The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:43 pm

I feel the following Tweet sequence concisely and eloquently expresses mine and perhaps many other Zoners’ sentiments regarding the outrageous injustice currently being perpetrated against Johnny Depp in the media. I hope it is not violating any Zone rules by posting it here. It gave me some comfort to read it - needing, I guess, some validation beyond our own - and I hope it does the same for some here.

Natalia
@Natalia79894069
2:05 PM Oct 20, 2019 Twitter Web App

Roberta Kaplan and Amber Heard are perpetrating lies in a media campaign to further defame #JohnnyDepp. Why? Because they have NO credible evidence and NO credible witnesses. #JohnnyDepp CANNOT turn over what does NOT exist. Furthermore, an incident ...

occurred in 1994 and does NOT appear on his criminal record, because he has NO criminal record, when I ran it, is NOT something relevant to this lawsuit, nor is it within the scope of their "fishing expedition." It is inadmissible in a court of law. If Roberta Kaplan and ...

Amber Heard want to pay the court fees themselves and get the initial police report, if it still exists as the case was dismissed, then let them pay for it.

Amber Heard has a criminal record. Amber Heard has falsely accused someone of abuse prior to #JohnnyDepp. Amber Heard ...

has NO credible evidence of abuse or anything else. Amber Heard has NO credible witnesses of abuse or anything else. Amber Heard has substance abuse problems, to illegal drugs and alcohol. Amber Heard is a pathological liar and a fraud. Amber Heard is a violently abusive ...

woman and other VICTIMS of Amber Heard's abuse have come froward to give sworn testimony and sworn declarations of that abuse. Amber Heard is a narcissist and an opportunist who entered into a relationship with #JohnnyDepp to commit criminal acts beyond abuse, with others ...

criminally behind her, including Elon Musk, Ari Emanuel (WME), Joel and Rob Mandel (TMG), Jacob Bloom and the law firm of Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman LLP, Lisa Bloom, and others that will be revealed as the lawsuits against ...

Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman LLP and the defamation lawsuit commence. Each of these individuals, including Amber Heard, are under multiple Federal investigations by multiple Federal agencies for their criminal acts in the malicious ...

hoax and criminal acts perpetrated on #JohnnyDepp. #JohnnyDepp, #AdamWaldman and his legal team, forensic accountants headed by #EdWhite, law enforcement and Federal agencies have credible evidence and credible witnesses to prove the involvement of everyone mentioned and ...

others and will do so in a court of law, not in the media, which is where INNOCENT people go to attain justice.

Roberta Kaplan and Amber Heard can makeup lies, twist facts, and carry on this media campaign of LIES further defaming #JohnnyDepp, but what they can NOT ...

do is stop the lawsuits and Federal indictments that are coming; what they can't do is stop the truth via the legal system, credible evidence and credible witnesses from being publicly known; what they can NOT do is stop #JohnnyDepp from clearing his name at JURY trials and ...

and COURT VERDICTS.

Roberta Kaplan and Amber Heard are DESPERATE and it is evident in these pathetic, malicious, and defamatory attempts via the media.
I have to admit, as angry as I am, I am also upset and concerned. No, not even remotely concerned about Johnny’s innocence. But, undeservedly, he has lost so much, too much already. Though truth and justice may eventually prevail, it sure would be nice if they could do so amidst an unbiased media, against a worthy opponent, and within a time frame that would allow Johnny a bit of his life back.
Last edited by justintime on Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 am

Amber has still not filed an Answer to the Complaint but in my opinion she is admitting that the article WAS written about him by the filing of her motion. None of these documents would prove he was abusive to her anyway and his medical records most likely have incidents that SHE did to HIM.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:00 am

Jonathan Shaw commented on the latest Blast article

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:06 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 am
Amber has still not filed an Answer to the Complaint but in my opinion she is admitting that the article WAS written about him by the filing of her motion. None of these documents would prove he was abusive to her anyway and his medical records most likely have incidents that SHE did to HIM.
I may be way off base here, but didn’t AH do an interview in Europe - Netherlands? - during which she acknowledged it was Johnny she was writing about in the OpEd?
"Stay low." ~ JD

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:21 pm

justintime wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:06 pm
ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 am
I may be way off base here, but didn’t AH do an interview in Europe - Netherlands? - during which she acknowledged it was Johnny she was writing about in the OpEd?
October 18. Before the OpEd

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Thanks, Lbock!

At the very beginning of this video, 0:00, Twan Huys says:
“ . . . Did it affect your career when you stepped into the open world and You wrote this letter - your ex-husband is a famous actor - Johnny Depp . . .”

I didn’t realize this interview took place on October 18th, before the publication of the WPOpEd on December 18th, but after the publication of British GQ’s notorious interview with Johnny, the November issue, which is mentioned by Huys. What letter, then, is Huys referring to? Seems like AH is rambling on about all the same topics she went on about in the OpEd.

Also, note AH states she “split” the $7 million between two entities: the ACLU and the Children’s Hospital of LA. Then lies openly and emphatically to embellish her generosity: “I wanted nothing!”
Last edited by justintime on Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:32 pm

Interesting how Amber Heard chooses her comments in the video clip to be ambiguous. Though she doesn't deny that she wasn't speaking about Johnny, with his photo clearly shown behind her, it's more than suggests that Johnny was the catalyst for her human rights activism. Therefore, viewers are subtly influenced that Amber Heard was abused by her ex-husband.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:36 pm

justintime wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:01 pm
Thanks, Lbock!

At the very beginning of this video, 0:00, Twan Huys says:
“ . . . Did it affect your career when you stepped into the open world and You wrote this letter - your ex-husband is a famous actor - Johnny Depp . . .”

I didn’t realize this interview took place on October 18th, well before the publication of the WPOpEd on December 18th. What letter, then, is he referring to? Seems like AH is rambling on about all the same topics she went on about in the OpEd.
Also, note AH states she “split” the $7 million between two entities: the ACLU and a children’s hospital. Then lies openly and emphatically to embellish her generosity: “I wanted nothing!”
She penned an essay/open letter to victims and published it in Porter Magazine right after her PSA. Then she read it in October 2018. At a Porter event in the name of Metoo anniversary. Surprised Johnny didn’t use this for his defamation after finding his new evidence (or he got the tapes in November after Bloom discovery). I think he concentrated on the OpEd to get the case heard in Virginia. California Anti Slapp are very broad and it may well have been dismissed there

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:32 pm
Interesting how Amber Heard chooses her comments in the video clip to be ambiguous. Though she doesn't deny that she wasn't speaking about Johnny, with his photo clearly shown behind her, it's more than suggests that Johnny was the catalyst for her human rights activism. Therefore, viewers are subtly influenced that Amber Heard was abused by her ex-husband.
But, again, Chocolat, what public letter - written by AH - is Huys referring to that fits into this time frame?? There is no subtlety in how Huys names Johnny Depp as the subject of her “letter”.
"Stay low." ~ JD

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Ahhhhh - again, Thanks, Lbock! For a moment there I felt like I was going around in circles. Dangerous at my age . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:22 pm

It’s bad. Ah got pretty much everything including partners NDA and confidentiality agreements. Seems no time frame limits

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:41 pm

justintime wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:43 pm
Chocolat wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:32 pm
But, again, Chocolat, what public letter - written by AH - is Huys referring to that fits into this time frame?? There is no subtlety in how Huys names Johnny Depp as the subject of her “letter”.
Yes, true, Johnny's name is mentioned by the host as well as the background photo of him, yet Heard does not acknowledge him. I was pointing out her deliberate avoidance of acknowledging Johnny and neither corrects the host either. Thereby, deliberately allowing the viewers/audience to believe Johnny did her harm. This is how she has always played her game, manipulating interviews and speaking engagements to convey her hoax.

Re: Johnathan Shaw's comment. He certainly doesn't hold back, does he? This is not the first time he's voiced his harsh opinion of Heard. Back when all of this exploded, he had some choice words as well. So he must have some knowledge of her evil ways. He's an interesting character to be sure, and very much supports Johnny.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:52 pm

Looks like Johnnys attorneys may have made a mistake. Allowing him to include her original 2016 statement that he abused her when drunk or high, opened the door for her to access his medical records. Also his statement that he never harmed a women, opened the door for HIM to prove it, so she has access to his romantic partners and arrest records for violence, etc

Johnny Depp is Waging a Bitter War Against Amber Heard's Accusations of Abuse [UPDATE]
Joan Summers
2 hours ago

Since March, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard have waged a bitter war in both the court and the press over a defamation lawsuit brought about by the actor against Heard, his ex-wife. The complaint stems from a December 2018 op-ed published in the Washington Post, in which Heard discusses the aftermath of coming forward about sexual assault and domestic violence. Despite never mentioning the perpetrator by name, the op-ed seemed to imply it was Depp, and his lawsuit resurfaced her 2016 restraining order against Depp, and statements by her lawyers that year claiming that Depp had abused her mentally and physically.

Since Depp filed the lawsuit in March it has been stalled, with each side making small concessions and public statements. A recent ruling, however, moves the needle in Heard’s favor.

On Friday, Virginia Judge Bruce White granted Heard’s motion to compel discovery pertaining to her ex-husband’s substance abuse and possible history of domestic violence. Depp and his lawyer Robert Gilmore—who made his career representing banking institutions and petrochemical companies—previously attempted to block Heard’s access to these records. It a move that, coincidentally, echoed Ryan Philippe’s strategy in a recently settled lawsuit.

It’s worth noting that Depp’s lawsuit is predicated on a statement Heard provided to the LAPD in 2016, where she claimed Depp’s abusive behavior was tied to his history of substance abuse. Because of this, Heard’s legal team, which now counts Roberta Kaplan—co-founder of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund—among its ranks, argued such history is relevant. “He put that at issue. He opened the door to it,” lawyer Benjamin Rottenborn argued in court, accusing Depp of “trying to deny Ms. Heard the evidence that she needs” to defend herself.

Depp’s lawyer then claimed that Heard was trying to “taint the jury” and harass the actor. In response, Judge Bruce White questioned why Depp would include his ex-wife’s past statements—as well as the assertion that he has never abused Heard—in the lawsuit if they weren’t relevant to the case. In response, his lawyer argued:

There are many reasons why things are said in complaints. Truthful statements are made. But whether that is a relevant issue for the case to allow open-ended discovery on, is a wholly different matter, Your Honor. Mr. Depp understood that this case, since the public op-ed, is going to be in the public press. And so it’s important for him to say that. But what’s at issue is whether he abused Ms. Heard as she falsely claims.

This begins an interesting interaction between Depp’s lawyer and Judge White. I’ve included their back-and-forth below:

THE COURT: Say that again. That Mr. Depp put that in his complaint because he knew that this would be in the press and it was important for him to put it in the press?

MR. GILMORE: Mr. Depp —

THE COURT: That’s the motivation for that being in the complaint? That’s what you’re saying on the record?

Mr. Gilmore, Depp’s lawyer, goes on to claim that Heard’s request for discovery is “bogus” because Depp is a public figure facing a public accusation. The judge later says this admission is “troubling,” and rules against Depp, asserting that Depp’s original complaint is “broad enough to place these things in issue.”

In a statement provided to Jezebel, Heard’s lawyer Roberta Kaplan suggests that Depp’s legal strategy is backfiring:

“It is Mr. Depp who started this lawsuit on the theory that Ms. Heard somehow made up all the abuse that forced her to obtain a restraining order against Mr. Depp back in 2016. Now that the facts in his own lawsuit are making him uncomfortable, Mr. Depp wants to hide evidence commonly understood to be connected to incidents of domestic violence: his decades-long abuse of drugs and alcohol, his past history of violence, and medical records showing among other things the laundry list of prescription medications he takes daily and injuries from his drug-induced rages. But that is not how litigation works. Mr. Depp started this fight. Ms. Heard intends to finish it by proving, if necessary, the truth of what really happened.”

When asked for comment, Depp’s other counsel Adam Waldman responded:

“Amber Heard no longer feigns any effort to prove her abuse hoax. The mountain of evidence is simply too high, and she and her co-conspirators keep running from their depositions. Instead, she and her #TimesUp legal team have moved on to a vague PR smear campaign against Mr. Depp, for which there will be addiitonal consequences. For the avoidance of doubt, the only person in this case who beat a woman is Amber Heard, and she was arrested and incarcerated for it.”

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:31 pm

The above article link is to Jezebel, for those who don't want to give that rag any more clicks, but thank you for the information, Lbock :thanks!:

I'm a little confused as to the judge ordering release of non-privileged information along with the requirement for Johnny to sign the release form for medical records. Medical records are included in the numbered items the judge referenced as non-privileged, but most medical records are privileged.

Doesn't seem fair to any romantic partners or parties to NDAs or confidential agreements to have their identities or information revealed.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Meanwhile, Amber posted on her IG that she is heading off to Canada for the next few months to film that mini-series. How convenient for her to dodge her deposition again but we all know she will be seen in LA on breaks. Also, judging from Waldman's statement, her friends are dodging their depos too.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."