It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bryan Burrough Q&A #17
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:17 am 
JDZ Moderator

ONBC: Will you be involved in the filming of the movie at all? I think we all are aware it will not come off as a documentary. But do you know if it will keep to the spirit of your book?

Bryan Burrough: It will definitely keep to the spirit of the book, and many of the facts, at least according to the screenplay I’ve read. I was surprised how many lines from the book, both those spoken by the characters and a few I wrote, that appear in the script. Other than that, I’m not involved in the production. If I’m lucky, I may get to visit the set at some point.

:hope:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:00 pm 

Quote:
It will definitely keep to the spirit of the book, and many of the facts, at least according to the screenplay I’ve read. I was surprised how many lines from the book, both those spoken by the characters and a few I wrote, that appear in the script.

I'm glad about that. But I certainly hope that Mr Burrough does get invited to the set and soon. I'd be frantic to get there, if I were him! Fingers crossed...
:hope:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:43 pm 

I suppose this is the reality of business. :bawl: Sell the rights to make a movie and it isn't your baby any more no matter how attached you are or how devoted you have been to creating the book. Or how much knowledge you have and how much help you could be! It must be similar to watching your child become an adult and move to another state. And having well-meaning people tell you what a great job you did because the young adult is so capable and independent.

I do hope Mr Burrough is invited to be part of the process or at least gets to attend the premiere. And most of all I hope he is proud and happy with the end product. With Johnny in the starring role, things are looking good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:04 pm 

Oh how exciting! I've underlined my favorite lines in the book (some of which I posted in response to the Humor question) and I'll look forward to finding out if any of them make it to the screen.

Remember the debacle in Mason City (pgs. 250-256)? There's some classic dialogue there, ending with Dillinger asking, "Who the hell is running this show?" :rotflmao:

Like everyone else here at ONBC, I hope Mr. Burrough gets treated to some really dandy special events before this project is through. He deserves it!

Last edited by Parlez on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:56 am 
JDZ Moderator

Parlez wrote:
Like everyone else here at ONBC, I hope Mr. Burrough get's treated to some really dandy special events before this project is through. He deserves it!

He sure does! All digits crossed for him.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:47 pm 

I hope so too, he seems to be a very nice man.

Maybe he should make a proposal to the production company to write "the making of PE" articles, to be published as part of the marketing campaign. His writing style is very easy. It would be a plus for VF as well as for the movie. And for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:03 pm 

Well I think the production company or Mr Mann should at least invite him to watch filming for at least a day. I am very happy to hear that they are sticking close to the book. The closer the better. :cool:

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]