The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Granna wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:39 pm
Meaning? Good or bad for JD?
Part of the process. He filed a summons/complaint and now she has to answer it.

Everything else she’s done has been to dismiss it. But even though the judge was dealing with her venue motion and demurrer, he never stayed (or stopped) discovery
Rule 3:8 - Answers, Pleas, Demurrers and Motions, Va. R. Sup. Ct. 3:8 (“
a) Response Requirement. A defendant shall file pleadings in response within 21 days after service of the summons and complaint upon that defendant, or if service of the summons has been timely waived on request under Code § 8.01-286.1, within 60 days after the date when the request for waiver was sent, or within 90 days after that date if the defendant was addressed outside the Commonwealth. A demurrer, plea, motion to dismiss, and motion for a bill of particulars shall each be deemed a pleading in response for the count or counts addressed therein. If a defendant files no other pleading than the answer, it shall be filed within said time. An answer shall respond to the paragraphs of the complaint. A general denial of the entire complaint or plea of the general issue shall not be permitted.
(b) Response After Demurrer, Plea or Motion. When the court has entered its order overruling all motions, demurrers and other pleas filed by a defendant, such defendant shall, unless the defendant has already done so, file an answer within 21 days after the entry of such order, or within such shorter or longer time as the court may prescribe.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 pm

That is correct. All those motions to dismiss were her trying to avoid filing an Answer to the Complaint. She will now have to either admit, deny, or be without knowledge, as to each count listed in Johnny's Complaint BUT it is important to keep in mind that she can she can also reserve the right to amend some her responses at a later date. My guess is that she's going to play stupid and say she is without knowledge as to certain counts against her and then Waldman will produce a text or recording or something to prove she was lying because she is that predictable, imo.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:40 pm

She can also supplement her answer with another declaration to further smear him. After the last 282 page one I’m not sure what more she can add. I got the impression she was confident it would get dismissed so “took a last chance dump” on Johnny. We will see

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:55 pm

Granna wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:39 pm
Meaning? Good or bad for JD?

This is good for Johnny!

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:09 pm

I've listen to the audio 4 times now. I just read the transcript.
Realizing the Sun has alot of errors in their presentation. Doesn't this audio damn JD?
I am sure her cuts were self inflected, but the transcript reads that JD drank everything in a week, and AH said he took pills. Did she also say he drank everything?
JD's depo states he hadn't drank in over a year. Went down stairs and had a vodka., she came down stairs and went crazy.
I would think the hospital staff would have said something about the booze and the pills in their report, but as far as I can see there's nothing there. Has it been proven that she lied about the booze and the pills?

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:29 pm

The hospital would not have given him anything to numb the pain if he was over the legal limit of alcohol and last I heard, ecstacy does not cause a person to be violent. Besides, he has he ex lawyer as a witness.

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:26 pm

He destroyed the place? Why is no one mentioning all the damage caused?
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:27 pm

New audio recording released of the finger incident.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... round.html

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:44 pm

Yes that video was posted already. I’m struggling to hear what Jerry Judge is saying. Does anyone know detail of what he is saying?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:49 pm

Jerry only has what Amber says other than Johnny’s exclamations before he was taken away. So Jerry is reporting on the phone what Amber is telling him in case it’s medically relevant.
—Did he drink all week. He says no
—She says he took 8 ecstasy over three days. Now it is 10 in 2 hours (They wouldn’t give him pain meds if he was high and drunk)
—She claims she was dragged through glass and drenched in alcohol. Jerry sees a few scratches on one arm. (Self-harm to self-sooth) maybe she leaned on counter to burn his face with right hand and got cut from debris on counter. Could Johnny have grabbed her arm?
—Amber said he had a burn the day before ?
—Amber admits to throwing bottle at him (and punching him) but in her papers she said she threw bottle on floor
—Amber also said she was naked and cut and bruised all over including face and split lip
—Amber said he didn’t seek help for 24 hours and three days of abuse. Entire ordeal seemed to be three+ hours before he hit help
—His texts to Kipper for help. Long, coherent, good spelling and punctuation

This is a woman on anti-psychotic meds. Both traveling with a private physician and nurse. He in a program; she receiving meds. By now the whole entourage knew to tread lightly around Amber when she is “off” which explains Stephens texts (Kate being verbally abused and Laura D afraid if her after her declaration)

This is a newlywed couple that had been apart for a month. When she arrived I think his entourage gave them privacy. In Brian’s video Malcolm stated he took Johnny back to his apartment so they weren’t living with Johnny

Jerry was acting and conveying info on the fly in a chaotic situation mostly based on what she was saying

The main decision. Get her sedated and away from Johnny Not get her medical help for injuries. Get her back to LA (matter of days and Elon is at penthouse)

For Johnny. Yes he exploded in anger. He wrote in blood and oil paint. All he damaged by that alone would be to be replaced. But they needed to keep them separated. I think Jerry at that point placated her. Go away and after time you can talk. I think they all hoped he’d leave her Imo

She lied and lied and lied. Over and over. So many scenarios
Last edited by Joni on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Capitalization

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:56 pm

Poor Johnny. He was an absolute mess. She was complete poison for him.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 pm

It has never been a secret that Johnny has been known to destroy things when he is angry but I don't hear Jerry saying that Amber told him any of the things she alleges he did to her.

Johnny did admit that he was in shock and he wrote on the mirror (if you look behind the black writing you can see the blood writing) but he never said that he dipped his finger in paint or what he wrote, that I know of.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:02 pm

Kipper said she had a borderline personality disorder. Johnny deeply loved her. In sickness and in health 🤷🏻‍♀️

She had a real mental health issue that was being treated. As Johnny’s mom did. His mom was taking drugs per the RS article “Her poor f***ing ass was on phenobarbital at 12.”

Unfortunately the public in general see two toxic people who abused each other. A man in a mid-life crisis taking a young bride etc

But the courts will see the details and minutia we know. And expert testimony on photos, video, cctv, and audio. And lots of witnesses. Lots of them for a Johnny
Last edited by Lbock on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:06 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 pm
It has never been a secret that Johnny has been known to destroy things when he is angry but I don't hear Jerry saying that Amber told him any of the things she alleges he did to her.

Johnny did admit that he was in shock and he wrote on the mirror (if you look behind the black writing you can see the blood writing) but he never said that he dipped his finger in paint or what he wrote, that I know of.
No claims of injuries to her at all. Garbled he did this and that maybe in the past ??

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:20 pm

Exactly. If Johnny had dragged her over broken glass, choked her, tore off her dress and all that other crap Jerry would have said something about that on the phone since he was already talking about the damage to the house. He would have at least gotten her some medical attention because after all, he was a good guy and would have made sure she was taken care of. Instead, the focus was to get her sedated to calm down and have the two of them separated. There were other witnesses also who I am sure will testify that she did not have the injuries like she said because she would have been bleeding all over her body and she ran after him in her nightgown calling him a coward for leaving and begging him not leave her.