The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Judymac

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:48 pm

I am one of the people who said The Amber Heard lawsuit is not about the money. I did not mean that Johnny should not take the money, I meant that his reputation is more important than money. The lawsuit is about Amber's reputation too. Johnny needs to get his good reputation back and Amber needs to be exposed as a manipulative liar. I hope Johnny gets a huge monetary judgement against her. I want Amber to feel pain every time she looks at her bank account. She could not move on quietly from the divorce. Amber wants to be the center of attention and she got lots of attention as a spokesperson for domestic violence. Now it is time for her to pay for her lies.

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:49 pm

Judymac wrote:I am one of the people who said The Amber Heard lawsuit is not about the money. I did not mean that Johnny should not take the money, I meant that his reputation is more important than money. The lawsuit is about Amber's reputation too. Johnny needs to get his good reputation back and Amber needs to be exposed as a manipulative liar. I hope Johnny gets a huge monetary judgement against her. I want Amber to feel pain every time she looks at her bank account. She could not move on quietly from the divorce. Amber wants to be the center of attention and she got lots of attention as a spokesperson for domestic violence. Now it is time for her to pay for her lies.
:agreesign:
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:22 am

More today from The Blast.
Depp's team send subpoena to James Franco.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:02 pm

What will happen if Franco is not willing to answer the questions?
I do hope he fears the sentences for perjurie.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:51 pm

Thanks, Chocolat, for the link. It’s a back and forth article, but Mr. Waldman sets everyone straight at the end:

“. . . Depp's lawyer disagrees, telling The Blast, "Surveillance footage and sworn witnesses place Mr. Musk and Mr. Franco separately sneaking into Johnny Depp’s penthouse in the nights after Amber Heard’s May 21 face beating claims. Ms. Heard’s team has now admitted Mr. Franco is the man cuddling with a nightgown-clad, perfect-faced Ms. Heard and hiding from the elevator surveillance camera at 11:00 PM on May 22, the day after her face beating hoax. Lies beget lies. Ms. Heard’s absurd pre-textual excuse for Mr. Franco’s presence in the elevator to Mr. Depp’s penthouse floor is that it was a chance encounter because James Franco 'lived in the building.'"

He continues, "That is a lie. Mr. Franco didn't and doesn't live in the building. Nor does he live in the hallway of Mr. Depp’s private penthouse floor to which elevator 3 goes.. . .”
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:33 pm

:censored: :censored: :censored: :mad2:
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:34 pm

justintime wrote:Thanks, Chocolat, for the link. It’s a back and forth article, but Mr. Waldman sets everyone straight at the end:

“. . . Depp's lawyer disagrees, telling The Blast, "Surveillance footage and sworn witnesses place Mr. Musk and Mr. Franco separately sneaking into Johnny Depp’s penthouse in the nights after Amber Heard’s May 21 face beating claims. Ms. Heard’s team has now admitted Mr. Franco is the man cuddling with a nightgown-clad, perfect-faced Ms. Heard and hiding from the elevator surveillance camera at 11:00 PM on May 22, the day after her face beating hoax. Lies beget lies. Ms. Heard’s absurd pre-textual excuse for Mr. Franco’s presence in the elevator to Mr. Depp’s penthouse floor is that it was a chance encounter because James Franco 'lived in the building.'"

He continues, "That is a lie. Mr. Franco didn't and doesn't live in the building. Nor does he live in the hallway of Mr. Depp’s private penthouse floor to which elevator 3 goes.. . .”

It's always a positive sign when Adam Waldman provides a statement. I'm confident he and his team have everything in order and lining up more witnesses and evidence. My guess is that the subpoena issued to James Franco is for a deposition. It will be interesting to see how the questioning will go and what James Franco will reveal, or not. I just hope he mans up and does the right thing and not avoid the questions, much like Amber Heard did over and over during her deposition. That was a circus!
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Chocolat wrote: It's always a positive sign when Adam Waldman provides a statement. I'm confident he and his team have everything in order and lining up more witnesses and evidence. My guess is that the subpoena issued to James Franco is for a deposition. It will be interesting to see how the questioning will go and what James Franco will reveal, or not. I just hope he mans up and does the right thing and not avoid the questions,much like Amber Heard did over and over during her deposition. That was a circus!
I agree, Chocolat, especially re: a Franco deposition, and the earlier Heard deposition “circus”. Apt descriptions.

Just so sick of all the lying, particularly how easily those on AH’s side of the room just keep perpetuating and elaborating upon the hideous lies she started. Not a sliver of truth anywhere. What a festering nest of empty, greedy, soulless creatures she has around her. When I think that if just one of them - or even one of those witnessing or suspecting the abuse Johnny was enduring, friend or foe - had been struck by a bolt of conscience and courage four years ago, Johnny could have been spared all this hell.

Johnny looks wonderful now, most of the time, but it’s easy to see he’s lost so much personally and professionally (can’t help likening - though very different circumstances - the hurt and disappointment of The Professor and The City of Lies debacles to what he experienced with The Libertine/Weinstein). I wonder, now, if there is any hope the defamation case vs AH might come to trial sooner than next year. In all honesty, it’s just too much time for the Viper’s ruthless, twisted brain to be on the loose.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Quin55

Unread post by Quin55 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:02 am

I agree that a moving up of this court date would be a great development toward justice. He's waited long enough and frankly so have we, the people who care about him. I can't stand the fact that her lies are going to continue to go on unchallenged for 8 more months. Yes I know that Mr. Waldman, the attorney, issues rebuttals to most of the nonsense and I'm glad of that, but still...

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:34 am

It is unbelievable that all this happened, two days after Betty Sue left us. I despise this snake for what she did to Johnny and his family. I hope so much that Mr. Waldman can help Johnny. Ah ... I never thought that James Franco was involved in this reverberating and evil game. (maybe unknowingly). Oh my God, if he's a good soul, he'll relieve Johnny.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:58 pm

I don't know masses about James Franco and I believe that when there were rumblings about him and he missed out on an Oscar nomination I said things like "I can't judge, I don't know the facts" etc - influenced of course by what happened to Johnny. I had no idea he was caught up in this. But it seems pretty clear to me that if he was a decent person he would not have been sneaking around like this - I don't want to pre-judge but given her record and their body language you can imagine what happened. She was married. That's not ok. Secondly he has kept quiet all this time - I suppose his argument will be that he didn't want to interfere, that it would have been just another famous white man 'siding' with another famous white men etc etc. But- he saw her unbruised face, must have known from the subsequent furore that she was lying - and still did nothing? Was he worried he'd be accused of the bruise?

I wonder what he will do, how he will answer? If he says she was bruised he contracts 31 other witnesses, many of whom (police officers for one) will be more believable. Also - if he says that - why didn't he come out and support her? If AH's fans are still convinced of her story I would have thought they'd be angry that he hasn't supported her.

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:49 pm

In exposing her, he would have a hard time not exposing himself as being involved with her going who knows how far back? They were in Pineapple Express together, where some said his character was partly based on Johnny.

There are also a couple recent blind items from the often fictional cdan site seeming to refer to Franco & Heard. One is that Hollywood wants the Depp-Heard battle quashed since it could reveal her link to a major dealer who services the industry and no one wants that dealer exposed or shut down. The blind says she introduced many people to the dealer. Could Franco with his backpack be the dealer? Again, I take all these blind "reveals" with a grain of salt since so many are silly and repetitive, but Franco, Heard and Timothy Chalamet on the Adderall Diaries were revealed as the answer to a blind accusing an actor and actress of getting a much younger actor drunk/drugged before sleeping with him during a movie shoot. The young actor was upset because he wouldn't have done that if he hadn't been drugged and coerced. Quite a coincidence that Chalamet is the actor Lily recently seemed to be dating.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:05 pm

The actor’s attorney Adam Waldman confirmed to PEOPLE he plans to subpoena Franco and Elon Musk as “fact witnesses” on behalf of his client. “We already know from 87 surveillance videos and 31 eyewitnesses what Elon Musk and James Franco saw the week of May 21 — that Ms Heard’s ‘battered face’ was a hoax,” Waldman said.

A rep for Franco did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~

Quin55

Unread post by Quin55 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:06 am

I don't have any faith that Franco will tell the truth. If he's with her, he's as sleazy as she is and that doesn't bode well for our side. Dear God, I hope I'm wrong.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:11 am

Committing perjury is a very, very serious, prison sentence inducing matter. If he were the only witness that would be one thing, but he'd be up against the statements of 31 others. He'd be better to just say he can't remember what her face looked like!