The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:02 am

Thank you, Chocolat, for bringing us that very welcome news. Now for this coming Friday, the 20th - AH’s Demurrer and Plea in Bar - good news there, too, and we’ll all be sure to enjoy the holidays.

I am so happy for Johnny!
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:13 am

Best of luck (this is irony) to Ms Heard with getting police officers to believe her instead of their own eyes ...

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:32 am

:loveshower:
justintime wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:02 am
Thank you, Chocolat, for bringing us that very welcome news. Now for this coming Friday, the 20th - AH’s Demurrer and Plea in Bar - good news there, too, and we’ll all be sure to enjoy the holidays.

I am so happy for Johnny!
:loveshower: :santahat: :applause:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:24 pm

So AH filed final declaration for demurrer/plea in bar

My thoughts:
Ah side: Subjective opinion of what she experienced after she filed TRO not whether her initial filing was true. The initial filing validity/lie is past statute of limitations. That’s what they are claiming- (& that no other person could reference their experience with DV without defamation)

So...
Is it defamation for an abuse victim to repeatedly speak about their abuse? No I don’t think so

Is it defamation for a person who LIED about being abused to repeatedly speak about it causing the person she publicly & falsely accused harm from loss of work & reputation? HELL YES!
(Not just in judicial filing but also in People magazine)

Ok so it will be decided I think if judge believes her OpEd is a republication of a lie thus time resets

So...
Judge should definitely let this go through if he is convinced of possibility she lied.

I think that’s why Depp wanted the police depositions heard before the demurrer hearing.

Judge HAD TO READ THEM to rule on them. Judge knows police refute her claim.

OpEd is repub of lie!

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 pm

These people are out of their minds. She doesn't have ONE picture with a date and time stamp and the only "affidavits" she had were her freeloading friends. This is a pure BS filing trying to ignore the videos and testimony from people who actually saw and spoke with her, including her own friends, said there was no injury.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:50 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 pm
These people are out of their minds. She doesn't have ONE picture with a date and time stamp and the only "affidavits" she had were her freeloading friends. This is a pure BS filing trying to ignore the videos and testimony from people who actually saw and spoke with her, including her own friends, said there was no injury.
I think the judge has only seen original filing, responses and motions he has had to rule on. I don’t think he has seen the videos or individual declarations. He’s seen the photos filed with responses. We know he’s seen whatever depos they filed in their responses. And we know the judge has read the complete first police depositions he just ruled on.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:54 am

I have to say this. Through all of the chaos and struggles, Johnny has remained a class act.
He stays off social media unlike drama queen Amber Heard with her boasting and bragging about her causes, posting goofy Instagram pics and whatever just to show off herself. Johnny has always remained low key in a Hollywood of egos, fighting tooth and nail to be in the public eye. He never wanted the limelight, yet when his job requires it, he handles it with dignity and, most importantly, grateful attention toward his fans. We all have joy for him with how he has risen out from the muddy waters dirtied by Amber Heard. I have much respect for him and very happy to see him playing his music whenever it's possible and with so many fabulous musicians. He's so much happier now and just keeps moving forward as he has been known to profess.
Yes, Johnny is truly a gentleman and class act...and so dearly loved.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:38 am

Still waiting for her Answer to the Complaint... :waiting:

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:54 am

AMEN to what Chocolat wrote! Johnny's a gentleman :love:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:09 am

I can't believe her team has the nerve to put in the papers "and any other woman who dares come forward". :smh: I hope they get sanctioned.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:51 pm

New group of foreign subpoenas issued.

Seems there is a lot of interest in ZZIDIDLE INC Tourjet business on the Boston, MA to Van Nuys, CA flight on 05/24/14. Stephen Deuters is also being given a tall order. Take a look at these subpoenas. Guess we all know where they’re trying to take this.

Note: the worm Stephen Rodrick is also in this group - his depo was scheduled for 12/16/19.

Wow, just rechecked and all due dates for the whole group were updated to 12/13/19!

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/h ... file-cases

Buckle your seatbelts everyone, Kaplan and Co. are gonna be on a roll peppered with omissions, half truths, and outright lies as they pull out all the stops for Friday’s Demurrer (and Plea in Bar, if Johnny survives the first round).

I hope JD’s team pays particular attention to §2 p. 3 and the referenced footnote (#1) in the Defendant’s Final Reply.

Also, I think Lbock’s analysis (see below) is sustainable. For all Kaplan’s clever word play, numerous case references, and dismissive - using her favorite term “irrelevant” ad nauseam - posture, she never addresses the now very real possibility (based on admissibility determination of LAPD depos) that her client’s allegations are LIES. Her whole OpEd could be (is) based on a LIE! Posit that first, Ms. K. Your client defamed an innocent man on the basis of one of the worst, most ruinous lies one human being can lodge against another. Your argument may be in dire need of a rewrite.

Is it defamation for an abuse victim to repeatedly speak about their abuse? No I don’t think so

Is it defamation for a person who LIED about being abused to repeatedly speak about it causing the person she publicly & falsely accused harm from loss of work & reputation? HELL YES!
(Not just in judicial filing but also in People magazine)

Ok so it will be decided I think if judge believes her OpEd is a republication of a lie thus time resets

So...
Judge should definitely let this go through if he is convinced of possibility she lied.

I think that’s why Depp wanted the police depositions heard before the demurrer hearing.

Judge HAD TO READ THEM to rule on them. Judge knows police refute her claim.

OpEd is repub of lie!

(I added italics, underlines and bold type)
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:11 am

Thank you :dillingerhello:
Those damn texts with SD are going to haunt them
Who knows what notes Roderick have that were off the record. Gonna be a bumpy ride.

Fingers crossed and prayers they make it through the Demurer
Last edited by Lbock on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:17 am

I would have to do the research but I am pretty sure you have to give a reasonable time period to the person you are doing the subpoena for. Some of the ones she just did are a within a week and that doesn't sound right to me.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:21 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:17 am
I would have to do the research but I am pretty sure you have to give a reasonable time period to the person you are doing the subpoena for. Some of the ones she just did are a within a week and that doesn't sound right to me.
I think most were submitted Nov 22 and stamped by court Nov 27. But Kaplan complained when they asked for the trial date extended they were having problems getting people to sit over the holidays, so it’s possible none of these took place or will in December. With the trial in August now, they have loads of time. I imagine most will be in January and February. Not sure we will even know.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:24 am

Excuse me, having a senior moment here. I thought that text messages from SD were proven false? And can someone please refresh my memory as to who Rodrick is? I can't seem to remember what's going on there.