The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:08 pm

Thank you so much, Lbock. A ray of light in Johnny’s corner! So very happy to read this bit of positive info. Betty Sue must be smiling - her son is still surviving the bullies . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
moviemom
Posts: 18059
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm
Location: Florida
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by moviemom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Some good news in this insane legal mess!
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd :sweeneysmile:

User avatar
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: under a pile of books
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Yeah, I feel semi optimistic. The decision to merge the cases seems fair and reasonable. Does the case continue with this judge? US legal system is very combative. Everything is a fight. I hope it works out for him. His steadfastness over the past few months, and the projects he's taken on -- like the narration of the Rolling Stone's documentary--is excellent. Man's got backbone, never a bad trait.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:28 pm

You are welcome. I think it is good it was combined so the judge and jury can see all the mismanagment across many years, not this one loan.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:33 pm

Lbock wrote:You are welcome. I think it is good it was combined so the judge and jury can see all the mismanagment across many years, not this one loan.
Excellent point

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:44 pm

So Blooms vacation home auction never happened. (He is the x lawyer that Johnny is suing) Cheeky little me (who has been an agent before) emailed the agent and simply asked if it sold.

“Thank you for the ask. Mother Nature brought in 27" of snow the day before and day of the Bloom auction so no one, including the representing broker and the title company, was able to reach the house. We will be sending out an email blast to all who previewed and inquired that all offers will be considered for review by the Blooms. If you or someone you know will be or should submit an offer, please let me know.
Best regards,”

So now ALL offers are being considered. Sounds Iike they are no longer sticking with the minimum of $11M. I hope he sells so Johnny can recover some money.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Lbock wrote:So Blooms vacation home auction never happened. (He is the x lawyer that Johnny is suing) Cheeky little me (who has been an agent before) emailed the agent and simply asked if it sold.

“Thank you for the ask. Mother Nature brought in 27" of snow the day before and day of the Bloom auction so no one, including the representing broker and the title company, was able to reach the house. We will be sending out an email blast to all who previewed and inquired that all offers will be considered for review by the Blooms. If you or someone you know will be or should submit an offer, please let me know.
Best regards,”

So now ALL offers are being considered. Sounds Iike they are no longer sticking with the minimum of $11M. I hope he sells so Johnny can recover some money.

I love it! :hatsoff:

User avatar
sleepy
JDZ Founder
Posts: 6883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Indian Territory
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by sleepy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:43 pm

What vacation home is being discussedd?
Funny ol' world, innit?

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:09 pm

sleepy wrote:What vacation home is being discussedd?
Jacob Bloom, the attorney Johnny fired and is suing. Bloom listed his vacation home in November 2016 right about the time Johnny was getting ready to move forward with suing TMG. In Johnnys complain against Bloom, he stated that Bloom knew about the foreclosure and didn’t tell him from the beginning among other things. (The foreclosure happening because there was a clause that if Johnny fired TMG it would create an event of default and they could take his houses). So listing the house pretty much coincides with all the legal turmoil getting started. The house didn’t sell so they put it up for auction. It did not sell st the first one in January (I think) so they set up a second auction with a lower reserve, but it snowed and couldn’t hold the auction

http://eliteauctions.com/portfolio/sun-valley-id/

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 50983
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Lbock wrote:
sleepy wrote:What vacation home is being discussedd?
Jacob Bloom, the attorney Johnny fired and is suing. Bloom listed his vacation home in November 2016 right about the time Johnny was getting ready to move forward with suing TMG. In Johnnys complain against Bloom, he stated that Bloom knew about the foreclosure and didn’t tell him from the beginning among other things. (The foreclosure happening because there was a clause that if Johnny fired TMG it would create an event of default and they could take his houses). So listing the house pretty much coincides with all the legal turmoil getting started. The house didn’t sell so they put it up for auction. It did not sell st the first one in January (I think) so they set up a second auction with a lower reserve, but it snowed and couldn’t hold the auction

http://eliteauctions.com/portfolio/sun-valley-id/
Thanks Lbock. It's a beautiful home!

But I'm still confused as to Johnny's involvement here. :perplexed:
Does Johnny owe money on this house too?
Did Bloom secure a loan through TMG and they are threatening foreclosure on this property because Johnny sued TMG? :perplexed2:
Or is Bloom forced to sell the home because Johnny fired/suing him? :perplexed3:

I'm just missing the connection. :dunce:

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Johnny is suing Bloom for allot of money. Hoping Bloom is trying to pull money together for a settlement. Timing was interesting. Malpractice insurance doesn’t cover intentionally doing things wrong. Maybe Blooms law firm is also pushing a settlement idk

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 50983
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Lbock wrote:Johnny is suing Bloom for allot of money. Hoping Bloom is trying to pull money together for a settlement. Timing was interesting. Malpractice insurance doesn’t cover intentionally doing things wrong. Maybe Blooms law firm is also pushing a settlement idk
:ok:

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3172
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:56 am

Latest wrinkle :-/

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 50983
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:42 am

Both sides will continue to dicker about things until August. Then the side most likely to lose will probably file for another extension. :bored:

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 am

meeps wrote:Latest wrinkle :-/
Not sure this is a wrinkle. It’s actuslly a boring rehash article the Daily Mail was holding for when some news came out about Johnny that they could piggy back in (FB trailer being released)

Obviously Mandel is trying to show that Depp is still living his lavish lifestyle in debt. But it is public knowledge of all he has sold off in property, art, etc But Depp’s people are showing that his new management company had no trouble getting him a conventional commercial loan at reasonable rates, so there was no need for that hard money loan that took his residuals or the Mandel loan that are taking his properties.

Mandels are trying to do what Amber did when she asked for the Hollywood Vampire personal financial records thinking JD was hiding money. Mandels don’t believe White got a normal loan and want to prove that.

My understanding from a previous article, I think Depp’s team was willing to share some of the loan doc info, but Mandels are pushing to see all of his financials since switching to White and all of Whites personal financials.

I think it may be quite likely the Mandels had trouble getting decent loans for Depp because they ruined their own credibility in the finance community with how they treated clients (they were ultimately the ones responsible for paying everything)