The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
RumLover

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by RumLover » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 pm

TUG did an interview with Greg Ellis on Youtube. During this TUG said that there has been a discovery mediator appointed in Virginia case although this was not Depp side preference and this is why no new documents had been posted recently. TUG referred to a "source" and as TUG has had some documents and information early, I am inclined to think that he has a source connected with team Depp.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:49 pm

RumLover wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 pm
TUG did an interview with Greg Ellis on Youtube. During this TUG said that there has been a discovery mediator appointed in Virginia case although this was not Depp side preference and this is why no new documents had been posted recently. TUG referred to a "source" and as TUG has had some documents and information early, I am inclined to think that he has a source connected with team Depp.
Yes a discovery referee or in VA a conciliator. I confirm. I said this much earlier based in the pattern i saw with TMG. He confirmed it with his source

Note: Conciliation services are provided to all parties free of charge. Conciliators will neither ask for nor accept compensation for their services. Conciliation is provided solely as a public service by the Fairfax Bar Association to parties and their counsel litigating in Fairfax County.

All proceedings are informal and confidential.
https://www.fairfaxlawfoundation.org/page/4

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:52 am

Frustrating for us but sensible for him - given that all she wants to do is bury the other side with obstructions etc - Team JD can still go back to the judge and say they have in good faith tried the mediator and she still won't produce evidence, or whatever.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:27 am

Another shout out and big thanks to Lbock - not just for rallying the troops in the last couple of days but also for the updates on the case itself - check her twitter if you aren't up to date! I won't presume to copy your work here - but from the bottom of our hearts - THANK YOU.

Great news that they've given up harassing the LA police department. So presume they are no longer challenging these officers' records?

Also Lbock not sure if you've noticed but your appeal the other week for people to stop giving AH attention by tweeting (even negative tweets) - I think people have heeded you. Cheer yourselves up and (if you can bear it) type her name into twitter and search 'latest' - a tweet or two about her per hour most days (and still most are negative). Compare that to JD's!

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:26 pm

Thank you Adeleagain. Feel free to post any of my stuff. My daughter sold her house and moved in with her baby and hubby so have had my hands full. I hope I made a difference on Twitter. It got insane. I haven’t seen anything of AH in my feed.

So yes we have lots fillings in California all from Heard team opposing Johnny attempting to depose Eric George again. 10 questions. Judge A said they had to provide more info from George but ultimately California is the jurisdiction on the California subpoenas

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:49 pm

Finally got the ruling in NYC. Mostly all for Depp except documents specific to her Ambassadorship. Both ACLU execs must sit for their depositions
Lots of documents in these tweets. Enjoy reading

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:55 pm

:thankyou: LBock for your diligence! :hug:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:38 pm

Yes thank you again Lbock - this is really good news.

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:51 pm

Thank you so much for your valuable work , Lbock :rosegirl: !!!
I have great respect for you. But also think of yourself that you are fine, that is very important to me. :hug2:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:43 pm

You’re so very welcome ❤️

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 pm

I agree it's a great win but I still have my doubts whether the ACLU will comply with the court order.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:42 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 pm
I agree it's a great win but I still have my doubts whether the ACLU will comply with the court order.
I don’t know the whole process. For example, I don’t know if they can appeal. But fingers crossed

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Daily Mail came out with an exclusive. Maybe Depp team submitted it

Johnny won 23 out of 24 requests.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ement.html

Now a judge has granted 23 of the 24 requests in the actor’s ‘motion to compel’, meaning the organization must produce the paperwork relating to Heard’s charitable contributions.

The only thing Judge Arthur Engoron refused was a request for documents relating to the actress’s role as a ‘brand ambassador’ for the ACLU.

The judge ruled Depp ‘has satisfied the initial burden of stating the circumstances of reasons underlying the subpoena… the ACLU has failed to demonstrate that the information sought it utterly irrelevant to the action…

‘Thus, for the reasons stated herein, the petition is granted and denied in part and respondents are ordered to comply with all subpoenas with the exception of… documents pertaining to Ms Heard’s role as a brand ambassador for the ACLU.’

Depp’s victory follows Dailymail.com revealing in January that documents turned over by Children’s Hospital Los Angeles suggested they received only $100,000 – way short of the promised $3.5m 'gift'.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:21 pm

OK. Johnny filed in California against Eric George and Amber Heard for opposing to do another depo. I love how they point out how Her team twists the truth and outright lies at times.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:22 pm

Also mentioned in this document is confirmation the Virginia has appointed a Conciliator to the case (A discovery referee)
Only for discovery disputes. It is not binding. If either side disagrees with the referee, you can still go to the judge (but it is frowned upon not to somehow make it work). Also if the referee orders the one side to provide something and they don't, the otherside can file a compel mothing with Judge A