The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Inquiring Minds

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:00 pm

I just noticed over on John Brace's twitter feed there was a tweet from FMGiveMeTruth with a portion of a CNN article (regarding her non-existent donation of the $7m):
Heard said in a statement via her publicist "This is over and above any funds that I have given away in the past and will continue to give away in the future"
We know she didn't make the pledged donations. We know she love-bombed/blackmailed Elon into making donations in her name to part cover her promises re the divorce settlement, but what about the "and will continue to give away in the future" bit?

Does anyone know if she has given any of her actual funds to any charity since the divorce? We can rule out the CHLA and probably the ACLU, she skipped on AoE personally (but had Elon write a cheque). Anything else? Surely she would have been singing it from rooftops.

Has she turned her back on her pledges and given money to another charity altogether (with better reach and publicity)? Maybe to Bianca's go-fund-me page? A few dollars to get the ASPCA onside (paying a vet to put down Boo doesn't count)? Or the Smollett fraud defense fund? Maybe she bought a few more minutes of credibility for TimesUp and Robbie? Does feeding swarms of bots count?

Anything?

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:54 pm

Judymac wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:11 pm
Granna wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 pm
ForeverYoung: The timing is spot on. We all know there is more to come. There is going to be more - all men - all will suffer just from verbal allegations - with no proof. This 3rd wing movement to destroy men's lifes is in full swing. With AH leading the way. You can bet, we will see some subpoenas in JD's male friends now. AH is so desperate, she'll try to take any and all down to the depths of the underworld, so Heard can rule the world of these 3rd wing group. Power, glory, money and revenge is all she will seek.
Amber Heard can try to subpoena anyone she wants. The bad acts of his friends can not be used against Johnny in court.. A judge would not allow Marilyn Manson's conduct to be brought up because Marilyn'sMansons conduct is not on trial.
Thanks, but I was not referring to trial. What I was tring to say was that Heard is trying to turn JD's fans against him. One twitter person already made a not so nice comment about JD being friends with MM and then decided she wanted proof before she believed any of the articles.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Inquiring Minds

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:41 pm

Just In:

Up in Flames / SpaceX Starship test flight ends in fiery crash, again

Over at The Guardian (but I wont give the link).

The thumbnail image was what looked like Amber's career. Shame about the space program setback, but maybe karma that both the UK appeal and the SpaceX crash-and-burn happened at the same time?

I think the Starship may have problems with a crooked thruster.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:45 pm

Musk posted he will be off twitter for a while which of course raises a lot of questions.

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:38 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:54 pm
Judymac wrote:
Granna wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 pm
ForeverYoung: The timing is spot on. We all know there is more to come. There is going to be more - all men - all will suffer just from verbal allegations - with no proof. This 3rd wing movement to destroy men's lifes is in full swing. With AH leading the way. You can bet, we will see some subpoenas in JD's male friends now. AH is so desperate, she'll try to take any and all down to the depths of the underworld, so Heard can rule the world of these 3rd wing group. Power, glory, money and revenge is all she will seek.
Amber Heard can try to subpoena anyone she wants. The bad acts of his friends can not be used against Johnny in court.. A judge would not allow Marilyn Manson's conduct to be brought up because Marilyn'sMansons conduct is not on trial.
Thanks, but I was not referring to trial. What I was tring to say was that Heard is trying to turn JD's fans against him. One twitter person already made a not so nice comment about JD being friends with MM and then decided she wanted proof before she believed any of the articles.
OK I apologize for the misunderstanding. They might be trying to turn Johnny's fans against him, but I think they are underestimating the loyalty of Johnny's fans. We know that Johnny Depp is a kind, gentle soul. My favorite pictures of Johnny are when he is talking to children. He always gets down to their level to talk to them. Nobody will ever convince me that he is a bad person. Johnny talks gently to children while Amber lies about giving money to sick children We (Johnny fans) need to stick together.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:52 pm

Judymac wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:38 pm
ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:54 pm
Judymac wrote:

OK I apologize for the misunderstanding. They might be trying to turn Johnny's fans against him, but I think they are underestimating the loyalty of Johnny's fans. We know that Johnny Depp is a kind, gentle soul. My favorite pictures of Johnny are when he is talking to children. He always gets down to their level to talk to them. Nobody will ever convince me that he is a bad person. Johnny talks gently to children while Amber lies about giving money to sick children We (Johnny fans) need to stick together.
I think from the beginning she was under estimating the loyalty of the JD fans even when her friends and colleagues were telling her not to do what she did but she did not listen. Then a few years later she started showing up up at rallies that nobody attends except a few friends saying she received backlash and shame. I guess trying to talk sense into that one is like hitting your head on a brick wall. :banghead2:

AdeleAgain

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:45 am

The appeal decision has actually been picked up in the media.

I agree that she underestimated his fans loyalty and she surely did not anticipate he would become more treasured through all of this. My amateur psychology view is that she hooked JD, and given her personality that inflated her ego and sense of herself. But she was probably frustrated she wasn't immediately propelled in huge movies etc and blamed him for not 'supporting her' ie landing her jobs. Then she landed Aquaman (I think WB liked the idea of husband and wife in different franchises), had Elon primed, and so no longer needed him. She went from being with the biggest movie star in the world to being with one of the richest men in the world and hence another rocket fuelled boost to her ego. She is then in a movie which makes a load of money and rather than asking herself "did I honestly contribute to this or was I lucky and should just make the most of my luck in a humble way .....!!!!" - she then swanned about as if she was an A-lister in her own right.

In a different set of circumstances, she could actually be doing really well right now. If she had gone with a dignified divorce, spoken about him in nice terms afterwards (he would either have said nothing or been gracious and hidden the abuse) - what would have been the result? She could have legitimately kept her seven million, enjoyed her success in Aquman and then would have been offered plenty of cheesey, rom-com type things - which is probably her genre and would have kept the dollars rolling in.

But by deciding she had to take JD down because people had the audacity to question her motives (and because he had the audacity to leave her) - she is now almost universally disliked.

Given that she probably is not good at self reflection - I imagine her sitting in her modest-by-movie-star-standards house in LA thinking - I am/was in a major franchise, I "won" the court case, I've ridden the wave of MeToo. WHY DO THEY ALL HATE ME?

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:01 pm

I think it's only a matter of time before Amber asks to be present at the hearing in London just to show her face and harass Johnny.

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Forever Young: she needs to stay relevant. She is finding out the hard way that her p*** flick that she did for YouTube did not go over very well. I guess she doesn't want to flip burgers for a living.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:13 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:01 pm
I think it's only a matter of time before Amber asks to be present at the hearing in London just to show her face and harass Johnny.
I hope as a witness she would not be allowed

AdeleAgain

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:53 pm

I believe only the barristers will be present.

Ok I cannot believe I am going down this rabbit hole again. I didn't think she would be able to show her face after the tapes - but now she's got the charity problem. I still marvel at how she attempted to explain away the confessions on the tapes - but as the Judge so kindly reminded us, those were said under oath.

With the donations, she wrote it in her witness statement (as well as saying it v clearly on TV). Surely she cannot want to show up in a UK court again?

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 pm

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:00 pm
I just noticed over on John Brace's twitter feed there was a tweet from FMGiveMeTruth with a portion of a CNN article (regarding her non-existent donation of the $7m):
Heard said in a statement via her publicist "This is over and above any funds that I have given away in the past and will continue to give away in the future"
We know she didn't make the pledged donations. We know she love-bombed/blackmailed Elon into making donations in her name to part cover her promises re the divorce settlement, but what about the "and will continue to give away in the future" bit?

Does anyone know if she has given any of her actual funds to any charity since the divorce? We can rule out the CHLA and probably the ACLU, she skipped on AoE personally (but had Elon write a cheque). Anything else? Surely she would have been singing it from rooftops.

Has she turned her back on her pledges and given money to another charity altogether (with better reach and publicity)? Maybe to Bianca's go-fund-me page? A few dollars to get the ASPCA onside (paying a vet to put down Boo doesn't count)? Or the Smollett fraud defense fund? Maybe she bought a few more minutes of credibility for TimesUp and Robbie? Does feeding swarms of bots count?

Anything?
I think she spent a lot of the money on herself. It's sad that she threw a temper tantrum when Johnny said that he would give the money directly to the charities. It sounded like Johnny did not trust her to donate the money and it turns out that her had good reasons not to trust her.

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:38 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:45 am
The appeal decision has actually been picked up in the media.

I agree that she underestimated his fans loyalty and she surely did not anticipate he would become more treasured through all of this. My amateur psychology view is that she hooked JD, and given her personality that inflated her ego and sense of herself. But she was probably frustrated she wasn't immediately propelled in huge movies etc and blamed him for not 'supporting her' ie landing her jobs. Then she landed Aquaman (I think WB liked the idea of husband and wife in different franchises), had Elon primed, and so no longer needed him. She went from being with the biggest movie star in the world to being with one of the richest men in the world and hence another rocket fuelled boost to her ego. She is then in a movie which makes a load of money and rather than asking herself "did I honestly contribute to this or was I lucky and should just make the most of my luck in a humble way .....!!!!" - she then swanned about as if she was an A-lister in her own right.

In a different set of circumstances, she could actually be doing really well right now. If she had gone with a dignified divorce, spoken about him in nice terms afterwards (he would either have said nothing or been gracious and hidden the abuse) - what would have been the result? She could have legitimately kept her seven million, enjoyed her success in Aquman and then would have been offered plenty of cheesey, rom-com type things - which is probably her genre and would have kept the dollars rolling in.

But by deciding she had to take JD down because people had the audacity to question her motives (and because he had the audacity to leave her) - she is now almost universally disliked.

Given that she probably is not good at self reflection - I imagine her sitting in her modest-by-movie-star-standards house in LA thinking - I am/was in a major franchise, I "won" the court case, I've ridden the wave of MeToo. WHY DO THEY ALL HATE ME?
This is an excellent analysis!

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:44 pm

Judymac wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 pm
Inquiring Minds wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Anything?
I think she spent a lot of the money on herself. It's sad that she threw a temper tantrum when Johnny said that he would give the money directly to the charities. It sounded like Johnny did not trust her to donate the money and it turns out that her had good reasons not to trust her.
She also said that she was going to give a women's shelter in Arizona for battered wives money when she wins or settles against Doug Stanhope but she dropped the lawsuit and so as to my knowledger, the shelter got nothing.

Inquiring Minds

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm

I remember that happening and thought she made a non-specific claim she would donate to some (unnamed) shelter in Arizona. When someone polled the various shelters, none had been approached. Poor memory, I could be wrong.

Imo, she was just making a PR statement she figured she could easily wriggle out of later. She had already had problems trying (unsuccessfully) to get the initial Depp payment of $100,00 back from CHLA and figured she wanted complete payment in her hand (to spend on herself) without any charities saying "what about me?" (as (later?) happened with AoE)