It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:18 am 

I have to give out quite a few thank you's today. First and foremost to Liz and DITHOT for sparking my interest in this book, for the fantastic tidbits and the effort to bring Mr. Burrough to our discussion table.
Next, but not a bit less, to wonderfull Endora who got the book my way waaaaaay faster than Amazon.com would've (That's a month faster at least), along with a lovely card from her hometown (Mr. Burrough, you are absolutely right about this place where people are nice to each other, and more, where people actually like each other.)
And finally, but absolutely not the least, thanks to Mr. Burrough who (as far as these first 160 pages I've read so far tell me) has done an incredible job, not only with the extensiveness of his research and his eye for detail, but in managing to portray it all in an engrossing and utterly captivating way that makes this book a truely worthy read. It is a rare book where what is fun is also true.
And from a fan of JD's (Johnny Depp's, that is, though Dillinger is quite interesting, too), thank you Mr. Burrough for writing a book that leads to such an interesting character for JD, as well as a character that he obviously enjoys playing. We all know here that he and MM will do justice to your book.

Yes, I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion. - Tom Wingfield, Glass Menagerie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:03 am 
JDZ Moderator

Thanks for posting such kind words to all, teacher. :cool:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2