The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Someareborn
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Someareborn » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Will the VA trial be about all 12 incidents? Or about the original 3?

Adam seems to be a perfect fit to expose her publicly. But I question the legal strategy, I doubt that any pictures will have an impact, altough its a jury. In my opinion they need to focus on sworn testimony from Dr.Kipper and all the nurses, the doc in Australia....
I don't understand why they did not subpoena the medical professionals on this.

Also, to cross-examine her brutally.
Like, how do you know your nose was broken?
Which doctor could confirm it? Did you use makeup to hide the injuries you claim? Who did apply the makeup? What kind of makeup?
Get all the details about her crap to prove that she is lying constantly.
Otherwise, there is no way JD can win it, I guess.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1608
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:25 pm

The VA case is a different kind of trial. The UK case was about them doing an article calling JD a wife beater. They had to prove they were not telling lies and so they used her as their witness. In the VA trial Amber has to prove the article in the Washington Post was not written about him. It's going to be hard for her to bring up allegations when she has to defend herself that the article was not directed at him being abusive. I'm sure things from the UK trial will get dragged into this one (such as her lack of credibility) and her lawyer will try underhanded bullying tactics to bring things into it like she has been doing all along.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Someareborn
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Someareborn » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:04 pm

Thank you for your answer! I thought it was ruled already that the op-ed was indeed about JD, ergo, defaming him?
I am sorry if it was answered somewhere already.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1608
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:42 am

Someareborn wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:04 pm
Thank you for your answer! I thought it was ruled already that the op-ed was indeed about JD, ergo, defaming him?
I am sorry if it was answered somewhere already.
It a deformation claim against AH.

JD filed his complaint against her on 3/1/19

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 1_2019.pdf

AH kept trying to get the complaint dismissed but finally on 8/10/20 she filed her answer to the complaint and counterclaims against him.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 0-2020.pdf

On 12/30 the judge issued his opinion letter. He dismissed most of her counterclaims.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... -24-21.pdf
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:43 pm

Someareborn wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:10 am
This is what really :censored: !
That she got away with perjury on the stand and all the obvious lies. I have no hope that some of her friends will come forward about the hoax, there is just no reason to do it now! Two courts did not question their "evidence".

One thing that might creep up on her is the investigation in Australia. Maybe that will put a dent in her public image. Otherwise I agree with the other posts, she will turn on another level of her "activism" - and Deppheads will suffer through another year of her lies.
I read, that the investigation in Australia will be behind closed doors, any chance we get info on that?
I realize that everyone is really upset about this verdict. But the U.K court and the U.S. Courts are totally different. Just because she got away with perjury in the U.K. courts does not mean that she will get away with perjury in the U.S. court. The U.K court went very easy on her for her inconstancies. In the U.S courts they are allowed to confront a witness with inconsistent testimony. The attorney's are much more confrontational about lies. I am sure that Johnny's attorney's are anxious to examine Amber and her witness and confront them with their lies. I have no doubt that one of her witnesses will crack.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1608
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:18 pm

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:38 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:43 pm
Well the photo of them leaving a restaurant on the night she was supposedly beaten so badly - he was hiding a bruise under sunglasses.

Needless to say she looked flawless.

Disgustingly I saw and AH showing one of the close ups with a small bruise - I did a double take and checked Adam's photos. Nothing.

I suppose by this stage if you are still supporting her you are either mad or bad.
And so surprised, those Ago photos have never been brought up. I can only assume the timeline is the fight happened after dinner. But doesn't make sense to me, since she was supposed to go out to dinner with friends and she cancelled.

AdeleAgain
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:21 pm

Sorry I just realised a typo and we are not them - we correct when we get it wrong: an AH fan (not AH) tweeted one of Adam's photos with what looked like a bruise. I am sorry.

I wondered that as well about the Ago picture - but just because it was in the paper saying it was a particular day, may not make it true.

What we do know is that was the day she found out she was being prosecuted in the US - so likely she was furious and blamed him - for his film and plane and pen etc.

I am enjoying Adam's pictures but slightly annoyed they didn't come out in London - Greg is a friend of JD's surely he could have supplied them earlier - although let's be honest, it would have just been one more thing for the judge to ignore.

And now we've got texts between Whitney and JD coming out. Is anyone surprised that when Whitney was banished by AH, it was Johnny who kept in touch with her.

justintime
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Judymac wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:43 pm
I realize that everyone is really upset about this verdict. But the U.K court and the U.S. Courts are totally different. Just because she got away with perjury in the U.K. courts does not mean that she will get away with perjury in the U.S. court. The U.K court went very easy on her for her inconstancies. In the U.S courts they are allowed to confront a witness with inconsistent testimony. The attorney's are much more confrontational about lies. I am sure that Johnny's attorney's are anxious to examine Amber and her witness and confront them with their lies. I have no doubt that one of her witnesses will crack.
Thank you, Judymac, for your solid, straightforward reasoning. I’ve been slipping off the rails a bit since Thursday.

AH did, indeed, get off scot free with not one but several occasions of perjury - some so outlandish they were later dubbed hyperbole - in the U.K. Court. Her inconsistencies were outright excused or explained away by an infatuated clown sitting on the High Court bench, irreparably and singlehandedly embarrassing an historically revered justice system as he awaits retirement. The fine points of that initial travesty of blatant bias and injustice were grudgingly softened a tad by some condescension on the part of the CoA, (“two beacons of light” said AdeleAgain). Ultimately, the lazy final Judgement of the circled wagons of the CoA has now tainted the High Court into perpetuity, and likewise branded an innocent man with a hideous lie, also into perpetuity.

I am hoping with every fiber of my being you are right, Judymac, in your assessment of what to expect in the upcoming U.S. battle. I’ve yet to see Johnny’s team really take on the opposition in court, cutting them no quarter and leave them squirming. I hope they’re up to it.

Just in case, may the spirits of the unlikely but daunting trio of Hunter, Betty Sue, and Jerry Judge infuse Johnny’s team with the courage, fortitude, and wisdom necessary for a jury of Johnny’s peers to unequivocally certify his truth as The Truth, ad infinitum.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1608
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:24 pm

The judges didn't seem to care that AH abused JD because she was not the one on trial. Honestly, I don't think it would have made a difference how many pics he had of her abuse. None of those judges seemed interested in what she did to him.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1608
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:58 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:21 pm
Sorry I just realised a typo and we are not them - we correct when we get it wrong: an AH fan (not AH) tweeted one of Adam's photos with what looked like a bruise. I am sorry.

I wondered that as well about the Ago picture - but just because it was in the paper saying it was a particular day, may not make it true.

What we do know is that was the day she found out she was being prosecuted in the US - so likely she was furious and blamed him - for his film and plane and pen etc.

I am enjoying Adam's pictures but slightly annoyed they didn't come out in London - Greg is a friend of JD's surely he could have supplied them earlier - although let's be honest, it would have just been one more thing for the judge to ignore.

And now we've got texts between Whitney and JD coming out. Is anyone surprised that when Whitney was banished by AH, it was Johnny who kept in touch with her.
I know what post you are talking about and it looks nothing more than eye shadow to me. It's just another desperate attempt by her pathetic fans to try and convince people otherwise, imo.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Scout
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: New York City
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Scout » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:58 pm

Just a word about the defamation trial in VA. How is AH going to say it's not about Johnny? Who else was she abused by? And if it gets stipulated that it was about Johnny she needs to prove he did abuse her in order for it NOT to be defamation. Is that correct?

Scout
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: New York City
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Scout » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:17 pm

I amend one of previous questions. By who else does AH claim she was abused?

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1608
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:38 pm

Scout wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:58 pm
Just a word about the defamation trial in VA. How is AH going to say it's not about Johnny? Who else was she abused by? And if it gets stipulated that it was about Johnny she needs to prove he did abuse her in order for it NOT to be defamation. Is that correct?
Here is her answer to the complaint. He is suing her for deformation of character saying the article was written about him to defame him. She denies this and says other people helped her write the article.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 0-2020.pdf
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 54146
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:28 am

Another point to remember about US trials: the burden of proof is on the plaintiff (Johnny). His side must prove their claims. She does not need to prove innocence or guilt.

The plaintiff must rely on evidence and witness testimony to substantiate their claims.

The typical defense strategy is to discredit the plaintiff's claims/evidence. Or, at least, cause the jury to question the evidence/motives of the plaintiff. The defendant rarely testifies.