The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:11 pm

The amount Johnny actually sued Bloom for was indeed a LOT more than 30 million and was comprised of many different requests including attorney fees.

I had downloaded the entire original complaint document way back in 2017. You can find it in my post on p. 22 of this thread. “Prayer for Relief” (amounts requested) is on p. 23 of the 25 page-long complaint Or use the link below (a bit more complicated):

"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:32 am

Someone posted a column where the author said he was told Johnny settled for around $10 mil and I said to myself no way because even if he were suing for $30 mil that would be a big difference from what he was asking.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:36 am

Johnny filed a motion to remove the notice of her Demmeur in Plea off the calendar, at least for now, and I think he has a good chance of having this granted for the reasons in the motion.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 1-2019.pdf

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:42 am

I’m confused. I saw Depp team subpoenaed Josh Drew again. Isn’t it odd to send two relatively the same. They did the same earlier with Raquel and Liz

As for his other filing saying AH team didn’t confer with Depp team on date...well they filed a letter that they did just that. Depp team has been spread so thin, I hope right hand knows what the left hand is doing 🤷🏻‍♀️

See letter from AH team to judge in this link

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:59 pm

Do you think Kaplan’s “cancel all depositions” panic after the Protective Order ruling may have caused some confusion for everyone subpoenaed up to that point? So, to ensure their witnesses know what’s expected, JD’s team sent them out again? A stretch, I know . . .
Lbock wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:42 am
. . . As for his other filing saying AH team didn’t confer with Depp team on date...well they filed a letter that they did just that. Depp team has been spread so thin, I hope right hand knows what the left hand is doing 🤷🏻‍♀️
That’s embarrassing at the least, extremely concerning at the worst. There’s no excusing mistakes of any sort, no soft-pedaling what’s needed from everyone, all is at stake on the 8th ( and again, on the 22nd, but there won’t be any 22nd without that “go forward” win this week!).
"Stay low." ~ JD

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Let's not give Kaplan any ammunition. Mistakes happen, even her own team got her name wrong on one of the pleadings. It could just be that Johnny' team knew about the motion but didn't know they were going to post notice about the hearing date. They were probably expecting for the other motion to be heard first and then, if necessary, post the hearing date of the other motion.

It's pretty obvious her team didn't inform his team of the volume of their brief, which exceeded the court rules.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:36 pm

Emergency motion filed today by you know who seeking Johnny's mental health records.

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:00 am

And The Blast has reported that Depp's team has provided the HIPAA waiver for mental health records.
Depp's attorney Adam Waldman said in a statement, “It’s unsurprising that Amber Heard’s smear the victim tactics - seek mental health records! - mirrors Harvey Weinstein’s. It is for moments such as this that Ms. Heard hired her trio of firms - the #TimesUp lawyers who represented Harvey Weinstein, the lawyers for Weinstein’s #MeToo victim-discreditor-in-chief Lisa Bloom and ex-Anthony Pellicano private investigator Paul Barresi."

"Mr Depp has granted a HIPAA waiver and has no fear of their attempted smears," he concluded.
Kaplan has the nerve to suggest that JD submit to a mental health examination to discover if he is capable of accurately remembering what occurred during the relationship.

meeps

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:27 am

In a way I will say "Yes, let's get that tested. Meanwhile please test Amber's mental health and personality, too" I am convinced that our boy would come out of that with flying (pirate) colours, whereas Amber would sink! He :)

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:05 am

Ruby Begonia wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:00 am
And The Blast has reported that Depp's team has provided the HIPAA waiver for mental health records.
Depp's attorney Adam Waldman said in a statement, “It’s unsurprising that Amber Heard’s smear the victim tactics - seek mental health records! - mirrors Harvey Weinstein’s. It is for moments such as this that Ms. Heard hired her trio of firms - the #TimesUp lawyers who represented Harvey Weinstein, the lawyers for Weinstein’s #MeToo victim-discreditor-in-chief Lisa Bloom and ex-Anthony Pellicano private investigator Paul Barresi."

"Mr Depp has granted a HIPAA waiver and has no fear of their attempted smears," he concluded.
Kaplan has the nerve to suggest that JD submit to a mental health examination to discover if he is capable of accurately remembering what occurred during the relationship.

How ridiculous is this. Through her whole deposition she couldn't remember what she said or what she did...what part of her body came into contact with a part of his body, throwing objects at him, etc. He has pictures with dates and time stamps and she doesn't. It doesn't matter what he remembers.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:08 am

If Amber thinks she is blacklisted now she has another thing coming. Kaplan is basically putting her off the list forever and I say good riddance. :bluewave:

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Depends on how all this comes out. If its dismissed, we are left on either sides of the fence again or it will be perceived he had no case therefore she was telling the truth. If he drops it, its perceived guilt. Then we have a jury verdict. Is this a woman DV survivor pulling teams around her to help her fight the big bad rich white abuser thereby helping all survivors in the future. He has been so exposed now with innuendo making for a further PR nightmare. So I pray it moves forward to trial with a jury. And I pray his team is strong enough to pull out a win for him. In other words, they better be able to bring to the court all the evidence they have been yelling about - including more victims of her abuse, etc.

nebraska

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by nebraska » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Does anyone know who these other romantic partners that also suffered abuse are supposed to be? Or is that just an extra bit of baseless smear being suggested by her team?

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:00 pm

nebraska wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:47 pm
Does anyone know who these other romantic partners that also suffered abuse are supposed to be? Or is that just an extra bit of baseless smear being suggested by her team?
They are just fishing, imo. If they really knew of someone that had allegedly been abused by him that person would have been subpoenaed already.

As for the case, it isn't going to settle because she doesn't have that kind of money and I doubt he is ever going to withdraw. Even if she does get the case dismissed (and I doubt she will) her lies are now exposed. Johnny has photos and videos with date and time stamps which reveal the kind of person she really is and Hollywood sees this. Kaplan and her team of other sleeze lawyers are not helping her, just sinking her deeper into the blacklist.

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:05 am

The Link below is to two related items, both filed November 1, 2019:

Motion for an Independent Mental Examination of Plaintiff and
Memorandum in Support of Motion for an Independent Mental Examination of Plaintiff

I am truly not kidding when I suggest you do not read these if you have a weak stomach. Made me sick.
"Stay low." ~ JD