The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
hollyberry

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:44 am

Now this is interesting.
Nadine Cross was a major character in the novel, so if Heard is only in one episode it seems very likely that they might of recast her.

Newt

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Newt » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:53 am

I love Josh Boone, everything I've seen of him points to him being a really good guy but I am puzzled by this. Either he doesn't know or he figures she fits the character (who is not a good person). I was surprised to see mostly good comments on his IG post when he announced her official casting. I chimed in and sort of said "she shouldn't be getting roles", someone answered, condescendingly telling me once again that she was innocent :lol: . And then those comments were gone and by the next day, you could no longer comment on this particular post. So it's not like he was erasing specifically negative comments because mine was the only one.

After all, there are several actors who are pieces of :censored: and keep working, look at Terrence Howard, he admitted to beating up several of his partners and yet, Lee Daniels even said something like "oh poor Terrence" when he was being criticized, :lol: .

They start shooting in September, so there's still time to recast. Also, she obviously won't be in just one episode because as said above, Nadine Cross is a sizable character in the novel and Boone being a huge fan of The Stand and having worked on it for years, will try to stick as close as possible to the novel. Several of the actors on the IMDB listing are listed for only one as well and will obviously be in the whole thing.

Ade3

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ade3 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:07 pm

I read on people's twitter posts that there were loads of negative messages on that instagram which were deleted and then comments were closed. She gets the most unbelievable amounts of negative comments. The whole thing just puzzles me - it isn't as if she has some particular acting talent. I banged on about this at the time - over both one of the Dior campaigns (what would you do for love) and Grindelwald, that yes - there were negative comments but the vast majority were positive. Yet the media reported as if every single comment was bad. Yet it is never a news story that L'Oreal or ACLU or Marie Claire get overwhelmed with negative feedback.

On the subject of social media comments - it is so much better reading comments on Johnny now - the negatives are far fewer and many of them just sound delusional even if you don't know much about it.

Sorry this isn't on the lawsuits! I'll stop.

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:28 pm

hollyberry wrote:Now this is interesting.
Nadine Cross was a major character in the novel, so if Heard is only in one episode it seems very likely that they might of recast her.
HollyBerry, I don't know where IMDB gets its episode details to lnow if we can trust that to be accurate. I won't be watching it, regardless. However, the character of Frannie is also shown as appearing in only 1 episode, but I read that the story was told through her in the movie. If they are following the movie, wouldn't Frannie be in most of the episodes?

Interestingly, Frannie is played by Odessa Young, who played Johnny's daughter in The Professor.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Joni » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Joni wrote:
Ade-ele wrote:I read on people's twitter posts that there were loads of negative messages on that instagram which were deleted and then comments were closed. She gets the most unbelievable amounts of negative comments. The whole thing just puzzles me - it isn't as if she has some particular acting talent. I banged on about this at the time - over both one of the Dior campaigns (what would you do for love) and Grindelwald, that yes - there were negative comments but the vast majority were positive. Yet the media reported as if every single comment was bad. Yet it is never a news story that L'Oreal or ACLU or Marie Claire get overwhelmed with negative feedback.

On the subject of social media comments - it is so much better reading comments on Johnny now - the negatives are far fewer and many of them just sound delusional even if you don't know much about it.

Sorry this isn't on the lawsuits! I'll stop.
Thank you. It would be nice to get this thread back on topic. :goodvibes:

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 pm

News from The Blast:

Amber Heard's 'Friend' Goes on the Record:
'I Never Saw Amber Injured in Any Way' at the Hands of Johnny Depp

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 pm

Is it :santahat: In July?! This designer said she still works for Scamber and considers them to be friends. Can't imagine Scamber wants her around after this. WOW!

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:26 pm

:bell: :bell: :bell:
Laura Divenere's full declaration:

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:38 pm

:thanks!: Chocolat for posting The Blast's article and the full declaration!

Not only does the designer recount Scamber verbally abusing her former assistant, Kate, the designer says this:
I interacted frequently with Johnny Depp on a professional basis. I found him always to be delightful. I never witnessed him being aggressive with anyone.

HA HA HAHA! Who's laughin' now, babe?

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:40 pm

So that’s her stylist and her decorator. I wonder who else will talk. :perplexed:

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:16 pm

SnoopyDances wrote:So that’s her stylist and her decorator. I wonder who else will talk. :perplexed:

Good question. I'm eager to see what Raquel Pennington will do. If she's smart, she'll spill the beans on her ex-friend and save herself from perjury.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:36 pm

Of course she made sure to tag some of the valuable things Johnny bought and who knows what else she took that didn't belong to her either. Her IG shows that she took the bed, bedroom furniture, living room furniture and other things. Nice to see she is enjoying Johnny's things from when she "feared for her life." :smh: :facepalm: :no2:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Quin55

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Quin55 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:55 pm

Glad she took the bed. Now she has somewhere to "go", if you know what I mean.

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:15 pm

This designer even lived for a time in the Eastern Columbia, I guess while working for them or just her. But I'm half expecting a snarky comment about how Scamber wouldn't share details about her personal life with "the help." Laura, however, specified her relationship with Johnny was professional, while she is friends with Scamber.

If Scamber wasn't such a terrible actress, I think she'd be a prime suspect for this:

Celebrity fraud: FBI hunt for 'Con Queen of Hollywood The FBI says it is searching for victims of the so-called "Con Queen of Hollywood", who has been offering bogus entertainment jobs abroad.... In April, Victoria Alonso, executive vice president of production at Marvel, discovered a scammer was using her identity to conduct explicit telephone auditions with aspiring actors.

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Quin55 wrote:Glad she took the bed. Now she has somewhere to "go", if you know what I mean.
:lolsign: :harhar: :biglaugh: