It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 1 of 13 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Is there any Johnny Depp movie you haven't seen?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:31 am 
JDZ Webmaster

I know that many Zoners have never seen THE BRAVE because it is so difficult to obtain a copy of the movie in Region 1, since it was never officially released here.

But there are more than 30 feature films on JD's resume, and I thought it would be fun to compare notes.

Is there any film of Johnny's that you haven't seen? If so, which one (or ones), and why? (Can't find a copy to rent, don't like the subject matter, too violent for me, etc. . . . )

If you have by now seen every movie he's ever made (not that his work is addictive, or anything :grin:), which movie was the last on your screening list?

:goodvibes:

Part-Time Poet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:35 am 

Only the less major ones like The Source , Cannes Mann, LA Without A Map but have seen the actual scenes Johnny is in. And Private Resort. Think I've seen everything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 am 

Haven't seen the early films: Platoon, NOES, Private Resort and although I remember watching 21JS at the time I was not in any way impressed by a Johnny Depp then. Nearly all other films I saw in the last five years and rehab doesn't work here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:45 am 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
Only the less major ones like The Source , Cannes Mann, LA Without A Map but have seen the actual scenes Johnny is in. And Private Resort. Think I've seen everything else.

I didn't even know some of these existed or that he was in them but this would have to be my answer too, without the "have seen the actual scenes Johnny is in" part. Think I've seen everything else. Oh, and I didn't see that war film he's in either. Can't think of the name right now. Platoon. Or NOES.

Last edited by Alicia on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:46 am 

Alicia wrote:
Oh, and I didn't see that war film he's in either. Can't think of the name right now.

Platoon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:48 am 

The only one I don't have is the tv film Slow Burn. I have seen the clips of Johnny in it though. That was enough I don't think I'd like to see the whole thing.

Not sure if it counts but I also have not seen the drama film that he and SF made 'Dummies' but then I don't think anyone has seen it.

All my DVD's are currently in storage in the UK, Arizona Dream was in my laptop so it's the only one I have at the moment and that will be until December or January next year when my stuff finally arrives here but I need to find an apartment to live in first :-/ (I think I know the film word by word by now)

Last edited by Mrs Pink on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:53 am 

Mrs Pink wrote:
The only one I don't have is the tv film Slow Burn.

Same answer for me, Slow Burn is the only I don't have.
And I think I have two or 3 different copies of just about everything else, region 1 , region 2 , special editions.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:54 am 
JDZ Webmaster

I've only seen the JD scenes in LA WITHOUT A MAP--but I have seen all of CANNES MAN.

For a long time, we couldn't get PRIVATE RESORT on DVD here (it finally got a DVD release 2 years ago, because the studio realized it could sell copies to Johnny Depp fans), but it was aired frequently on the Comedy Channel.

It's interesting that so far, it seems to be mostly the early work that we don't feel compelled to see--NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, PRIVATE RESORT, PLATOON--and of course the cameos.

:writer2:

Part-Time Poet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:56 am 

I have only seen a few minutes of Dead Man. Haven't watched Platoon. I dont' have the obscure ones like Caanes Man or The Source. Seems like there's another and LILM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:57 am 

I've seen and have them all except for LA Without A Map (though I think I saw Johnny's part once online - can't remember for sure). Once I started, I couldn't stop :heart: Had to see them all! :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:07 pm 

I haven't seen Platoon, NOES, Private Resort, Slow Burn and most of 21JS.

And I have only seen Johnny's scenes in BNF, The Source, LILM, Cannes Man, and And They Lived Happily Ever After (?, not sure that's the English name). But have seen the entire LA Without A Map and liked it :cool:

Last edited by jdpes on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:20 pm 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

I haven't seen any of those you mentioned, GG. I haven't seen Slow Burn either. I doubt I would be interested.

CryBaby, The Brave & Arizona Dream were the last on my list--saw them late last year. I'm currently watching 21JS for the first time.

. . if you simply try to tell the truth you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. --C.S. Lewis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:36 pm 

NOES (I've seen his part but not the movie I can't do those kind of moives so I will never watch it) :-O

LA Without A Map (can't find)

Slow Burn (Again I've watched his part but the show is no longer available)

Arizona Dream ( really really want to see this) :waiting:

Some of 21 JS (I tried but these just are just not my thing. I got the entire series from netflix and just fast forwarded to Johnny's parts. Sorry 21JS fans I did not like this series and can see why Johnny wanted off. Very silly. But I hear the music was a big part of the show which is not on the DVDs now.) :blush:

I painfully watch Private Resort last year.

I was lucky enough to catch the Brave on you tube (amazing)
:thud:

I am slowly building a complete DVD library now. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:41 pm 

Private Resort was on sale at my local Winco for 5 bucks. YIKES I own it, unfortunately bought it for more than $5. LOL
It's great to watch a young Johnny but I can see why he doesn't mention it much.

When I was first inflicted with JDOCD I went from video store to video store devouring every film I could get my hands on. Any cameo I heard about I got in my grubby paws some way or another. I've seen everything he's ever been in except the Gypsy Caravan documentary. I think that's the name of it. Hmm better look that one up. No wonder I haven't seen that yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:53 pm 

Happily Ever After/ Ils Se Marierent... is a great film to watch in its entirety! Worth getting even if only to watch the excellent scene in side the Virgin mega store.

Page 1 of 13 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next