Fantastic news! Johnny Depp says "Thank you" to the Zone!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a Wisconsin children's hospital.
Jack's Wench

Re: Fantastic news! Johnny Depp says "Thank you" to the Zone!

Unread post by Jack's Wench » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm at a loss for words. Johnny wrote this while he was at home spending well earned time with his family but he still found time to write us to thank us. After reading his last letter to the Zone I didn't think I could love and admire him anymore and today he has proved me wrong.
Thank you Johnny, you are one in a million and that's why we all love you like we do. :bouquet:

Of course, we wouldn't be reading this letter today if it wasn't for the hard work of PtP and all the others Mods on this site, so ladies I take my hat off to you :hatsoff:
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

linnie

Unread post by linnie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Parlez - I had the same thought about the typewriter being an antique. I also love that he wrote the letter on 08-08-08, pretty cool :writer2:

Sandsgirl

Unread post by Sandsgirl » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:48 pm

What a wonderful thing to read. WOW. Thank you Johnny for the beautiful words and for being our inspiration. I am humbled by his words and yet proud to be an admirer of such a man.
Leave you people alone for just a minute and look what happens, everything goes to pot ~ CJS
It may get a wee bit dangerous there sugarbutt ~Sheldon Jeffrey Sands
You add an agreeable sense of the macabre to any delirium~CJS

Carol Darlin'

Unread post by Carol Darlin' » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:51 pm

I love reading all these posts.. every one of them is expressing my feelings at this moment.. :bawl: :grouphug: "Truly, your kindness astounds me" wow. :heart2: Johnny, your kindness astounds us all. Can't you just feel the love today?! :heart: :heart: :heart:
"This is the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow...Savvy?"

"Thanks, Man. I'll do my best."

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:25 pm

ibbi 3 wrote::heart: :bawl: :grouphug:
I don't know what to say ....

Thank you so much Johnny, if you would have any idea how much you give to us...
this is just a small thing we can do in return. Bless you.
Agreed . . . there's really no way to measure how much he gives to us. No way to express it.

:grouphug:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

LadyAbberline

Unread post by LadyAbberline » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:41 pm

Sorry, me again :blush: I just can't stay away from this wonderful thread. :giddy: I should have asked you last time Part-time Poet, do you keep things like the letter in a special scrap book, or will you have it matted and framed to hang it on the wall--or something else entirely?

Of course if you prefer not to say, I understand. Just wondering. (Me, I'd frame it probably so I could see it everyday, :love: but not before making several copies.)
:heart: KeithUrban 5*9*09 State College PA ~MY PENGUINS Won the STANLEY CUP!
Love my STEELERS, 6-time-Superbowl-Champs :grin:

Polly_anna

Unread post by Polly_anna » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:12 pm

Lovely man, lovely letter! :love:

The typing is a bit too perfect for a manual typewriter, as far as I can see. It is a very elegant font though - can anyone identify it?

owl farm
Location: Just outside of Barstow, where the drugs are beginning to take hold...

Unread post by owl farm » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Polly_anna wrote:Lovely man, lovely letter! :love:

The typing is a bit too perfect for a manual typewriter, as far as I can see. It is a very elegant font though - can anyone identify it?
There's a font called Century Schoolbook that looks like this, although the same font can have other names. It looks like it's the same as the Infinitum Nihil logo. I like it, too. It looks earnest, doesn't it?
I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just do what I do. ~ JD

capnjacksgurl85

Unread post by capnjacksgurl85 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Wow......that's cool! Ha! :-) Thanks Johnny, for taking the time. Very cool indeed. Wow.

Thanks, PtP, for posting the original for us all to see. It's just...wow. Cheers, everyone. :cool:
Now...bring me that horizon.

...the misfit made good...

Polly_anna

Unread post by Polly_anna » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Owl farm said:
There's a font called Century Schoolbook that looks like this, although the same font can have other names. It looks like it's the same as the Infinitum Nihil logo. I like it, too. It looks earnest, doesn't it?
Yes, it does look like that, but the nice squiggly g is missing. The IN logo, I always imagine, looks like letters from a very old book, and is much plainer than the one JD uses in his letter. We can rely on Johnny to use beautiful things!

Deppinthedesert

Unread post by Deppinthedesert » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:30 pm

I don't know what more I can add to what has already so eloquently been said. That's all I know is that when I hopped onto the Johnny Depp bandwagon, I thought it was because I had such admiration for Johnny Depp the actor. I had no idea the journey would take me in the direction it did; admiration and respect for Johnny Depp, the man. Though most celebrities probably appreciate their fans, Johnny goes beyond that....he respects us. Also, I get the feeling that despite all the fame and wealth that has come his way, he considers us his equal. I don't think the press gets it, but WE do and that is all that matters.

Thanks to the Zone administrators for their tireless work in making this birthday project the success that it was.

Drinks all around!

maple

Unread post by maple » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:41 pm

PTP and all the zoners - this is wonderful. Johnny is truly amazing. I feel so much love. :heart: :love: :heart2: :heart:

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:55 pm

linnie wrote:What a gracious man, and what a wonderful writer he is with such an eloquent letter.
The fact that he takes the time to do this shows his true nature and I am moved beyond words.
I know. It's amazing that he makes time to write to us. I wish I knew how to thank him, but some gifts really have no equivalent gesture, and this is one of them.

I hope he knows how happy :angel: he has made all of us at the Zone.

:worldhug:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

Kittycat88

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:14 pm

part-time poet wrote:
linnie wrote:What a gracious man, and what a wonderful writer he is with such an eloquent letter.
The fact that he takes the time to do this shows his true nature and I am moved beyond words.
I know. It's amazing that he makes time to write to us. I wish I knew how to thank him, but some gifts really have no equivalent gesture, and this is one of them.

I hope he knows how happy :angel: he has made all of us at the Zone.

:worldhug:

Part-Time Poet
I think some gifts aren't meant to be returned in kind, but spread forward. We take the gift of Johnny's kindness and good example and we spread it somewhere else.

Natalie...you and the others who keep the zone going are a gift to him. I believe the zone is unique and something he can be proud to have his name associated with. A place to admire and discuss his work, and those who inspired him. And that respects his wishes and honors his code.

flo116

Unread post by flo116 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:03 pm

OMG another thank you letter from our beloved Johnny. :love: I can feel the love coming from this thread, it is just unbelieveable he has inspired all of us from all corners of the globe to be warm giving better human beings. :heart2:
Thank you to all you Zoners for the opportunity to be a small part of this.
"What interested me was that he has so many faces" "But each one is completely pure & innocent" Francois Marie Banier about Johnny