The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
jruoss

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by jruoss » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:44 pm

Ruby Begonia wrote:I remember reading that Gina's injuries were attributed to a go-cart accident. During filiming in Australia, Johnny was living at the compound of a famous race car driver who has a go-cart track on the premises. But of course that could have been a cover story.
I realize this is just one aspect of the whole situation, but the injury to Johnny's hand/finger business... were there 2 different actual injuries? I remember reading about the go cart incident during the filming of P5, but not about Gina Deuters. Just that Johnny's hand had been injured in a go cart crash, causing him to go back to the U.S. for a period. Then there was the story about how Johnny purposely?? cut off the tip of his own finger while high on ecstasy and wrote something about "Billy Bob". This is the first I've heard the thrown vodka bottle/ "Easy Amber" description, and then something about losing the tip of his finger after throwing a phone through a window also? Are these all different versions of how the same injury occurred?
#when cliques attack
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 pm

I am glad to see him finally pursuing her lies with such vigor. What a snake. And I remain bewildered that any man found or continues to find her worth bedding. She is horsey, you know? Anyway, all my support to Mr. Depp and his legal mates. It will surely be a nasty process -- getting rid of vermin always is. And damn the details -- we will never know. I trust him.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:22 pm

jruoss wrote:Are these all different versions of how the same injury occurred?
#when cliques attack
JRuoss, it's more than confusing. I believe Johnny's lawsuit claim that she injured his hand by throwing the vodka bottle at him. I think the 3 stories you referenced are all different false explanations of the same finger/hand injury:

Johnny's cover story during filming to avoid scandal (it could be that Gina was hurt while go-carting in an entirely separate incident which they decided to use for cover; can't believe Amber would throw a bottle at him in front of Gina and hit her by accident but who knows?);

Amber's ridiculous paint story that she must have sold to tabloids around the time she sold the bruised face pics to People and the illegally recorded kitchen video to TMZ;

And then the rumor from somewhere that, in a jealous rage over online pics of Amber having a romantic relationship with a French bi celebrity named Marie while she was filiming in Europe, he smashed the phone into a sliding glass door, cutting iff his finger. JamberNews?

The only comic relief in the Billy Bob - Easy Amber story was how quickly Billy Bob threw his 2 cents to TMZ, grateful to be getting a lot of publicity from a sensational story.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:36 pm

Ruby Begonia wrote:To go ahead and file the $50 mil defamation case against Scamber, it's likely that Johnny's legal team has a document or testimony from someone that Disney ultimately decided to drop him from Pirates 6 as a result of her Dec 2018 op-ed in The Post. That's key.
Yes, Ruby Begonia, you are absolutely right. Sworn testimony, a “cause and effect” document, is indeed the key. But again, there are layers: How did this twit ever get that piece printed in The Washington Post? We’re talking borderline, big-time respectability here, not quite your typical tabloid rag.

Rumors had been flying faster and louder since October (2018), at least, that Johnny’s character was being written out of any subsequent POTC sequel, reboot, whatever. Lots of negative feedback followed. Disney nice guys were desperate for a legitimizing reason that would appear to sanction their decision. Lo and behold, out of the ether comes AH to the rescue, with op-ed in hand for The WP’s consideration. Four days after it’s printed, Johnny was officially out. Anyone really believe this was all just one marvelous, convenient coincidence?

We may never know the details - I honestly don’t think I want to know anymore than is already out there. It makes my mind hurt and my heart ache to have confirmed that so much evil and turmoil was so cavalierly hurled Johnny’s way for at least the past three years. BUT, I sure do hope Johnny, and those now standing beside him, are very well aware of every single name and detail, and are leaving no door unopened as they work to have him unequivocally exonerated of even a whisper of impropriety.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 am

The best he can hope for is to mount such a fight that she will back down in fear of losing her own money. Total exoneration is impossible in our society. There is always someone prepared to throw dirt.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:22 am

Awwww, fireflydances, you needn’t burst my totally irrational bubble so quickly . . . I know; it just felt so good to write it. I must say, however, I don’t think total exoneration is impossible, just the acceptance of it. So what, then, is the value in having such a decision rendered? To hear it. To have the truth recognized in that one place in our so-called civilized society where it cannot be diminished or undone by the mob rule of social media and public opinion. I think Johnny is in a place now where he really needs that validation - to hear it.

I believe that “fight” you’ve described is in the making.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:14 am

Two things I have to say here:
First of all POTC without Johnny is NOT POTC. There are movie franchises - the Star Wars franchise for example - that can continue with different characters but Captain Jack Sparrow is POTC. Everyone else, good though they may be, are supporting characters.
Secondly.....I am profoundly glad Johnny is suing Heard. Ever since she accused him of abuse I have tried not to despise this woman, but as someone who actually knows an abuse victim the facts just didn't add up.
Finally....please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere that a police officer called to their home stated something along the lines of this:
"We saw no evidence of spousal abuse. Not by Depp, anyway."

Good luck Johnny. It's time the world heard your side of things.

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:31 am

I am glad he is suing her. It is not only Disney, but they also had problems with him beeing Grindelwald. I do not know how many people were against it that he should work for WB.
He has now two movies with his own money in it. She could release some interview just before the premieres of those movies to hurt them. He has to stop her and I suppose it is the only possibility to do so. She only loves herself and the money.

Tara

Unread post by Tara » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:12 am

I see her lawyer has responded with the old 'vow to not be silenced' statement going on to say that it is Johnny who is unable to face the truth. Of course, she had to respond with something, but her continuous lying makes me so angry!! :mad2:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:42 am

I'm not sure this is really about 50 million - she doesn't have that and I think unless someone at Disney is prepared to go on record and say "yes we made a decision based on her article" - it will be hard to prove the link. BUT the purpose surely is to get the truth out. She could presumably halt the lawsuit and come to an agreement by coming out publicly and saying she made it all up; or she can go through the lawsuit and have her lies exposed. It may be that they launched this lawsuit because they can see that the Sun case might still allow her to wriggle free. If she doesn't participate - all the evidence comes to light but she can say "they silenced me, I couldn't get my evidence out etc etc etc". This is shock and awe tactics!

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:44 am

To be honest I'm baffled that she's decided to drag it out, Aquaman was a respectable hit, so she should have let it rest and moved on.
The good thing is, Grindelwald was successful critically and commercially and the critics all gave Johnny Kudos for his performance, so that's uplifting. :bouquet:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:44 am

Thank you Hollyberry - you've uplifted me with that post

Sweeney Todd

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 am

hollyberry wrote:To be honest I'm baffled that she's decided to drag it out, Aquaman was a respectable hit, so she should have let it rest and moved on.
It's because she's a sociopath. A real abuser. And the media aiding her is immoral.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:26 am

Somewhere, deep inside her cold heart, she has to be worried over all the recent developments.
If she has a smidgen of humanness and above all a conscience, she must be going through hell right now.
She's out of excuses for keeping silent and feeling the affects of being cornered with no way out as I see it.
If she testifies, all the ugly evidence will come out and if she admits to wrong doing, she falls hard as well.
It was a long time coming but we're glad that Johnny is fighting back. And best be sure, the timing of it is very well calculated. He gave her enough rope to hang herself.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:40 am

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."