FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
Jack's Wench
Posts: 41167
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Jack's Wench » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:53 pm

This is exciting news! :giddy:
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

User avatar
magicmoment
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Thailand
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by magicmoment » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:46 pm

jruoss wrote: I wonder if he has any feelings one way or another about working so closely with someone who just co-starred with Amber Heard (The Danish Girl).
I don't think her role in that movie can be considered as a co-star since she appeared very briefly in the film, few seconds with Eddie. So I don't think Johnny and Eddie would have any hard feelings towards each other. Seeing backstage pics when Johnny attened those Danish Girl event, he seemed to get along well with Eddie, and they seemed to spend more time with each other than Eddie and Amber.

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 163392
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Gilbert's Girl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Grindelwald is a character mentioned in the Potter stories but was not part of them being from a different era

User avatar
ibbi 3
Posts: 25236
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Holland
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by ibbi 3 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Chocolat wrote:From the trailer, Johnny?

Image
:ok:

Never read Happy Potter and only saw halve of the first movie, never been interested in it. I just saw the trailer to this, it has some good actors, I will give it a try for Johnny. :goodvibes:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 163392
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Gilbert's Girl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:12 pm

ibbi 3 wrote:
Chocolat wrote:From the trailer, Johnny?

Image
:ok:

Never read Happy Potter and only saw halve of the first movie, never been interested in it. I just saw the trailer to this, it has some good actors, I will give it a try for Johnny. :goodvibes:
I watched the trailer but didn't see the screen cap that is supposed to be the above

User avatar
Theresa
JDZ Webmaster
Posts: 27225
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 am
Location: Houston, Texas
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Theresa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:41 pm

It's in this IMAX fan event featurette, close to the end.

[bbvideo=640,360]https://youtu.be/MnapHA2OCoU[/bbvideo]

User avatar
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 3351
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: under a pile of books
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by fireflydances » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:22 pm

I am enormously excited about this! Love the Potter books and movies -- we just got done looking at the lot of them again last weekend. So to find out that Johnny will come on board as a terrible villain I love it. Just the best thing that could happen (for me and, of course, for Johnny :agree2:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

User avatar
Sweeney Todd
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:48 am

magicmoment wrote:
jruoss wrote: I wonder if he has any feelings one way or another about working so closely with someone who just co-starred with Amber Heard (The Danish Girl).
I don't think her role in that movie can be considered as a co-star since she appeared very briefly in the film, few seconds with Eddie. So I don't think Johnny and Eddie would have any hard feelings towards each other. Seeing backstage pics when Johnny attened those Danish Girl event, he seemed to get along well with Eddie, and they seemed to spend more time with each other than Eddie and Amber.
:agree:

Image
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 163392
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Gilbert's Girl » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:59 am

Not sure what Amber being in a film with Eddie Redmayne would have with regard to how Johnny gets on with Eddie Redmayne. The way most films are made actors tend not to spend time with each other off screen and may only see certain actors for the scenes they are in together and often not until they do that scene.
I was surprised that they even went to the Premieres of The Danish Girl since Amber was not a major character but I just assume it was because she likes to be seen.

Thanks Theresa for that featurette. I did wonder if Johnny was in that bit where the trailer was showing the sign saying Squires someone with blonde hair was walking around its base.

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3393
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by meeps » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:55 am

No, I don't think, that just because two people have been in the same movie it necessarily mean, that they are now best friends forever afterwards. The fact that Johnny usually becomes friends with the people working in his movies probably says more about him and his sweet way of being than about the Hollywood norm for that :truefan:
That said, I don't know anything about Redmayne and Heard's feelings for each other or lack of same :flirt:

This movie does present another problem for Johnny though. Although he might not care much or worry about that himself.
I have seen several people online protesting, that a man - Johnny in this case - who has been accused of wife abuse should not be in a movie presumably made for children ... Their argument being, that JK Rowling's books are clearly against bullying.
The old adage; innocent until proven guilty (and in a court of law, I would add) is clearly unfashionable among some of the online commentators :rolleyes:

User avatar
ibbi 3
Posts: 25236
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Holland
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by ibbi 3 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:44 am

meeps wrote:No, I don't think, that just because two people have been in the same movie it necessarily mean, that they are now best friends forever afterwards. The fact that Johnny usually becomes friends with the people working in his movies probably says more about him and his sweet way of being than about the Hollywood norm for that :truefan:
That said, I don't know anything about Redmayne and Heard's feelings for each other or lack of same :flirt:

This movie does present another problem for Johnny though. Although he might not care much or worry about that himself.
I have seen several people online protesting, that a man - Johnny in this case - who has been accused of wife abuse should not be in a movie presumably made for children ... Their argument being, that JK Rowling's books are clearly against bullying.
The old adage; innocent until proven guilty (and in a court of law, I would add) is clearly unfashionable among some of the online commentators :rolleyes:
There is alot of protest on social media :-/

nerdist.com/how-fans-uncovered-Johnny-depps-secret-fantastc-beasts-role
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 163392
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Gilbert's Girl » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:10 am

ibbi 3 wrote:
meeps wrote:No, I don't think, that just because two people have been in the same movie it necessarily mean, that they are now best friends forever afterwards. The fact that Johnny usually becomes friends with the people working in his movies probably says more about him and his sweet way of being than about the Hollywood norm for that :truefan:
That said, I don't know anything about Redmayne and Heard's feelings for each other or lack of same :flirt:

This movie does present another problem for Johnny though. Although he might not care much or worry about that himself.
I have seen several people online protesting, that a man - Johnny in this case - who has been accused of wife abuse should not be in a movie presumably made for children ... Their argument being, that JK Rowling's books are clearly against bullying.
The old adage; innocent until proven guilty (and in a court of law, I would add) is clearly unfashionable among some of the online commentators :rolleyes:
There is alot of protest on social media :-/

nerdist.com/how-fans-uncovered-Johnny-depps-secret-fantastc-beasts-role
There are alot of ignorant people out there who do not know the facts but only read headlines. Social media has good points but on the whole its a bad thing

User avatar
magicmoment
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Thailand
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by magicmoment » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:55 am

Actually, it isn't that 'lots'.
Twitter is full of ignorant teenagers who wanna be feminists or SJWs. They believe her since the first day the allegation news came out and don't have any space in their brains for more information or court docs. But if you read many articles on the internet, there are more people who defend him and don't believe her claims. Or they just don't care about his personal life and are glad that he will be in the film.

These ignorant people on Twitter don't really care about Amber Heard, they just wanted to hate something, and Johnny as a rich white male suits their choices for hating.

User avatar
Justme
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:11 pm
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Justme » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:02 pm

jruoss wrote:I haven't seen a single Potter movie. Is Grindelwald a character that's already been established and played by someone else, Oldman perhaps? Or is it a new character that Johnny will be able to establish?
He appeared in a flashbacks and was played by Jamie Campbell Bower (young) & Michael Byrne (old).

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 163392
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK
Status: Offline

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread post by Gilbert's Girl » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Justme wrote:
jruoss wrote:I haven't seen a single Potter movie. Is Grindelwald a character that's already been established and played by someone else, Oldman perhaps? Or is it a new character that Johnny will be able to establish?
He appeared in a flashbacks and was played by Jamie Campbell Bower (young) & Michael Byrne (old).
Thanks for the reminder, as I said I thought he was just mentioned not shown but I remember now