The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
AdeleAgain

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:32 pm

Does anyone know when the Sun defamation hearing is? I just have a queasy feeling that it's all going to coincide with the CoG premiere. It would really be ideal to have everything out in the open before then, I really hope the rest of the evidence gets dropped into the public domain in the next few days.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Ade wrote:Does anyone know when the Sun defamation hearing is? I just have a queasy feeling that it's all going to coincide with the CoG premiere. It would really be ideal to have everything out in the open before then, I really hope the rest of the evidence gets dropped into the public domain in the next few days.
I don't know the date but I have the feeling it will happen before the premiere. I have seen some pages of the court papers and it just might help the nonbelievers to think again because his version of events is completely different than her's and he has witnesses.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:49 am

Thanks ForeverYoung - I hope so. I saw the document which was his rebuttal to her and Raquel Pennington's statements but it would just be so wonderful if either the case was over and he was exonerated and the Sun apologises or we get more evidence revealed before 16 November. One of the reasons that I think his rebuttal hasn't been that widely reported in the media is that you could still say it's he-said-she-said, and the really convincing pieces in there e.g. the fact that the police gave statements, the inconsistency over the photo of her bruise and the apartment being smashed up, and the body guard - have already been publicly available - albeit that the haters ignore them. Hopefully there will either be something new which gets widely reported (as the bed poo incident did) or it all gets put together and the verdict is in! I am so curious as to what is in those emails. I am also very nervous about what else she may do.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Ade wrote:Thanks ForeverYoung - I hope so. I saw the document which was his rebuttal to her and Raquel Pennington's statements but it would just be so wonderful if either the case was over and he was exonerated and the Sun apologises or we get more evidence revealed before 16 November. One of the reasons that I think his rebuttal hasn't been that widely reported in the media is that you could still say it's he-said-she-said, and the really convincing pieces in there e.g. the fact that the police gave statements, the inconsistency over the photo of her bruise and the apartment being smashed up, and the body guard - have already been publicly available - albeit that the haters ignore them. Hopefully there will either be something new which gets widely reported (as the bed poo incident did) or it all gets put together and the verdict is in! I am so curious as to what is in those emails. I am also very nervous about what else she may do.
In his papers he also states that he only went there to get his things and was there all of ten minutes. Here is link to the article about his response papers and in the article there is another link to see the actual court documents.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018 ... -incident/
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

PaulKemp

Unread post by PaulKemp » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:09 pm

In some countries the Radar article does not open.
You can download/read the latest court docs here.

https://www.docdroid.net/JU2xOOU/Johnny ... nt-doc.pdf

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:10 pm

If one sue people for violence one could at least show up in court, but Rocky didn’t. Is that a tacit admission,that Johnny didn’t hit him while they filmed City of Lies?

nebraska

Unread post by nebraska » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:53 pm

meeps wrote:If one sue people for violence one could at least show up in court, but Rocky didn’t. Is that a tacit admission,that Johnny didn’t hit him while they filmed City of Lies?
Perhaps his mission was accomplished. The movie was shelved. Johnny's reputation took another hit. Maybe that was all he (and whoever might have been behind him) wanted. :censored: I would think that should be the end of his suit. I can't believe he gets another court date.

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:03 pm

Happy this story appears ahead of today's anti- Johnny articles (at least on my news feed). Unhappy that 7 paragraphs are spent rehashing the claims of the guy who didn't bother to show, while only the bottom 3 concern Johnny's denial. And no mention at all of JD's defense of the homeless woman.

Hope the case gets dismissed and the guy has to pay Depp's legal fees. Whole thing sounds like another scam. :censored:

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 am

nebraska wrote:
meeps wrote:If one sue people for violence one could at least show up in court, but Rocky didn’t. Is that a tacit admission,that Johnny didn’t hit him while they filmed City of Lies?
Perhaps his mission was accomplished. The movie was shelved. Johnny's reputation took another hit. Maybe that was all he (and whoever might have been behind him) wanted. :censored: I would think that should be the end of his suit. I can't believe he gets another court date.
I agree about him getting another court date, if he had good reasons for not being there he or his lawyer should have let them know but then again if the case was dropped due to that then everyone would just think that Johnny got away with it. Better to have another court appearance and have Johnny clear his name.
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:13 am

I agree :love:

Sweeney Todd

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:54 am

The media simply isn't interested in giving this coverage, huh?
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:31 pm

In-too-Depp wrote:
nebraska wrote: Perhaps his mission was accomplished. The movie was shelved. Johnny's reputation took another hit. Maybe that was all he (and whoever might have been behind him)wanted. :censored: I would think that should be the end of his suit. I can't believe he gets another court date.
I agree about him getting another court date, if he had good reasons for not being there he or his lawyer should have let them know but then again if the case was dropped due to that then everyone would just think that Johnny got away with it. Better to have another court appearance and have Johnny clear his name.
Sweeney Todd wrote:The media simply isn’t interested in giving this coverage, huh?
Yes, nebraska, “mission accomplished”, yet again.
I agree, ItD, Johnny must follow through in as many instances as possible to secure actual “court decisions”, not “behind the scenes agreements” that will be twisted against him in perpetuity.

I don’t know how Johnny can keep moving forward when bottomless pockets are out there viciously blindsiding him at every turn. He has been pointedly vocal about the determination of “forces” against him on several occasions - the magazine interviews and one telling comment at the ZFF (while talking backstage with the IFOD, I believe). It is becoming more and more obvious: Those who have pledged to “bury him” are pulling out all the stops. Film critics for FBCOG have sunk to new lows, blatently using their reviews now as convenient vehicles to resurrect selective bits of the DV allegations - whole paragraphs, in some cases - which, in turn, are giving rise to ever-more lengthy, defamatory “articles”. Even some who give the film a positive review have no qualms about launching into a no-holds-barred put-down of Johnny.

You are right, Sweeney, the media isn’t interested in the truth as it pertains to Johnny. And, I fear, if Johnny ever does find himself truly exonerated across the board of all allegations, the media will never let him be. They have far too much invested in the “monster” they have gleefully created, on their own or at the behest of others, than in the decent human being they are destroying.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:38 pm

It was a Case Management Conference that Rocky Brooks and his lawyers failed to appear at.
The jury trial is scheduled for 21 October 2019.
Depp's lawyers are asking for sanctions for failure to appear.

There was a tweet months ago from someone who implied that Rocky had tried some sort of scam on a previous film production. There is no way I can verify if this has any truth but it does lead to an alternate theory. Maybe Rocky is not backed by anyone but just an opportunistic scammer who thought Depp and the production would pay up rather than have more negative news. If Rocky did have an argument with Depp about homeless woman, that made Rocky angry.

Tara

Unread post by Tara » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:23 am

Does anyone here know the court date for The Sun fiasco? I want to know when I can start breathing again.

I can understand Rocky idiot being handed a new court date, but not for 2019 - a months grace maybe, but a whole year? Ridiculous!

How is it possible for Johnny to move forward with all this hanging over his head like the sword of Damocles!

Ragdoll

Unread post by Ragdoll » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:29 pm

The article said this fall, which would imply the trial would start by the end of November, but I can't see that happening because FB2 will still be going strong by then and I'm sure JK Rowling would not want to interfere with that.