The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:19 pm

Her face was also on the front cover of The New York Post (where Page Six also has its column). There is (or was) a connection here with The Sun who was owned by the same person. It's a little confusing but here it is.

From Wikipedia
The New York Post:
In 1976, Rupert Murdoch bought the Post for US$30.5 million.[4] Since 1993, the Post has been owned by News Corporation and its successor, News Corp, which had owned it previously from 1976 to 1988."

From Wikipedia
News Corp:
"The original incarnation of News Corporation (abbreviated News Corp.) was an American multinational mass media corporation operated and owned by media mogul, Rupert Murdoch, headquartered in New York City. Prior to its split in 2013, it was the world's fourth-largest media group in terms of revenue, and News Corporation had become a media powerhouse since its inception, almost dominating the news, television, film and print industries.[3][4][5][6][7]

News Corporation was a publicly traded company listed on NASDAQ. Formerly incorporated in Adelaide, South Australia, the company was re-incorporated under Delaware General Corporation Law after a majority of shareholders approved the move on November 12, 2004. News Corporation was headquartered at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, in the newer 1960s–1970s corridor of the Rockefeller Center complex.

On June 28, 2012, after concerns from shareholders in response to its recent scandals and to "unlock even greater long-term shareholder value", founder Rupert Murdoch announced that News Corporation's assets would be split into two publicly traded companies,[8] one oriented towards media, and the other towards publishing. The corporate spin-off formally took place on June 28, 2013; where the present News Corp. was renamed 21st Century Fox and consists primarily of media outlets, while a new News Corp was formed to take on the publishing and Australian broadcasting assets.

Its major holdings at the time of the split were News Limited (a group of newspaper publishers in Murdoch's native Australia), News International (a newspaper publisher in the United Kingdom, whose properties include The Times, The Sun, and the now-defunct News of the World—which was the subject of a phone hacking scandal that led to its closure in July 2011), Dow Jones & Company (an American publisher of financial news outlets, including The Wall Street Journal), the book publisher HarperCollins, and the Fox Entertainment Group (owners of the 20th Century Fox film studio and the Fox Broadcasting Company—one of the United States' major television networks).
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 am
. . . . Some things will come out about Amber, enough at least to prove Johnny's case and damage or destroy her credibility, but I expect the very worst will be saved for the VA lawsuit. Being in the USA it will have the most exposure and Johnny will be required to provide more evidence on a far broader defamation claim - hence far more damaging material on Amber is likely to emerge. . .
Does anyone know if Johnny’s legal team here in the USA includes anyone who might be considered “Schillings-trained”, i.e. a highly successful, respected trial attorney of the attack-dog variety?

I have to wonder if Pat Harris is still on AH’s team as he would appear to fit that mold to a “T”, while bringing a bit of incisive “charm” to Kaplan’s one-note table. He’s been kept in the wings all this while, ostensibly for the “Rocky” fiasco. But with time, dates, and needs so drastically altered, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up on the 23rd, well-prepared and teeth sharpened.

Ruby Begonia: Absolutely agree with your every word - every one of those sanctimonious creeps deserves more condemnation than they’ll ever receive, especially Mr. Weinberg. They’ve all played fast and loose with the “condemn now, verify later” mantra, virtually dehumanizing Johnny in the process. The time has come for the lot of them to choke on their own venom.
Last edited by justintime on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:32 pm

I totally agree with this article and I think others will too. Truth! :cool:

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Yes, another great article by JM in Medium, ForeverYoung and justintime! Some excerpts below:
....Amber Heard is a sick individual who lacks self control and thrives on brutality and combativeness. She is only truly living when she is sucking the life out of someone.

She managed to insert her tortuous ways into his opioid detox by withholding medication from him that would send him into spasms. This is an act that easily could have killed him by triggering him to go into cardiac arrest, not that she likely would have cared much if it had. She sought vengeance on him at all times. Her jealousy and envy of him and everything that he’s accomplished, everything that he has, and everything that he is are unmatched. Certainly by anything I’ve ever encountered anyhow. She didn’t just want what he had but I believe she truly want to be him. Right down to the cheekbones. She dressed like him, she mimicked him, she pretended to be interested in his interests. She tried to turn herself into a female version of him and lured him into her villainous talons. A literal siren....

If nothing else Johnny should be extremely proud of himself for speaking up. It may well have been the hardest thing he’s ever done in his life and people should take him seriously. He should take pride that he influenced a large number of people to speak out about their own experiences and find catharsis with him in finally letting it out.

He should be proud for giving people hope and he should be proud that he survived and continues to thrive and fight for what’s right. I hope that even in his darkest moments, and when he might be feeling most alone, he can find that one little synapse in his mind that reminds him that we are all here for him, and that he has been there for us.

Johnny Depp is innocent. Johnny Depp is a survivor. Johnny Depp will have justice and Johnny Depp has already begun to rise from the ashes of this hideous ordeal...

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:46 pm

The prolific “JM” deserves their own thread at this point!

Is there anything we can do to ensure this one doesn’t get lost in the shuffle? It’s a must read - an emotional, truth-driven ride.
"Stay low." ~ JD

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:53 pm

justintime wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:46 pm
The prolific “JM” deserves their own thread at this point!

Is there anything we can do to ensure this one doesn’t get lost in the shuffle? It’s a must read - an emotional, truth-driven ride.
Hi justintime! If you go to this link you will find all of the JM articles. Very well written and so true!! (I hope this link will work)

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- Johnny Depp..."The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:14 pm

I read the article earlier and agree that it is outstandingly written, both in content and passion.
This particular excerpt that Ruby Begonia referenced triggered a familiarity to a movie Amber Heard briefly was in.

Article excerpt:
" She didn’t just want what he had but I believe she truly want to be him. Right down to the cheekbones. She dressed like him, she mimicked him, she pretended to be interested in his interests. She tried to turn herself into a female version of him "

In the 2018 movie, Her Smell, starring Elizabeth Moss as a self-destructive rock star, Amber Heard attempts to portray a very hip, successful rock and roll star. Her scenes are short and far between, however, I could clearly see her trying to channel Captain Jack Sparrow. Though her costume was glitzy, beneath her black Fedora type hat she wore sparkly bits and dangles in her braids. In the last of her scenes, and I believe there are only two in the movie, she appears on stage as part of the song's finale with Elizabeth Moss' character and band. Heard sways at the mic, adjusting her hat as if to call attention to it. When the song is over, she turns to Moss, and in Captain Jack Sparrow style, she removes her hat, extends her leg and takes a deep bow. The gesture clearly was identifiable as a Captain Jack Sparrow move to those who know Johnny's beloved character.

This is just another example of Heard still obsessed with what she can no longer have. Like a toddler craving for attention, even if it's negative, the lawsuits are her compulsive connection to Johnny. Even after all is said and done, I don't think she will ever let him go.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:07 pm

Just realized
I think her agreeing to take the witness stand under oath in the court not even for her own case shows massive desperation for her and her legal team. As a defendant she doesn’t even have to take the stand in VA.

Depositions and declarations are one thing. Risk lying on the stand in court is a huge desperation

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:14 pm
I read the article earlier and agree that it is outstandingly written, both in content and passion.
. . . Even after all is said and done, I don't think she will ever let him go.
I agree, Chocolat. I have to say, I find your conclusion realistic but very, very disturbing. For a long time now, I have felt Johnny needs to make a PRO against her (not mutual - he should never again be inconvenienced by her presence, anywhere, anytime) a non-negotiable part of any judgement, settlement, or whatever ultimately brings this horrific ordeal to an end.

Thanks, Moonbeam, the link does work! :lilyrose:
"Stay low." ~ JD

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:28 pm

justintime wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:18 pm

I agree, Chocolat. I have to say, I find your conclusion realistic but very, very disturbing. For a long time now, I have felt Johnny needs to make a PRO against her (not mutual - he should never again be inconvenienced by her presence, anywhere, anytime) a non-negotiable part of any judgement, settlement, or whatever ultimately brings this horrific ordeal to an end.

Thanks, Moonbeam, the link does work! :lilyrose:
Excuse me, justintime, but what is PRO? I assume it to be a legal term? Is it some sort of restraining order? Thanks in advance :girlwave2: :thanks!:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- Johnny Depp..."The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Permanent Restraining Order; or in some states - Protective Restraining Order.

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Granna wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:45 pm
Permanent Restraining Order; or in some states - Protective Restraining Order.
Thank you, Granna. I never knew that there was such a permanent thing as that. I 100% agree that Johnny should have a PRO, then, against Scamber! I believe she will never stop trying to claw her way up over bodies, people, or whatever...

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:12 pm

In state I reside in, PRO's are granted in divorce cases in which DV was proven. I don't know about other states.

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:25 pm

It seems that VA has something called a protective order which permanently protects family members when there was a conviction of domestic violence, or even a threat of violence. (I do not know the legal system. I am a tech geek.) Here is the link I found

I don't know about CA, or if that state would matter.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Any ideas why the Judge is taking so long to make his decision on her third (or is it fourth?) request for dismissal. I know that every time one of them files something regarding this the other side has to be given time to reply but this is taking too long, imo. Pretty soon it will be three months since the filing. :waiting: