It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Bryan Burrough Q&A #19 - The Final Answer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:15 am 
JDZ Moderator

Unfortunately, we have come to the end of this Q&A. :bawl: Again we thank Bryan for his graciousness and his enthusiasm. :notworthy:
And we thank the Noodlemantras for keeping the discussion alive. :ONBC:
And thanks to Johnny, we haven’t seen the last of these Public Enemies.:applause2:

ONBC: What is your next project?

Bryan Burrough: Thanks for asking! My next book, due out early next year from Penguin Press, is called “THE BIG RICH: Four Texas Families and the American Century.’’ It’s the story of the four wealthiest oil families in Texas. Like one big long episode of “Dallas.’’

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:29 am 

OOOOOOOOOO, I LOVED the "Dallas" series !!

A heart-felt Thank You to Mr. Burroughs for sharing his time (and talent) with ONBC. It was an absolute pleasure to participate. All the best to him in his future endeavours !

I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special. April 7, 2008

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:57 pm 

Well after being reluctant to read the book as it was not something I normally would have chosen, I have to say thank you, Mr B., because it has taught me lots about the US, and has sparked some really good considered discussion.

Another example of ONBC amking us get outside our little boxes, so thank you Liz, DITHOT, and of course Mr B.

Solace in the flood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:23 pm 

Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson
Thanks Mr Burrough for taking the time to respond to the ONBC Q&A and to Liz and DITHOT for setting it up. It really added to the enjoyment of the PE book. The new book sounds intriguing. I'm sure our Texas Zoners will find it particularly interesting.

:thanks!:

I guess I now have to retire my 'moll' nickname ~ Too Tall Tula

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:10 pm 
JDZ Moderator

KYwoman wrote:

I guess I now have to retire my 'moll' nickname ~ Too Tall Tula

Keep it in the back of your mind. You may need to bring it out of its retirement next year.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:36 pm 

And so we reach the end of another great discussion. Thank you very much Mr Burrough for answering our questions! And good luck with you next book.:applause:
And thank you Liz and DIDHOT for running the show and to all for fascinating discussions. :thanks!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:38 pm 

That's really interesting. I'm not a fan of Dallas, but with Bush in the presidency and all those ranches mentioned, I've been wondering about ties between important political families and oil. I'll be waiting for that one, Mr. Burrough!
Thanks again Liz, DITHOT and Endora (for my copy) and all the others for a thought-provoking discussion. :grouphug:

Yes, I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion. - Tom Wingfield, Glass Menagerie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:21 pm 

I'm playing catch up here, as I'm only about half-way through the book - but enjoying it IMMENSELY, as that is one of my favorite periods in US history and I'm fascinated by the criminals of that era.

Thank you, Bryan, for taking time from your schedule to answer questions from The Zone. Your answers are enhancing my reading, and I - like all here who have benefited from your insights - am grateful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:43 pm 
JDZ Moderator

teacher wrote:
That's really interesting. I'm not a fan of Dallas, but with Bush in the presidency and all those ranches mentioned, I've been wondering about ties between important political families and oil. I'll be waiting for that one, Mr. Burrough!

I was a Dallas fan. But I'm sure Bryan's book will be much more fascinating than the TV show. I'm looking forward to it. :bounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:18 pm 

I'll be looking out for Mr. Burrough's next literary offering! This Q&A has been a lot of fun. Thanks to Mr. Burrough and to all the rest of youse guys! :hatsoff:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:42 pm 

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions Mr. B. I'll be putting your next book on my "wish list" at Amazon; I find true stories to be much more entertaining than fiction; you proved that with PE. Hope to see you mentioned and interviewed again during the publicity surrounding the premiere of PE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:55 pm 

Wow! Sounds like another fascinating and meaty subject! :cool: Thanks to Mr. Burrough and our moll mods for being so interesting and kind and thorough and to all the rest of you molls for adding so much to this discussion! :bouquet: And may The Big Rich be another PE!!!! :applause2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:24 pm 

Another thank you to the author for being so gracious to us. Texas and The Big Rich sounds like it will be fascinating, and I'm looking forward to it. I feel like I know Mr. Burrough a little now, and and will be reading his future works with affection as well as interest.

And thanks to DITHOT and Liz for another great event on ONBC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:34 pm 

I've only just gotten my book, but I've kept up with the discussion. Thanks so much for sharing your time and insights. Best wishes and God's grace. Susan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:57 am 

Taking advantage of this opportunity, let me say huge "Thank you" to Mr. Burrough and ONBC.
I am still on my way to read it through, but I am really enjoying every single word.
It takes a little bit more, but I swear that I will read it till the end.

Thanks once again for this wonderful opportunity to meet such a wonderful book.

---Johnny Depp---
 Profile WWW  

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2  Next