The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Granna

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:22 pm

Your last paragraph is correct. No, the journalist do not think at all. They are too impressed with the fact that Miss Heard has no problem showing her breast or anything else for that matter to distract them. Therefore, they do not remember what she's done in the past, what she's doing in the present, and what she's planning to do in the future, nor do they care . For that reason alone, JD will never get a fair shake in the press.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Yes meep your last sentence is accurate. The media ran with AH's story. TMZ, who was all on their story from day one, were gullible and instead of checking facts they gave AH many opportunities to further express her lies and fuel the hoax. Her friend at PEOPLE magazine is another co-hoaxer, in my opinion, for permitting her fake bruise photo on the cover with story. Yes, the media is entirely too trusting of women is cases of DV. It was beyond their recognition that a man like Johnny Depp could be abused by a pretty young thing. This must change. With every new fact being released by The Blast, the rest of the media look like fools for not doing their part in standing up for Johnny.

by Granna » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:42 pm
Does anyone know if the newest developments of the text messages from AH's mother was told to the judge? That would definitely show that this was all based on a lie.
That is a good question, Granna. Many posters on Twitter are curious about the second DV abuse arrest as well. The opinion is that it may be one of the other women that Mr. Adam Waldman said that have come forward with their statements against AH. He hasn't yet revealed who they are. But it's only opinion. We already know of the arrest for DV against AH's former spouse, Tasya Van Ree.
I would think the second arrest would be public record unless AH got it sealed.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:47 pm

AH claimed she filed an Official Police Report that recounted the events of May 21st, 2016. She did not .

[Keep in mind the phone call to Spector on 05/21/16 before the police arrived - asking for advice, maybe about what to tell them? Perhaps something along the lines of: TELL THEM NOTHING - DON’T EVEN LET THEM IN IF YOU CAN PREVENT IT! If I remember correctly, she initially didn’t even want to open the door, said it was just an argument, and ended up never even correcting the “husband’s” name from “Johnny Heard”. . .]

Well, AH came under a lot of flak from both the media and the public for filing for the divorce (05/23/16) so soon after Betty Sue’s death (05/20/16). Her TRO request and the statement accompanying it, claiming DV, were meant to staunch that bad press and generate sympathy. But still the logical follow-up, a police report, never made an appearance and gave rise to doubts about her story. Her team finally pulled out all the stops after the TRO was secured on the 27th to let it be known she “had filed”, “would be filing”, “was filing”, “was in the process of filing” that all-important Official Police Report.

Every media outlet worth it’s salt ran with that promise. From legitimate news outlets (ABC, CBS, TIME Magazine etc.); social media (Variety, THR, The Wrap etc); and tabloid comic book media.

BUT, she NEVER filed that Report and there’s only one reason - if she did, and it were ever found to be a lie, she would be in big trouble: filing a false Official Police Report is a felony, i.e. a crime, a crime usually punishable by imprisonment of at least one year.

The following are just two of a slew of media outlets that ran headlines with the claim AH had filed an official addendum to the police statement of “nothing happened - it was only an argument - no official complaint - no crime occurred ”. You have to read carefully, but in the body of each and every article (most dated May 31st, 2016) you’ll find a sentence or two to the effect: “a spokesperson for the LAPD told (THR) that the department did not have information on a new statement by Heard.” or a LINK to The Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ave-898332

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amber-hear ... ged-abuse/
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:22 pm

The sealed juvie record, should be opened. Realizing, of course, it won't happen. Her father, asked that it be sealed, not only because of her age, but also the crimes involved. IF you could, you would find (if memory serves) drugs, booze, vehicle accident, and an altercation, of some kind.
As far as being arrested twice, yes arrested. There were a few more "romantic partners" who didn't' press charges. It was said they have been in contact with Adam Waldman. However, they are fearful of retribution from AH and her father. As we all now know, he is also a snake.
Her supporters like to remind everyone, that she "volunteered" as a young teen. RIGHT . Such an outstanding role model, from a good Christian family. REALLY? Let's call it, what it really was. MANDATORY COMMUNITY SERVICE.
Dig deeper folks, there are alot of skeletons, AH is hiding. None of it good.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:39 pm

This is the only statement she gave the police that night.

“ Amber said the disturbance was a “simple verbal argument” with her husband, who she did not reveal to be the Hollywood actor.”

She never gave any other new official statements and never filed a formal Police report

I don’t think the judge will see the recent texts. He only sees what’s been filed in motions or in “letters”
ToThe Judge until you get to the admissible evidence phase. (Unless, of course, he follows The Blast. But I don’t think he is supposed to)

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Johnny was set up by Whitney Heard, Raquel Pennington and iO Tillet Wright. Whitney sent him a text asking him to go and talk to Amber and when he got there Raquel and iO were on standby ready to go in for the kill. Real nice group of ladies there.

That story she told her parents about the lawyer saying she had a limited amount of time in the penthouse is a lie, in my opinion. It's a lawyers job to at least try and work something out before they tell a client to file a TRO within two weeks or else they will be evicted and we all know that Johnny said in his text that he had no intention of evicting her. She has a lot of friends she could have stayed with or she could have even stayed at the Chateau Marmont until the divorce was settled. She wanted the luxury of those three apartments where Raquel could continue to live for free. In fact, I am waiting for the statement from her former attorneys saying they never told Amber to file the TRO to avoid evictions.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Kaplan/Heard are setting Spector up. Kaplan will throw anything and everyone "under the bus" to get this hoax dismissed.
You are correct, Pennington, was living there rent free. Tillett had been kicked out. Good way for AH to get het "lover" back at home. Thick as thieves.

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:48 pm

Update on the Brooks case from MyNewsLA:

Judge Seals Portions of Document in Location Manager’s Suit Vs. Actor
POSTED BY CONTRIBUTING EDITOR ON DECEMBER 30, 2019
A Los Angeles judge ruled Monday that portions of a document filed in connection with a lawsuit brought by a location manager, who alleges Johnny Depp punched him during the 2017 shoot for “City of Lies,” will be sealed because it includes information about client-therapist interactions.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Holly Fujie issued her decision after attorneys for both the actor and plaintiff Gregg “Rocky” Brooks agreed that quotations and discussions of the deposition testimony of Brooks’ therapist, Terre Bridgham, should be shielded from the public to protect the plaintiff’s privacy.

The alleged assault took place in April 2017, when Brooks told Depp they only had one more shot. Brooks alleges the actor followed him and screamed, “Who the (epithet) are you? You have no right to tell me what to do.”

Brooks alleges Depp, now 56, punched him twice, then said he would pay the plaintiff $100,000 to “punch me in the face right now.” Brooks says Depp’s bodyguards then removed him from the set.

The document at issue involves a challenge by Depp’s attorneys to the decision by Brooks’ lawyers to have Bridgham testify at trial about his mental condition and history.

“Defendants contend that Ms. Bridgham lacks the qualifications and specialized knowledge sufficient to give expert testimony on these matters,” the Depp attorneys state in their court papers. “However, to defendants’ knowledge, (Brooks) has not made any public filings in which he has disclosed the details of his private conversations with his therapist.”

Brooks’ attorneys filed court papers agreeing with the decision to seal portions of the defense document.
PS: Happy New Year, Depp fans! May 2020 bring only good things for you and those you hold dear (including JD, 'natch)!!

:toastingpirates:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:27 pm

Re the Rocky latest update. There were two parts to this motion but I only see one was ruled on

Rocky wanted certain quotes by his therapist sealed in the motion. Depp team was unopposed on this matter (agreed)

But Depp team wanted the family therapist excluded as an expert witness. I didn’t see a ruling on this Venice trial so delayed either Rocky will get a new expert or they will file again

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:34 pm

New for 2020. Brian McPherson's new video:

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Thank you for posting Mr. McPherson’s new video, Chocolat.

I also came across this page from the Mr. McPherson’s Court Transcript of the Hearing conducted on December 13th. Sets everyone straight, right from Judge White himself, as to why the trial date was postponed to August, 2020. and his disgust with the possibility the Defense may have been responsible for leaking the rumor the postponement was due to Johnny having delayed turning over requested docs to AH. NOT TRUE! Both parties requested the postponement. Finally, the Defense is called on the carpet!

Those rumors are still promoted on Google by Deadline, and other tabloid scum, despite having been unequivocally exposed as lies.

Read the entire page:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENTfAGhUEAE ... ame=medium
Last edited by justintime on Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:34 pm

The media scum are probably in bed, with AH and CO.,. All AH has to do is flash herself to the photographers, with her fake smile. The scum FORGET what she has done, is doing, and will try to do, in the near future. They will follow her around, like they are under voodoo curse , and slam JD, to make her more appealing to John Q Public. Disgusting.

Though, the court put it in writing, that BOTH PARTIES asked for a more time, feeling that the defense is the one that leaked to the media the reason that it was changed. (That JD did not produce the proper records. ) I am wondering why if the court feels that way, why Kaplan has not been given a disciplinary action by the court.

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:53 pm

Why is McPherson doing all this? It was probably posted earlier but I can’t find it? Who is he and why is he so dedicated to finding the truth and making videos about it?

I hated reading the texts Johnny sent saying she was the love of his life! I thought that title would go to Vanessa..
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

thiefcat

Unread post by thiefcat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:14 am

I am pretty surprised you said this. I thought what Brian did was awesome. He is trying to prove to the World with regards to Johnny Depp's innocence. Look at the medias! Nobody is broadcasting the news, forever siding with Amber Heard.

Those messages, with time stamped, between her parents and him, proves a lot of things! Hope he is cleared in Aug before she gets confirmation for Aquaman 2. Still hoping WB wont cast her...

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:21 am

Don’t get me wrong- I’m glad he’s doing this. Only asking why.
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*