All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 3 of 13 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:33 pm 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
Anna wrote:
Happily Ever After/ Ils Se Marierent... is a great film to watch in its entirety! Worth getting even if only to watch the excellent scene in side the Virgin mega store.

Oh yes I haven't seen that only the clips from the video library its never been released in the UK

French Amazon has it with English subtitles. They ship to the UK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:00 pm 

Anna wrote:

Thanks I'll look into it :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:18 pm 

I forgot the last question;
The movie that was last on my screening list is ST, watched it 10 times I think now.
But what I watch most is 21JS :bowling: and then several movies I watch once a year and others more frequent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:27 pm 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
Anna wrote:

Thanks I'll look into it :cool:

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_ss_d/171-2621966-9008237?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=ils+se+marierent&x=0&y=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:43 pm 

ibbi 3 wrote:
I forgot the last question;
The movie that was last on my screening list is ST, watched it 10 times I think now.
But what I watch most is 21JS :bowling: and then several movies I watch once a year and others more frequent.

ST was the last movie I watched too. But I think when I was catching up the last things I got round to watching was Jump Street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:04 pm 

Lady A wrote:
Quote:
I have not seen The Source, Cannes Mann, Happily Ever After/ Ils Se Marierent, LA Without A Map, or Slow Burn and I am sorry but I just can't think of what LILM is. (Can someone give my brain a jolt?)
I believe I have seen everything else.

I have also not seen any of these.
I haven't seen Arizona Dream, although I would absolutely love to get my hands on a copy of it. :please: I haven't seen Corpse Bride, or BNF, or the complete FaLiLV.
I watched The Brave via youtube, and loved it :applause2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:18 pm 

part-time poet wrote:
Agreed, Anna. I rented the movie intending to watch only Johnny's scenes, but I was so intrigued with Charlotte Gainsbourg's performance that I went back to the beginning and watched it all. She is marvelous--wish we saw more of her over here.

:writer2:

Part-Time Poet

She is terrific, isn't she?
I loved her performance in Jane Eyre.

I have yet to see "The Brave" but will see it tonight, as Alicia is bringing the film to my house. Pizza, red wine and Johnny. What a combo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:43 pm 

Inthezone wrote:
part-time poet wrote:
Agreed, Anna. I rented the movie intending to watch only Johnny's scenes, but I was so intrigued with Charlotte Gainsbourg's performance that I went back to the beginning and watched it all. She is marvelous--wish we saw more of her over here.

Part-Time Poet

She is terrific, isn't she?
I loved her performance in Jane Eyre.

I have yet to see "The Brave" but will see it tonight, as Alicia is bringing the film to my house. Pizza, red wine and Johnny. What a combo!

:bawl: I can't get to Philly...I am close, but not close enough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:47 pm 

I have not yet seen The Source, Cannes Mann, LA Without A Map, Lost in La Mancha, or Slow Burn. I do not consider them to be "feature films" however, so tend not to count them. I also haven't seen the two or three episodes of "Top Secret" that Johnny's narrated.

As far as feature films go, I have not seen Happily Ever After, The Brave, or Platoon. The first because I haven't seen it available and I have not looked for it. I've seen Johnny's parts, though. I will likely never watch the latter because I feel sick when I watch senseless, sadistic injury to innocent people -- in certain situations. The one in between is a mix of both reasons, sort of.

Some people don't count Deep Sea 3D as a feature film either, but I saw it in OmniMax. Though the DVD is still good, once you've seen it in its element, the DVD is a bit disappointing.

I notice some people mentioning they haven't seen a couple of movies, like Nightmare on Elm Street and Private Resort. :lol: I saw both of them in the theater, way WAY back. I also own both of them. Just a side note to those who have seen Private Resort on Comedy Channel and on DVD --- They cut some of it out. There is a boy in the movie who uses a fishing pole to remove a woman's swim suit top. Well, Johnny's character (Jack) knows this kid. In the theater version, he knows the family and there is a running story line that involves them (mostly the kid), although it isn't hugely important to the film. But, when they cut the film for TV & DVD, they obviously decided to leave that part of the film out, except for the one scene with the fishing pole. They also cut the beginning of the film, especially for the DVD. No lead in or establishing shot. It just starts. The theater beginning actually explains how Jack and Ben came to be able to be guests at the resort in the first place.

The last movie I watched was Don Juan DeMarco -- last night with my son. At 17, he watches it predominantly for a different reason than I do. But, we both like the humor in it.

Captain Jack: "Well . . There is a chest."
Norrington: "Oh Dear."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:05 pm 

I haven't seen NOES, Platoon, The Source, LA Without A Map, or Slow Burn.

The last film I watched as I was catching up was Happily Ever After, which I rented from Netflix and enjoyed the entire movie more than I expected to, I watched it with subtitles. I own most of the ones I have seen, with the exception of FALILV, Cannes Man and Happily Ever After.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:09 pm 
JDZ Webmaster

Pinky wrote:
I haven't seen Arizona Dream, although I would absolutely love to get my hands on a copy of it. :please: I haven't seen Corpse Bride, or BNF, or the complete FaLiLV.
I watched The Brave via youtube, and loved it :applause2:

Try Ebay for ARIZONA DREAM--it shows up there pretty regularly and it's quite reasonable.

The others are all available via Netflix or your local video store. Try to rent the Criterion FALILV if you can--the extras are outstanding. I wish we had that presentation for more of Johnny's films; I'd love one for DEAD MAN.

Part-Time Poet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:30 pm 

I wont even list the more obscure stuff I haven't seen...but either never saw or never watched the entire of the following movies:

NOES
Blow
Arizona Dream
Private Resort
Corpse Bride

... I think that's it !

Last edited by Kittycat88 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:31 pm 

Haven't seen Platoon or Happily Ever After or a bunch of those "nonmovies" people are listing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:48 pm 

Haven't seen LA Without A Map or Slow Burn....other than the video clips of Johnny's part in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:56 pm 

I'm almost afraid to admit this, but I have yet to watch my DVD of Sweeney Todd. :hills: I have tried three times.

Other than that, just the obscure ones (Source, Cannes Man, and Slow Burn.) I don't think I was even aware of Slow Burn.

Page 3 of 13 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next