The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Granna wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:22 pm
As much as JD is a gentleman, I think he would have. Yes, his reputation took a serious hit. His heart, has all but been destroyed. But he is a DAD, and he takes that so seriously. AH hurt his kids. They are his life. He will go down swing, to protect Lily Rose and Jack
You are right, Granna. His kids’ welfare is his bottom line, from their first breaths they always have been. AH AND HER FRIENDS (IO Tillet Wright, for one) did indeed cross the line with with them. And leaving them a paternal legacy they can be proud of and not have to defend for the rest of their own careers, is certainly at the forefront of what he is fighting so hard for now. Just reading those texts, the fact he went so far to reach out to the Heards, it was all so fresh, he seemed to be grasping for a lifeline of hope that someone, somehow would come to their senses, would acknowledge and choose to grapple with the truth, before they were all too far down this quicksand-riddled path.

I find Kaplan’s hypocritical comment, “.... we look forward to litigating (and winning) this case with admissible evidence and sworn testimony in court, not in the media.”, particularly disingenuous. I hope her courtroom bearing and speechifying smack of that same hypocrisy as she continues to edit the rule books to suit her client’s “flexible/nonexistent truths”.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Why is that not been publicized? The only thing that's on record is her being arrested one time. Was she arrested for the same individual? I'm sure the judge is not a stupid man. However, I think Robbie Kaplan has something up her sleeve. She is nothing but a snake in the grass. No wonder AH hired her. Birds of a feather flock together.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:43 pm

I just got in from running errands and come to read the latest. Thanks Ruby B.
No wonder we never heard a peep from Paige and David Heard all this time. I think they knew how violent and manipulative their daughter is from day one but remained silent to see how it all played out. Big money was at stake and knowing now how Daddy Heard was looking at some kind of cash investment via Johnny (her extortion letter), Daddy played along with Amber. Chalk him up to being a co-conspirator. Johnny was obviously devastated with Betty Sue's passing and his wife betraying him. Who was there for him to reach out to with his sorrow? One thing is absolutely spot on. Johnny says the truth will come out. It sure has and Amber and her hypocritical joke of a lawyer will ultimately be defeated. It's only a matter of time.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Something is very strange here with this article. Johnny said in his declaration he made the decision to divorce her after her abuse and bed poop.

Also, from what I read, her birthday was dinner party at the apartment.

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-conte ... ration.pdf
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:43 pm

The abuse escalated because he was late to her birthday party. He left with a black eye, after she threw his phone and wallet over the balcony. JD did not see her for about a month, he stayed at his home in west LA. He returned to the condo to get somethings because he was going on tour. The conversation went back to his late arrival to her birthday party, and the issue of a poohed bed linen, AH's anger had escalated again. At that point, JD had had enough.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 pm

I hope there aren’t too many discrepancies. On another note...

“she got violent and i left, as i always do when she decides to get violent with me”

How many times did we hear she would be calling and texting to find him. Including on London Field set and he was hiding out. Even sleeping at Manson’s house. And I think on Ellen show Paul Bettany said Johnny stayed with him a few nights

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:34 pm

Yes, you are right. He did stay st Paul's house. There were several others, good friends, like Tim Burton, who came to help him. Many of which, were trying to protect him from AH.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:43 pm
. . . No wonder we never heard a peep from Paige and David Heard all this time. I think they knew how violent and manipulative their daughter is from day one but remained silent to see how it all played out. Big money was at stake and knowing now how Daddy Heard was looking at some kind of cash investment via Johnny (her extortion letter), Daddy played along with Amber. Chalk him up to being a co-conspirator. Johnny was obviously devastated with Betty Sue's passing and his wife betraying him. Who was there for him to reach out to with his sorrow? One thing is absolutely spot on. Johnny says the truth will come out. It sure has and Amber and her hypocritical joke of a lawyer will ultimately be defeated. It's only a matter of time.
Yes, Chocolat, I agree. You’ve touched on so many astonishing yet connected threads, all spinning around the vicious greed of an amoral family and dependent upon the twisted “skills” of AH’s “joke of a lawyer”.

Kaplan may have argued a case before the Supreme Court but she has has long since lost all credibility and honor if, indeed, she ever could deservedly lay claim to either. She may be a licensed, practicing attorney by trade but since hooking herself to AH’s circus she has, over and over again, shown nothing but utter disdain for the spirit of the law.

From day one, Kaplan - and those playing on her team - have proven to be frighteningly driven to achieve that “glory” of a “win”, no matter the cost or how dirty the tactics. They have displayed no compunction about spinning the law or distorting/omitting the facts so often there frequently is no longer any recognizable truth in the tales they reference, just a whole new story complete with all sorts of show-stopping, contrived events. Why, having to now deal with the fallout from her client’s wily relatives, Kaplan has even been schooling her cohorts in the practical arts of narcissistic role reversal as demonstrated most recently by her promise they are all looking forward to “. . . litigating (and winning) this case with admissible evidence and sworn testimony in court, not in the media.” When last did such an honorable promise pass trippingly from Kaplan’s tongue? Can’t say as I recall . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:14 pm

Where did this texting info come from- Johnny texting with her parents? How is this public info? I find it hard to believe he texted all that to her parents.
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:26 pm

Heard/Kaplan's request for communications through any means from JD. Part of the 4,000+ pages of documents Kaplan demanded. Text messages from his phone have been verified and authenticated.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:40 am

If he was texting with her parents then he was probably texting with her sister Whitney too about all this and I am really surprised she has not been subpoenaed yet, but she will be and it will be really interesting to see how she testifies under oath.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:02 am

AH’s Reply Memorandum of Law in Support of Defendant’s Demurrer and Plea in Bar was submitted and filed in the Court on December 13th, 2019, and served upon Plaintiff the same date.

How can there be such a short time frame - substantially less than the usual ten days - to allow time for a Reply Memorandum in Opposition to Defendant‘s Reply Memorandum etc. before the Demurrer Hearing tomorrow (today)? Was the Plaintiff not permitted to enter any response to this particular submission? Or did they and I missed it?

In any event, I echo Lbock’s earlier concern:
Lbock wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:36 pm
Oh my. Please don’t let this get dismissed tomorrow
Last edited by justintime on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:15 am

Kaplan is two headed scum sucking two headed snake, trying to rush Team Depp. Let's have faith in Ben Chew and Adam Waldman. Let us also follow JD's request. In thanking his fans for their overwhelming support, he asked that all of us just to " hang in there, shall we." Let's listen to the Captain.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:53 am

Well said Granna. Faith in Mr. Chew and Mr. Waldman. They're the professionals.
Good thoughts for Johnny and team! :goodvibes:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:52 am

Agreed - on all accounts! Positive thoughts it is.
"Stay low." ~ JD