The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:36 pm

I wanted to edit my post.

I really liked #12 in Granna's post. That was a great description of AH.

Also, one thing I think we must keep in mind is that (in my opinion) AH has no morals. She wants what she wants and will do whatever she has to do to get it. So, it does not surprise me that she and her unscrupulous attorneys are wanting to subpoena the whole world and to cause delays. Anyone who would lie about giving money to a children's hospital is capable of trying anything. Eventually he judge will get tired of her antics and tell her side that they have to move forward.

Inquiring Minds

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:34 pm

Judymac wrote:
I don't think that Johnny is going to just give this up. He has a lot invested in this trial. It is not just about the money, it is his reputation. The UK trail was a travesty. I think he feels that he must go forward with this trial and also appeal the UK trial. He must get his good name back.
I think this is correct. As you said, the judge won't be able to just throw it out because one of the parties is pissing him/her off. But I think all of her shenanigans will not go unnoticed when it comes time to direct the jury, disallow "evidence" etc.

And the world has essentially sided with Johnny, now it has to be given legal weight. The continued trolling by Amber's paid agents will not cease as long as arse-clown Nicol's verdict stands. And until both pubic and legal opinion are the same, AH's lies will keep getting traction.

As depressing as the delays are, I think that the longer this goes without a trial, the worse it gets for Amber.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:54 pm

Even IF Johnny decided to end this, Amber's Counterclaim still stands. They would have to mutually agree to settle it. Johnny can't just drop it.

Inquiring Minds

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks Lbock :)
Even IF Johnny decided to end this, Amber's Counterclaim still stands. They would have to mutually agree to settle it. Johnny can't just drop it.
Yes, a not so subtle point I completely overlooked. She lies and provokes and forces others to respond to defend themselves. At every turn she seems to want to dig that hole deeper for herself. Without the counterclaim, she could maybe make this go quiet and let it wash over (wouldn't happen, but she could hope). Instead she escalates.

I guess her stans are pushing this concept of "reactive abuse" (ie avoiding or fleeing a fight, either physical or the verbal altercation that would inevitably lead to her "losing it" and violently lashing out) becomes justification for a physical attack - "he made me do it". She defames him, he takes legal action to correct the record, she "reacts" to being held accountable and has to attack him with a counterclaim - her defense against him daring to defend himself is to double down and try to crush him (just because he is being so mean to her).

Another thing that just occurred to me during endless reviews: Nicol attributes great weight to AH's sworn hearsay and allegations, yet appears to totally ignore her sworn statements and testimony in CA, 2016 (on video no less, smirks and all) as she admits to perjuring herself on the stand and finally confesses to "whatever I said on the tape" (ie I was assaulting JD). The judge even gets to see the perjury for himself in vivid technicolor (albeit with an Amish palette).

AdeleAgain

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:01 am

Inquiring Minds you are so right.

The perjury she committed on camera in 2016 and the fact she so blatantly changed her sorry from the incoherent and incredible account of her running from him in 2016 to the 2020 version where she punched him because he might have fallen asleep and hurt himself - and the fact she contradicts herself on that same 2016 camera saying she only hit him once (on the stairs incident defending baby sister) having just been heard apologising for hitting him and claiming "whenever he was hit" - makes me rage to this day!

Just that section alone seems such a slam dunk to me. Plus the fact that the 2016 footage - her body language and words - are, well ..... the reaction of every body language expert who has reviewed it plus the common sense general public - can see, she was making it up as she went along having been caught out.

Yet she seems to get away with these things - how is she going to twist out of the charity receipts? She will try to. If she can pivot the way she did in the 2016 deposition, and the way she and her sister just changed the dates of incidents the 2020 case - she will be formulating something on the non-giving. You have to think that eventually all this will catch up with her, surely!!

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:35 pm

One of Amber Heard's friends is now coming forward against Marilyn Manson of alleged abuse. A few others have posted their own "stories" on the friend's IG account saying they were also abused by him but how can we believe any of them? How do we know they aren't friends of Amber's also or paid for commenters? Why do I have a feeling Heard is behind this to try and get JD's fans to turn against him for being friends with Manson? Oh I know...because none of her friends tell the truth.

https://www.fairfieldchampion.com.au/st ... /?cs=12742

The friend spoke out in support of Heard a few years ago.

https://www.toronto.com/whatson-story/6 ... ber-heard/
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:50 pm

Another tactic by AH. This is just the beginning here. AH will go after everyone of his friends, girlfriends and family. Team Heard is losing big time now - Twitter, LAPD, & Disney. She is grasping at anything and everything - as is human nature to reach out to keep from drowning. I am sure, JD's family and friends are somewhat prepared for this. If there had been any truth to this B.S., it would have come out in 2016 - when the Me2 movement was exploding. As we all know Rocky, Io, Josh, Whitney. & her friends ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Great video about the Heard/Disney case in CA

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:43 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:35 pm
One of Amber Heard's friends is now coming forward against Marilyn Manson of alleged abuse. A few others have posted their own "stories" on the friend's IG account saying they were also abused by him but how can we believe any of them? How do we know they aren't friends of Amber's also or paid for commenters? Why do I have a feeling Heard is behind this to try and get JD's fans to turn against him for being friends with Manson? Oh I know...because none of her friends tell the truth.

https://www.fairfieldchampion.com.au/st ... /?cs=12742

The friend spoke out in support of Heard a few years ago.

https://www.toronto.com/whatson-story/6 ... ber-heard/
This type of story is clickbait. It does not matter if it is the truth or a lie. It is completely irrelevant to this case. Marilyn Manson's actions do no have anything to do with the Johnny vs AH case. I refuse to click on these stories. All that does is give the author of the story money and makes it look like people are interested in this story. I really wish people would stop clicking on these stories. When you click on this type of story you make them more popular. This will lead to other people recycling this story.

Inquiring Minds

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:17 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
You have to think that eventually all this will catch up with her, surely!!
You would think so wouldn't you AdeleAgain? Sigh, unfortunately, the bizarro universe we seem to inhabit could actually favour her. Like Dark Matter and Dark Energy, maybe there's some sort of Dark Karma that rewards evil.

In the usual manner of rapidly reporting then extinguishing news related to women committing violence against men, this ABC (Australia) story was reported yesterday but was buried by this morning.

[In summary] A year ago Wendie-Sue Dent was sentenced to 25 to life for murdering her husband. She was released yesterday (pending another trial) when the conviction was quashed. The reason to quash was scary imo and has direct bearing on how Amber may squirm out of all this:
"The complexity and interaction of the various categories of lies, which were relied on for different reasons, required clear and careful directions tailored to each particular category," the Court of Criminal Appeal found.
It should be noted the appeal judge essentially said (mutiple times) Wendie-Sue was guilty as the jury had found, but the verdict had to be overturned on technical grounds. But those grounds were that she lied so much, for so long and the lies were so complex and interwoven that they had to be dissected thoroughly before the jury could be instructed properly. Her lies were so extensive they had to be split into categories and classes of lies before they could be properly analysed. Motivations and goals and the groups of objectives will need to be determined first. She lied about small and big things. Sound familiar?

Now this murderer is wandering the community unrestricted (I'm inferring because the article made no mention of bail, remand or similar). And still lying her arse off no doubt. She has served one year only and may never face trial again, despite any undertaking to schedule a retrial.

And the sole reason she is free is because she lies about everything, is recognised as lying about everything, lied under oath in court about everything. She can't be convicted because the rabbit hole she has dug has so many branches and hidey-holes the whole warren has to be 3D mapped before she can be convicted.

Jen Robinson is Australian, you can bet she will be all over this.

Agreed re MM being targeted for ties to JD. JD stands innocent with no convictions or even arrests. MM stands innocent against these allegations. It is up to his accusers to provide solid evidence (not hearsay) to prove any allegations they make. The pile-on has started though, some people apparently associated with Amber. Go figure.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:42 pm

It's pretty clear to me that Amber will do anything to turn JD's fans (or people on the fence) against him because he is friends with MM. Watch..a certain UK tabloid will most likely run a story about "Johnny Depp's Friend" allegations. It is true that the MM articles have nothing to do with this case, but in a way they do, imo, because it reveals to me the lengths Amber and/or her bullying tactic underhanded maneuvers her new lawyers and PR are doing with this case.

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:54 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:42 pm
It's pretty clear to me that Amber will do anything to turn JD's fans (or people on the fence) against him because he is friends with MM. Watch..a certain UK tabloid will most likely run a story about "Johnny Depp's Friend" allegations. It is true that the MM articles have nothing to do with this case, but in a way they do, imo, because it reveals to me the lengths Amber and/or her bullying tactic underhanded maneuvers her new lawyers and PR are doing with this case.
Evan Rachel Wood defended AH as far back as 2016/2017. I wouldn't doubt this is another conspiracy AH has worked out with ERW to benefit both of them.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:11 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:54 pm
ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:42 pm
Evan Rachel Wood defended AH as far back as 2016/2017. I wouldn't doubt this is another conspiracy AH has worked out with ERW to benefit both of them.
MM got dropped from his record label because of these allegations without proof just like Disney dropped JD after what that :censored: did to him. I don't believe the timing of Wood's IG posting is coincidence.

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 pm

ForeverYoung: The timing is spot on. We all know there is more to come. There is going to be more - all men - all will suffer just from verbal allegations - with no proof. This 3rd wing movement to destroy men's lifes is in full swing. With AH leading the way. You can bet, we will see some subpoenas in JD's male friends now. AH is so desperate, she'll try to take any and all down to the depths of the underworld, so Heard can rule the world of these 3rd wing group. Power, glory, money and revenge is all she will seek.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:06 pm

Granna wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 pm
ForeverYoung: The timing is spot on. We all know there is more to come. There is going to be more - all men - all will suffer just from verbal allegations - with no proof. This 3rd wing movement to destroy men's lifes is in full swing. With AH leading the way. You can bet, we will see some subpoenas in JD's male friends now. AH is so desperate, she'll try to take any and all down to the depths of the underworld, so Heard can rule the world of these 3rd wing group. Power, glory, money and revenge is all she will seek.
Well she's going to be out of work for a long time, if she ever works again, and will have a lot of free time on her hands so yes, I agree with you, and I also believe she will do it for attention just to stay relevant.

Filing papers and asking for sanctions against Disney was not a smart move on her part. Her new lawyers are not doing her any favors.