The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:01 am

Judymac wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:53 am
Nick has all the transcripts on his web page. He changed his site so it has been harder to open the documents. I have had success using Google Chrome. I hope that you can open the documents. Amber Heard changes her stories many times. It is ridiculous that anyone would believe her.
I had trouble printing some of the documents, especially the last transcript. I tried every which way but it would not work. Eventually I made it a PDF and converted it to Word format and then I was finally able to print.

I believe Ms. Laws was right. Amber was making things up as she goes along. All of a sudden she threw info she never said in statements or depositions and Mr. Sherborne confirmed what I have been saying all along - that is, she blames everyone else for her own mistakes.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Snowcat
Posts: 2312
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am
Location: Little Britain, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Snowcat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:09 am

Moonbeam wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Has anyone seen the video of Johnny leaving the courthouse today after his closing arguments.?
I am angry at AH having the Audacity to give a speech before court proceedings have even concluded!! :grr:
I would just like to see his triumphal exit from this nightmare!! :bouquet:
I was angry at first, too. Then, I thought, wait a minute! If she feels the need to say that, it is just another "emphasis" on what she has done and a cover up, needing to have the final word. Her claiming that she stands on her testimony, I later thought (after my anger subsided), yeah, go ahead, stand on your testimony, chicky, your lying, twisted, ever changing false testimony because many will never believe your word as truth. And I also don't buy that she did not want to be there. Pfffft, she could not wait for the chance to rip him apart, even further, on a public stage. To prove she was a victim, to talk the talk and walk the walk of insisting she's a humanitarian, to uphold herself as an example, to be the strong woman who goes to battle and proves that she has the guts to speak for herself, has the courage to endure such an ordeal, and indirectly, here, to "model" for those who cannot speak for themselves. She enjoyed every minute of this drama, as narcissists do! IMO, the more they need to insist, especially without being prompted, the more untrue their claim looks. I would love to see his triumphant exit, too!! :kiss:
He said, "Wow, Very Nice!", and signed my painting. TIFF 2015.

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 am

Lbock wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 pm
This is why Whitney was facing Amber on the staircase - to protect Johnny
She said: “Whitney testified about a violent incident in 2015. Whitney said she had to go live with her employer, where she had to sleep on their floor. I am that employer. This is not what I was told to be true. Whitney came to live in the guest room, not on my floor. Whitney told me she tried to stop Amber from attacking Johnny.

“Whitney said when she tried to intervene, Amber nearly pushed Whitney down the stairs. She told me she was worried Amber ‘was going to kill Johnny’.”
Whitney’s ex boss has just been subpoenaed by Depp team for a deposition for Fairfax in August

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... -28-20.pdf

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:59 am

Lbock wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 am
Whitney’s ex boss has just been subpoenaed by Depp team fir a deposition for Fairfax in August
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... -28-20.pdf
That's wonderful,
:applause: :yahoo:

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:22 am

Snowcat wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:09 am
Moonbeam wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Has anyone seen the video of Johnny leaving the courthouse today after his closing arguments.?
I am angry at AH having the Audacity to give a speech before court proceedings have even concluded!! :grr:
I would just like to see his triumphal exit from this nightmare!! :bouquet:
I was angry at first, too. Then, I thought, wait a minute! If she feels the need to say that, it is just another "emphasis" on what she has done and a cover up, needing to have the final word. Her claiming that she stands on her testimony, I later thought (after my anger subsided), yeah, go ahead, stand on your testimony, chicky, your lying, twisted, ever changing false testimony because many will never believe your word as truth. And I also don't buy that she did not want to be there. Pfffft, she could not wait for the chance to rip him apart, even further, on a public stage. To prove she was a victim, to talk the talk and walk the walk of insisting she's a humanitarian, to uphold herself as an example, to be the strong woman who goes to battle and proves that she has the guts to speak for herself, has the courage to endure such an ordeal, and indirectly, here, to "model" for those who cannot speak for themselves. She enjoyed every minute of this drama, as narcissists do! IMO, the more they need to insist, especially without being prompted, the more untrue their claim looks. I would love to see his triumphant exit, too!! :kiss:
I believe somebody here (can't remember who) owes me a drink :biggrin: , because this is what I have been saying all along. She couldn't wait to get herself on that stand and trash him with lies and let's not forget, she went there on her own free will.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:28 am

Last day of court and he looks happy.

Image
Image
Image

He gave out gifts to some of the fans

Image
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

hollyberry
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:01 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:42 pm

He looks fabulous, hopefully he'll be able to put this behind him soon, Heard, I suspect, won't.

Just like to say on a completely different forum someone has cited this case of an example of how women can be the abusers in a relationship. Nice to see people are seeing the truth.

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:44 pm

Greef claims to be a defamation lawyer and would come t at TMZ quite allot back in 2016. He’s got some brilliant comments on recent DM articles. Here are is recent ones

He projects the Sun have not proven their case

justintime
Posts: 1799
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm

Judymac wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:05 am
Heard gave a statement outside the court, saying it had been painful to relive the break-up and have her truth and motives questioned. “I stand by my testimony, and I now place my faith in British justice,” she said.
Which version of your testimony are they to believe Ms Heard
Well, there you go, Judymac, with the absolutely most appropriate comment possible without descending to her arrogant level.

THANK YOU! :daisyforyou
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3403
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:01 pm

Judymac wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:59 am
Lbock wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 am
Whitney’s ex boss has just been subpoenaed by Depp team fir a deposition for Fairfax in August
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... -28-20.pdf
That's wonderful,
:applause: :yahoo:
It really is :love:
Just a shame it took her four years to gather enough courage to tell the world ...

AdeleAgain
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:18 pm

ForeverYoung - it is me, I owe you a drink. Send me a private message with your address and I shall honour that and send you something!

A few thoughts on this (you didn't think I could say nothing more did you?)

In the beginning she fought tooth and nail not to appear, even instructing a lawyer to fight it. I think she was forced into it by the Sun (we've seen what their lawyer are like) and I suspect she both enjoyed herself (limelight, even negative attention is attention) and hated it (being questioned and criticised without a free range to go back).

Greef made a very good point about who was present at her little speech - I don't think Wass or Wolanski came out even once to stand with her did they? I know they aren't her lawyers but nonetheless they were never pictured with her - whereas lovely Sherbie was hugging JD.

Also I will say it again - NGN left her hanging out to dry. Wonder what she thinks of Dan Wootten running away from this fight which he started.

I am now going to pour wine and enjoy Mr Sherborne's skeleton closing argument. Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's proceedings. Beautifully phrased.

User avatar
myfave
Posts: 6175
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: South
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:21 pm

meeps wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:01 pm
Judymac wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:59 am
Lbock wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 am
Whitney’s ex boss has just been subpoenaed by Depp team fir a deposition for Fairfax in August
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... -28-20.pdf
That's wonderful,
:applause: :yahoo:
It really is :love:
Just a shame it took her four years to gather enough courage to tell the world ...
What info does Whitney’s ex boss have that is helpful to Johnny?
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

User avatar
Victory
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:31 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Victory » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:44 pm

Lbock wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 am
Lbock wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 pm
This is why Whitney was facing Amber on the staircase - to protect Johnny
She said: “Whitney testified about a violent incident in 2015. Whitney said she had to go live with her employer, where she had to sleep on their floor. I am that employer. This is not what I was told to be true. Whitney came to live in the guest room, not on my floor. Whitney told me she tried to stop Amber from attacking Johnny.

“Whitney said when she tried to intervene, Amber nearly pushed Whitney down the stairs. She told me she was worried Amber ‘was going to kill Johnny’.”
Whitney’s ex boss has just been subpoenaed by Depp team for a deposition for Fairfax in August

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... -28-20.pdf
:loveshower: :spin: :harhar: :loveshower: :spin: :harhar: :loveshower: :spin: :harhar:

This is a great exclamation point on what I believe was a triumphant chapter for Johnny in this saga

User avatar
Theresa
JDZ Webmaster
Posts: 27240
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 am
Location: Houston, Texas
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Theresa » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:34 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:18 pm
ForeverYoung - it is me, I owe you a drink. Send me a private message with your address and I shall honour that and send you something!

A few thoughts on this (you didn't think I could say nothing more did you?)

In the beginning she fought tooth and nail not to appear, even instructing a lawyer to fight it. I think she was forced into it by the Sun (we've seen what their lawyer are like) and I suspect she both enjoyed herself (limelight, even negative attention is attention) and hated it (being questioned and criticised without a free range to go back).

Greef made a very good point about who was present at her little speech - I don't think Wass or Wolanski came out even once to stand with her did they? I know they aren't her lawyers but nonetheless they were never pictured with her - whereas lovely Sherbie was hugging JD.

Also I will say it again - NGN left her hanging out to dry. Wonder what she thinks of Dan Wootten running away from this fight which he started.

I am now going to pour wine and enjoy Mr Sherborne's skeleton closing argument. Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's proceedings. Beautifully phrased.
Part of the reason those lawyers weren't present with her at that time...was that they were still in the middle of closing arguments in court. I can't imagine the defending attorneys getting up and leaving court while the prosecution was making their closing arguments.

Of course that makes her little "show" even more egregious. She stood on the steps of the courthouse and made a statement--as a witness, not as the defendant--WHILE court was still in progress.

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 52630
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake
Status: Online

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:40 pm

myfave wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:21 pm
meeps wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:01 pm
Judymac wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:59 am


That's wonderful,
:applause: :yahoo:
It really is :love:
Just a shame it took her four years to gather enough courage to tell the world ...
What info does Whitney’s ex boss have that is helpful to Johnny?
There is a link on page 313 to The Mirror article that states her former boss says Whitney told her that she was protecting Johnny from Amber on the steps, not the other way around. :spin: