The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
AdeleAgain

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed May 20, 2020 5:39 am

From recollection - going from AH's statement and arm waving horror story about her baby sister, and one of Brian's videos linking up that with the witness statement of one of the body guards (maybe Travis ) - Whitney was supposedly there when AH hit Johnny the one and only time.

So if Whitney concurs with AH's evidence, this will be contradicted by a body guard whom I think no longer works for Johnny.

Plus there is circumstantial evidence that Johnny was supposed to have delivered this beating whilst his hand was in plaster after the finger chopping.

Have I got this right? I think that's the incident.

It is one thing for Whitney to say she saw bruises (but she didn't see how they happened, but believed her sister when she said she was beaten) and she saw (and photographed) wrecked closets and believed her sister when she said JD did it.

But is she going to go to the next step and say - I jumped in when JD was beating Amber? And what's she going to say about the bruise after 21 May incident? Multiple witnesses have said it wasn't there. Whitney was there all week, up close.

I'd love to know the details of which of the Sun's witnesses have been compelled to give evidence (as Adam said in one of his statements) and which of them is doing it voluntarily.

Did someone on here say that Melanie had tried to escape being questioned by spending lockdown out of California?

smithyn76

Unread post by smithyn76 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:06 am

Oh, man, reading all this stuff about what has been going on, is going on and wil be going on, makes my head :headache: explode.
It really reads like the script of a horror-crime-thriller, only difference that this actually happend and poor :tear: Johnny was the victim in all this from day one.

I truly hope that he wins :ok: this case against the Sun, one of the world's biggest and ugliest tabloid papers around. Uugh. :yuck:

Thanks :thankyou: to all of you guys, who are providing the rest of us with all the new information about his legal cases/situation. :-) Your hard detective work is really appreciated. Thanks :thanks!: again. :applause2:

Hopefully his two children will never be approached about this, to testitfy regarding their dad's behavior, even though I strongly believe they would, if it would help to clear their beloved father's name.
:zoner: EVOLVE THE FUTURE - Dr. Will Caster, Professor at Berkeley :zoner:

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 am

AdeleAgain:

This is such an unholy cluster, it's hard to keep everything straight. Thank goodness for Adam and Ben.

I believe you are right. I do not believe JD's security guard is still working for him. However, he did give a statement and would testify on JD's side.

All of the mess with her sister, Whitney, would be only hearsay. If I remember correctly, Whitney stated that she never saw JD raise his hand to Amber.

I thought JD was at his home recuperating from his surgery, away from her. Not to mention a few over night visits to the hospital because of MRSA. I thought AH wasn't around.

The destroyed closet? I read they had not seen each other for a month, before the blow-up. The police didn't see anything, so where is the time frame on this?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed May 20, 2020 9:54 am

AdeleAgain: Granny:

March 2015 was the incident with Whitney and Johnny was in a cast and "trashed her condo/closet". Kevin Murphy, his property manager, was sent pictures. He apparently no longer works for Johnny and I don't think is in California.

I didn't find any reference to this in Johnny's filing. I do remember allot going on with TMG telling Johnny to cut back on spending. It's quiet possible the rumors are true that she was racking up the credit cards month after month even after he set a limit. It's possible he could have messed up her racks of clothes, bags and shoes regarding her wasting all his money on this stuff. But that is just speculation on my part.

The Sun has had the UK Judge compel: LAPD two officers, Laura Divenere and "Makeup Melanie" Inglaisis
I think it is standard to have to compel the police to give testimony and have it on record, rather than they just volunteer like other witnesses for defense or plantiff.

Regarding Melanie:
SCHEDULING NOTICE by Magistrate Judge Patrick J. Walsh: Non-party witness Melanie Inglessis has filed a motion to quash an order requiring her to testify in a case now pending in the United Kingdom. Petitioners may file a response no later than May 29, 2020. Ms. Inglessis's reply, if any, is due one week later, on June 5, 2020. Thereafter, the Court will hold a hearing on June 10, 2020, at 1:30 PST. THERE IS NO PDF DOCUMENT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ENTRY. (es)
This is Laura D opposition to being compelled, Judge overruled and ordered her

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed May 20, 2020 10:10 am

Note on what I posted re Melanie Quashing the motion.
Good to see that California Court accepted her motion and scheduled hearings on it. Probably via Video??? but the California court doing businss is a good sign.Monday, May 18, 2020
14 textonly Text Only Scheduling Notice Mon 05/18 2:00 PM
SCHEDULING NOTICE by Magistrate Judge Patrick J. Walsh: Non-party witness Melanie Inglessis has filed a motion to quash an order requiring her to testify in a case now pending in the United Kingdom. Petitioners may file a response no later than May 29, 2020. Ms. Inglessis's reply, if any, is due one week later, on June 5, 2020. Thereafter, the Court will hold a hearing on June 10, 2020, at 1:30 PST. THERE IS NO PDF DOCUMENT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ENTRY. (es)
Saturday, May 16, 2020
13 motion Quash Sat 05/16 11:44 AM
NOTICE OF MOTION AND MOTION to Quash ORDER COMPELLING MELANIE INGLESSIS TO PROVIDE TESTIMONY IN FOREIGN PROCEEDING UNDER 28 U.S.C. §1782 (DKT. 7) filed by Respondent Melanie Inglessis. Motion set for hearing on 6/15/2020 at 01:30 PM before Magistrate Judge Patrick J. Walsh. (Goldstein, Anya)
https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/cas ... _Inglessis

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed May 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks as always Lbock.

My understanding of the situation regarding Laura Divinere is that she has provided a witness statement which her lawyer confirms she stands by, but she does not wish to be called on for court.

I am not sure Melanie has given a witness statement?

If that is correct then there is a big difference here. One has gone on record, one hasn't and doesn't want to have too.

Regarding the incident with Whitney. I am not sure about the overturned clothes rails but Lbock you have a steel trapped mind so I am sure you are remembering correctly.

My point - and apologies I probably was being confusing - is that AH claims Whitney did witness abuse and once jumped in to protect AH, resulting in the one and only time AH hit Johnny. Well we know that latter part is bullshit, and according to one of the body guards - Travis I think - it was another typical day at the condo with AH throwing her purse at Johnny (which Travis caught) and then throwing other stuff. I believe Travis confirmed that Whitney was there. Johnny's hand was in plaster so the idea that he somehow was able to beat both AH and her sister .........much less that a professionally trained bodyguard would stand around staring into space whilst this happened just beggars belief.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed May 20, 2020 1:40 pm

AdeleAgain, looking back, from what I can tell, Depp team submitted Laura D's declaration that she submitted for VA trial I think. In the witness hearing they specifically use "declaration" vs elsewhere refer to "witness statements"I don't see anything in writing from Melanie I.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed May 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Here is the video of Amber's deposition where she said she was protecting Whitney, who certainly would be a witness here. To my knowledge, the only statement being said about Whitney is that her's did not agree with the amount of times Ms. James said she was with Amber. Whitney was also pictured in the elevator with Raquel within days after the alleged cell phone incident. She was never listed as a witness in the dv charge. I personally think Amber was trying to "protect" her and keep her out of all this but she is very much a part of it.

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

stroch

Unread post by stroch » Wed May 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Judge Nichol did not allow K. James' statements about AH's drug use in the recent court decision. Two drugs because she was not an expert I understand. Regarding the others, was it not necessary for Johnny to request the inclusion of the fact, or was it completely disallowed?
xiii) Paragraph 18 - Ms Heard took [magic] mushrooms and MDMA. In her third witness statement paragraph 6 Ms Heard admits taking these drugs. The evidence in paragraph 18 is therefore irrelevant. It may not be adduced by the Claimant.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed May 20, 2020 3:22 pm

I don’t know about anyone else here, but I have to admit I am finding it necessary, more and more, to make sure I know which case is being commented upon in each post before I try to assign players to their proper corners in my head:
UK-Libel: JD vs NGN/Wootten OR VA-Defamation: JD vs AH

The only “party” constant across the board is JD, Plaintiff. After that, its almost anybody’s guess who or what, from now till the UK trial date, will play Defense. Who is going to sit at the Defendants’ table during the trial? Can NGN or Dan Wootten be compelled to show up? Does their presence or refusal to attend pose any negative ramifications for the Defense? For the Plaintiff? Which witness is for which side, what is his/her testimony, what incident(s) are they talking about? How many variations of the same event/incident has AH submitted? Is that window now closed?

I ask this not to belabor these issues but because, right now, the UK case is undergoing enormous scrutiny and hyper-analysis for many reasons, not the least of which is because it is the case most likely to actually have a shot at resolution in two months! But also because I find there is a tendency to forget (surely as the Defendants hoped) that Johnny is suing NGN and Dan Wootten for LIBEL: calling him a “wife beater” in print in its SUN tabloid.

Johnny Depp is NOT suing AH for anything, in this case. Nevertheless, IMHO, it is AH’s testimony and the credibility (or lack thereof) behind that testimony that will carry the day - in particular, the bit that still remains unknown to the public and will remain private where it’s contents will fester like an infected boil until released at trial (again, as intended). ALL other witnesses in the case - pro or con - are there only to either lend credibility to AH’s claims (and thereby justify NGN’s and Wootten’s words “the wife beater Johnny Depp”) or to shred her credibility, thereby proving the Defendants recklessly, blatantly, and unapologetically printed an irreparably damaging description of an innocent individual, a description that has found its way for comment and judgement in virtually every corner of the globe.

As the public’s interest has grown and become more vocal and potentially more intrusive, it is obviously being carefully but cleverly guided to make certain associations, by default if not by fact. I believe, in an effort to at least keep participants’ eyes (if not the public’s) on the erratically bouncing ball and to prevent repetition of testimony, Mr. Justice Nicol has established the truth beacon of this case and has diligently been referencing same in his surgically applied rulings thus far.

As good a start as we could hope for in this obscenely tangled mess, I suppose. My heart goes out to Johnny as his 57th birthday approaches. May each of the coming days bring him solace and ever more certainty in the righteousness of this gauntlet of a road he is on. I truly believe the concept of equality and justice for all of us sharing this planet will be in a better place for this one man’s perseverance and trust in truth.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Wed May 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Granna wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 am

This is such an unholy cluster, it's hard to keep everything straight.
List of events. Not a pretty format but it is in text so can be searched in browser.

MaryS

Unread post by MaryS » Thu May 21, 2020 12:15 am

To Rumlover, on why Whitney hasn't been previously submitted as a witness.

Because none of Heard's team thought that either lawsuit will go to trial. Now they are scrambling to find witnesses. Whitney being one of them.

And crazy lady Heard is doing her usual pap-strolls at DM trying to distract from the imminent trial. The Blast also has been doing all these puff pieces on her. This is PR on overdrive.

Times are changing though. Heard's support from reading the few comments I had the time to has dwindled to a few and it's her team.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu May 21, 2020 10:43 am

A small, inconsequential rant if you will all be kind enough to bear with me.

I read today that one of Melanie's reasons for not wanting to testify is that she received a lot of criticism from JD's fans on social media. Whilst I strongly believe people should be respectful on social media, this drives me mad (1) she engaged (2) we are always hearing this - Kaplan describing the rabidness of his fans - but no one ever points to the fact that his friends were also subjected to awful comments when they defended JD on social media - Paul Bettany, Prof Lawrence, Terry Gilliam not to even mention his very young daughter (3) the reason that there was so much frustrated, angry comment is that it really does appear lies were told. They were being called out on lies, not just opinions of whether or not someone was a good person or not.

Sorry. That added nothing to the debate but I had to get it off my chest and no one else is here.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu May 21, 2020 11:25 am

Your point is valid, AdeleAgain, and I agree with you. It's how AH's side chooses to fight the fight...dirty. Blaming JD's fans for bullying Heard and company was their weak way of gaining sympathy from the court in lieu of real evidence to support their case. For over four years, Johnny has been subjected to not only bashing from the media but has been subjected to horrible comments, threats and photoshopped images via social media.
Melanie better put on her big girl panties and face the music. She willingly engaged with the fans, defending one of her clients, because at the time, her ear was filled with lies. Now that the damaging audio evidence has surfaced of Amber admitting that she abused Johnny and unwilling to promise that she wouldn't be violent in the future, Melanie as well as other witnesses for Heard are doing an about-face, using any silly excuses that will suffice the court. It will be interesting to see who will continue to lie for Amber Heard and face perjury charges and who will turn their backs on that vile woman.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu May 21, 2020 11:42 am

BOO HOO HOO....Kaplan doesn't like the criticism. Too :censored: bad. Amber said she was warned by friends and colleagues not to pursue her charade but did she care about anyone else??? Nope. Obviously she never once considered that her friends and family would all be affected by her lies so if any of them are upset at anyone it should be Amber.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."