that reflected an abused victim, and to have the diary published; and she threatened to destroy my mother. Alice told me she would win, and everyone would believe her over me.”

He has taken out a restraining order on her. I find it interesting that industry insiders seem to know exactly what AH is up to.....

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:00 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:22 pm
PS if you haven't - listen to the most recent episode of Lbock's podcast because it is fascinating and I guarantee there will be so much you do not know about. Just brilliant Lbock thank you for the explanations.
Thank you so much. As an update re Adam Waldman Subpoena. He was scheduled to do his deposition on Feb 15 I think. On Feb 16 Adam filed to dismiss the appeal in DC to quash his Subpoena. I suspect things went extremely well

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:53 am

I wonder if something interesting happened or if the answer to every question was "Privileged". I suspect the latter. I think we saw a snippet of JD's deposition where they were questioning him on that and in his usual wonderful way, JD was highly amused by it and said at one point "I'm enjoying this".